The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Aribo indeed has some kind of fixed release clause, as long as two or more parties are interested then surely this could be a minimum starting point in terms of final fee?

Wouldn‘t begrudge him a move. He’s been great when fit…..or not exhausted by endless games!

Not how it works, both teams would pay the buyout fee, then they fight over Aribo by upping his wages.

We would not make more money

Think it's particularly tough for folk to let go knowing where we have come from and the utter dross we have had over the past decade that these players have been the best we've had for a long time, but we are Rangers and back to our best so attracting quality players should not be a problem.
I think it’s the fear of the unknown.

It’s why we have shouts to re-sign Diallo and Ramsey.

I’m all for embracing new heroes. There needs to be new blood coming into the club every year or two and we really need to start seeing our player trading model bearing fruit.

Would be gutted to lose the likes of Aribo and Morelos.

At the same time I understand it is the model we must be following and it's long overdue that our player trading kicks in.

It's just a wrench cause we're not used to it.

We need to get excited about signing top talent and flipping them. Rinse and repeat.

As a loan to buy, I'd be fine with Diallo coming back.

Man Utd paid about £18 million plus add ons. A loan to buy at £8-10 million, a sell on and a £20-25 million buy back clause, wouldn't be too outlandish for both parties.

If Diallo does well Man Utd would lose £8-10 million (which is very little to them), but they don't have to pay all the add ons to Atalanta. If he continues his development they can bring him back a year or 2 down the line.

We'd obviously need to make the champions league to pay that, but I'd be happy if something like that could get sorted out. A fully motivated Diallo here playing for a move, would be interesting.
Those numbers are just absolutely crazy for a player who did absolutely nothing in 6 months, wilted at the piggery and needed replaced in the cup final (after being nowhere near trusted in the Euro final).

If Man United hadn’t spent crazy amounts on him, which they can afford to waste, then you wouldn’t be suggesting anywhere near the numbers that you have done. The transfer fee is based purely on them overspending.

Diallo was out performed last season as an attacking option by Wright. That in itself should speak volumes.

Get him back as an option if gio thinks he can work on him but we cannot be going into the season expecting to rely on him, as he has not shown us he can be relied on.

A Hibs fan pretending to be a Rangers fan, to get a job at RangersReview.
He was very open about being a Hibs fan when I listened to the record rangers podcast. I find it hard to take any issue with him as he speaks well and is more positive about Rangers than 99% of us.

We need to start understanding, it's unlikely we sell an asset and replace with the same quality or better. That is extremely difficult, when you bring in X amount of money and use 1/2X to replace.

Then when we do bring in 1/2X player, he then takes minutes away from Lowry.

Lowry to me looks like one of the better youngsters, we have had for some time, he has qualities that you can't coach but we need to find out what he has, taking minutes away from him imo, is a big error.

Grigo's, point on losing Aribo, a lot of positional flexibility and attributes, is a brilliant point. However, Aribo was such a unique player that is very hard to find and we can't stress out on it, he's in the last year of his contract, if we get a bid that outweighs keeping him for a year, then he goes
Would be gutted to lose the likes of Aribo and Morelos.

At the same time I understand it is the model we must be following and it's long overdue that our player trading kicks in.

It's just a wrench cause we're not used to it.

We need to get excited about signing top talent and flipping them. Rinse and repeat.

Yes, it’s a bummer if they go, but if they do, I’m hoping we go a bit younger & bring younger talents with real potential that we can watch develop as we have with them in recent years.

There’s so much talent about & if Colak is signed we have a bit of experience, so hopefully younger players follow.

Guys such as Botheim, Solbakken, Sarr, just as examples, are all in the 21-23 age group. Just as Joe & Alfie we’re when they joined.

To be fair to Hutton he knows considerably more than the Twitter weirdos who’s attention seeking guesswork is taken as gospel.

He alluded to Goldson wanting to stay in Seville yet the majority chose to believe a few posters who knew for a fact he’d said his goodbyes, sold his rented property and moved back down south to sign for some overrated jobbers.

I’d say there’s a pretty good chance Diallo will be back with us next year.

