The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bit odd to use that example when Edgar (and a few of his colleagues) were the public front of the campaign against Murray. You also can't use a hypothetical to criticise.

In the past two years, what has happened at the club that you feel fan media has ignored or failed to take a stance on?
They're in with club now so it would be a different story. They've decided to do it. Their money their choice. Personally think they're wasting their cash for boring PC and not much else but that's their call .

Very bizzare reaction to fan media on here. Seems they would rather the people who despise us got the scoop on our news.
It's not really scoops on news though, they are all saying the same thing almost verbatim and when the club tell them to say it.

I'm glad that if anyone is getting told to relay messages, then it's them rather than the gutter press, but it just feels like fan media isn't exactly fan media anymore.

£20m is great business for Morelos and Aribo given the contract situations.

This team is in desperate need of at least 2 or 3 new faces in the starting 11, get it done Rangers and get Kent extended.
If we were going to extend any and I was looking for a sale then think it would be kent
Has fan media just turned into a PR exercise for the club? Embarrassing when you see it like that lol.
Fans media are just like us fans and they ate right. We picked him up cheap, developed him and then we sell him for big money to England hopefully. Win win for both and we show other youngsters down south what is possible if they come here

They're in with club now so it would be a different story. They've decided to do it. Their money their choice. Personally think they're wasting their cash for boring PC and not much else but that's their call .

So there's nothing in the last two years...?

You can't claim it would be "a different story". They were invited into the club by Murray and said no. You're making something up to suit your agenda.

I'm surprised that we haven't had any more news on Colak. Thought he might have been signed by now.
If we are interested you should know we can sometimes drag the arse out of transfers.

I thought we’d move quick in this window but the more days go by, the more I think we won’t be signing anyone until a player departs which seems bonkers tbh but I hope I’m wrong

All of those tweets say basically “the club will do well”

I don’t doubt we will but the fact they were all put out in close proximity to one another suggests that it’s the clubs party line that they’re all just passing on
Then there's no problem then.

Where has all this talk of fan media come from? I Don't see many really ripping into fan media.
I suggested that they'd posted some "cryptic pish" last night regarding aribo and was asking for updates. Now people are acting like someone has hooked their maw in the coupon
Transfer thread with no transfers and next to no rumours. Something has to fill the void.

I have no idea who you are and what your background is, but although you are entitled to your opinion, it does seem quite bizarre that you see no value in others having a relationship with the club that means they are able to provide information that is reliable.
Did you used to have sources yourself perhaps that are no longer available to you? Just asking

I have no idea who you are and what your background is, but although you are entitled to your opinion, it does seem quite bizarre that you see no value in others having a relationship with the club that means they are able to provide information that is reliable.
Did you used to have sources yourself perhaps that are no longer available to you? Just asking
I'm not Keith Jackson mate. Plenty have similar views as me on it.

I don’t doubt we will but the fact they were all put out in close proximity to one another suggests that it’s the clubs party line that they’re all just passing on
If the club has briefed them he is likely to be leaving soon for whatever his release clause is going to be then what is the problem with that and what is the problem with them reporting on that?

The cynic in me could interpret "Rangers will make a decent profit for someone in the last year of his contract" as softening us up for a deal that isnt anywhere near the value most on here have in their heads.

But then, that's just the cynic in me.

Journalist Jonny McFarlane has revealed on the Rangers Review YouTube channel that discussions are ongoing between the club and Alfredo Morelos regarding a new contract.

McFarlane’s update comes amid reports in Spain linking the Colombian striker with an exit, with Sevilla thought to be preparing to make an €8m :D(£6.9m) offer for the 26-year-old, with some suggestion that the bid had already been tabled.

The update relayed comments made by Spanish journalist Gonzalo Tortosa, who claimed that Morelos would be open to a move to the Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan, as he viewed the opportunity as a ‘perfect step’ in his career after five years in Glasgow.

However, McFarlane was quick to shoot down the emerging news on Twitter, saying that suggestions of a bid were ‘emphatically denied’ and he has since revealed that the 11-cap Colombia international is working on a new deal with his current employers.

He said: “The player is still in talks with Rangers. Rangers are still extremely keen to retain Alfredo Morelos and that is developing behind the scenes. We know that the club is extremely keen to keep these things under wraps, so as these things develop, they try and keep them in-house.”

The £11.7m-rated frontman has scored 113 goals in 224 appearances for the Light Blues and weighed in with 51 assists in that time, meaning his loss would be huge.

Given his precarious contract situation, something is going to have to give, and with only 12 months left on his current deal, we will perhaps find out sooner rather than later.

He has finished as the club’s top scorer in the Scottish Premiership in four of his five seasons at Ibrox, and Ross Wilson won’t like to see him move on.

However, if a new contract can’t be agreed upon, the Gers are going to have to accept what perhaps will be an unsatisfactory offer or else lose their talisman for nothing next summer.
“The £11.7m-rated frontman”. Very specific! :D

Must have dreamed one of the fan media podcasts getting laid into Wilson for being workshy (as is strongly rumoured) and well, just not convincing.

I'm not an avid listener or nout, but they clearly aren't shills. FFS, you had one of them claiming Barisic went off injured because he was shitting it to hit a penalty in the finals.

FV_5AeEaMAAoz6d

While I wonder if this is potentially true, you have to wonder why the inverse is so often true? So, so many of the recent wonderkids seem to fall victim to the same early retirements or burnout. Is it that their physical attributes were superior younger & they essentially aged out prematurely?

Ramsey, Bale, Rooney, Walcott, Rodwell, R9, Wilshere, Sneijder, Kompany, Vanden Borre, Van Der Vaart etc were all elite at young ages in recent years & fell away, in all different ways. There are exceptions like Lukaku etc, but it seems quite common that the teenage superstars end up wrecked earlier than the usual player.

The ones who retire early maybe stand out more?

For those 12 you mentioned there will be loads of guys who have played pro from 17/18 and gone on to have long careers relatively injury free

Aribo can be brilliant and yet at other times so frustrating. If he could add more goals to his game then he'd be one we couldn't afford to let go
I’ve thought that about Lowry in his limited game time, the talent is obvious, but sometimes it just doesn’t come off.

Having said that, I’ll be quite happy to see him playing as much as possible next season. I would rather have a forward player that’s willing to take the gambles than one who will always play it safe. I understand why people think that Lowry is too young to replace Aribo, but as others have said, Messi wasn’t too young when he was tearing up for Barcelona as a teenager, Rooney wasn’t too young when he virtually the first name on the Everton teamsheet and we’ve faced plenty of euro teams who have no problems trusting youngsters in big games.

The optimist in me is saying we’ve waited until we launched the kit so the raft of new lads can be wearing it at their unveiling.

As I type this I’m reminded of the time we announced Katic in a Hummel training top. Shivers.

The optimist in me is saying we’ve waited until we launched the kit so the raft of new lads can be wearing it at their unveiling.

As I type this I’m reminded of the time we announced Katic in a Hummel training top. Shivers.

It could also be that new players we are pursuing are on holiday too Alex ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back