Hutton and football insider get a lot of info from football agents they worked with who are still involved with current players.

a lot of the time they print nonsense for hits but sometimes they do have genuine info.

As a loan to buy, I'd be fine with Diallo coming back.

Man Utd paid about £18 million plus add ons. A loan to buy at £8-10 million, a sell on and a £20-25 million buy back clause, wouldn't be too outlandish for both parties.

If Diallo does well Man Utd would lose £8-10 million (which is very little to them), but they don't have to pay all the add ons to Atalanta. If he continues his development they can bring him back a year or 2 down the line.

We'd obviously need to make the champions league to pay that, but I'd be happy if something like that could get sorted out. A fully motivated Diallo here playing for a move, would be interesting.

You think we would consider spending 8-10m on Diallo?

Have you lost your mind, Sir?

Yes, it’s a bummer if they go, but if they do, I’m hoping we go a bit younger & bring younger talents with real potential that we can watch develop as we have with them in recent years.

There’s so much talent about & if Colak is signed we have a bit of experience, so hopefully younger players follow.

Guys such as Botheim, Solbakken, Sarr, just as examples, are all in the 21-23 age group. Just as Joe & Alfie we’re when they joined.
Sarr? I mustve missed this?

You’re forgetting that this one big season financially is on the back of 5 or more with huge losses. There are financial gaps to be plugged before we’re in the position to splash the cash. Even with big sales, should they come, I reckon it’s unlikely all cash brought in will be reinvested on transfers.
Exactly what I am getting at

£20m is great business for Morelos and Aribo given the contract situations.

This team is in desperate need of at least 2 or 3 new faces in the starting 11, get it done Rangers and get Kent extended.
Aribo and Morelos going is a good thing because we need new players? That documentary the other evening, how many of then "72 team" were winning the treble in the late 70s? After checking it out: there was six of them; two more ended up returning to the club, and two of them retired, or naturally came to the end of their time at Rangers- it should also be mentioned that one of those who would have started that game was injured, or he would have made it seven; that's nine players, not counting Parlane, still at the club at some point a few years after that game. Changing a side for the sake of it is not a panacea, as you seem to think it is.

I think folk need to calm about our transfer activity. The way I see it (and I could be wrong).

The squad is already maxed out in every position and we will replace as we sell.

A perfect example is Itten out - Colak in.

If Morelos leaves, we will sign a striker, same with Roofe.

If Aribo leaves, we will sign a right sided attacker…..

With Ramsey & Diallo going, despite being loan players, we are down an AM & RW mate, even if Colak replaces Ced.

Aribo and Morelos going is a good thing because we need new players? That documentary the other evening, how many of then "72 team" were winning the treble in the late 70s? After checking it out: there was six of them; two more ended up returning to the club, and two of them retired, or naturally came to the end of their time at Rangers- it should also be mentioned that one of those who would have started that game was injured, or he would have made it seven; that's nine players, not counting Parlane, still at the club at some point a few years after that game. Changing a side for the sake of it is not a panacea, as you seem to think it is.

Its not the 70's anymore.

For a start, the bosman rule didn't exist in the 70's. Would you rather we just let them go for free next season?

£20m for those two would be good business.

Its not the 70's anymore.

For a start, the bosman rule didn't exist in the 70's. Would you rather we just let them go for free next season?

£20m for those two would be good business.

Yip, people make mention of even the current Liverpool side and how long they have been together, that will be the side with the 66 million GK, the 75 million CB, the 50 million midfielder etc.

Player trading is part of our cub now, unsure how many times people need to be told that before it will actually sink in

True, but Liverpool operate on a different financial level to us with their EPL TV deal so can probably afford this. Rangers, with our pitiful TV revenues, have a greater need to trade players at a profit to be able to invest in the squad and the infrastructure of the club. We should therefore be making damn sure we don’t let prime assets run their contract down and leave for free. Morelos, Kent and Aribo being the players at this point we either need to secure on contract extensions or sell this summer.

Surely you understand that nowadays the players have almost all the power to sit out their contract should they wish to do so.

I may not like the fact we have 3 prized assets worth in excess of £30m possibly walking out the door for free this time next summer but it is the reality of the situation unless we sell them now or extend their contracts.

Contracts can only be extend if the players are willing but it is becoming more and more common for players to run their contracts down. This way they can receive hefty signing on fees and larger salaries from their new club. Perhaps this is the intention of Kent, Aribo and Alfie. Whatever, I am confident the club have done everything possible at times over the past season to have them agree to extend their contracts.

As the squad stands right now we are weaker than we were last season.

I'd like to think we've targeted a right sided attacker and possibly one more position before any money comes in for sales.

Absolutely agree SDF.

Preferably the RW would be pacy in my opinion, as even Colak joining means we have no pace centrally.

We’re in desperate need of 2 or 3 (at a bare minimum) before they leave.

Agreed but them leaving should give us more funds to sign a better quality of player than the budget provides at the moment.

A left back, goalscoring mid, right winger and a Striker (probably 2 needed if Alfie goes - 1 replacement, and and backup).

That was 5 decades ago!

other than the amount of players on the park and using a ball it’s almost a different game.

and off the park it’s worse from a clubs point of view, Bosman changed it all.

Surely you understand that nowadays the players have almost all the power to sit out their contract should they wish to do so.

I may not like the fact we have 3 prized assets worth in excess of £30m possibly walking out the door for free this time next summer but it is the reality of the situation unless we sell them now or extend their contracts.

Contracts can only be extend if the players are willing but it is becoming more and more common for players to run their contracts down. This way they can receive hefty signing on fees and larger salaries from their new club. Perhaps this is the intention of Kent, Aribo and Alfie. Whatever, I am confident the club have done everything possible at times over the past season to have them agree to extend their contracts.

Yes I absolutely understand that player power reigns supreme in these situations. All I’m saying is that if the club know that is the players intent, they should work hard to either extend their contracts or find a deal with another club that suits the player (better league, wages, lifestyle etc) and Rangers (transfer fee rather than losing them for zero). I’ve no doubt that Ross Wilson and the board know this and do this, they’re not daft. I think :) I’m sure that’s why Kamara’s contract was extended, for example. But I agree with you it’s in the players hands and who can blame them for wanting to get what could be a transfer fee to the club as a signing on fee and higher wages for them personally.

Nah you are just putting your own spin.

There’s far better quality available to him
than signing the likes of Bournemouth reserve players for example. It really isn’t hard. He’s supposed to have a large team of scouts behind him. Are you telling me there’s not better than that available in Scandinavia for example?

He seems to be happy with the English comfort blanket at times. He can and should be doing better with the resources available. It’s as simple as that.

Perhaps it was SG the liked the English comfy blanket. Hopefully Gio has changed that mindset and we cast our net a good deal wider with our transfer dealings in the future.

Perhaps it was SG the liked the English comfy blanket. Hopefully Gio has changed that mindset and we cast our net a good deal wider with our transfer dealings in the future.
Every manager will have a preferred pool of players. It's often ones that they have worked with before, or from leagues they know about. It's not uncommon.

Whilst the board were relaxed...

Way too much credence is being given to this word.

if you know you’ve done all you can then you’re relaxed about the outcome. It doesn’t mean you like it.

if you have an overview of the business, speak to the players regularly and aren’t making your decisions using emotion, via a web site and second hand , at best, information……. Then yeah. You probably are relaxed.

I actually think there’s people on this board who get anxious in their daily lives because they’ve formed negative connotations with the word relaxed now.

Yip, people make mention of even the current Liverpool side and how long they have been together, that will be the side with the 66 million GK, the 75 million CB, the 50 million midfielder etc.

Player trading is part of our cub now, unsure how many times people need to be told that before it will actually sink in

"We can't sell Coutinho. Not even for £120m. Who's going to replace him ?"

With Ramsey & Diallo going, despite being loan players, we are down an AM & RW mate, even if Colak replaces Ced.

I suppose you could argue Ramsay's loan was directly to cover Hagi's injury. Hagi's return means we may not need another such deal, depending on when that is expected exactly, especially with the emergence of Lowry taken into account.

But in terms of Diallo and Ced I agree. Clear gaps in the squad that have been recently vacated and should indicate an addition to be made there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back