Mark Warburton to West Ham assistant coach

Trueblue82

Official Ticketer
Wonder what reception he will get at the friendly.

We are delighted to announce the appointment of Mark Warburton as a first-team assistant coach.

The former Brentford, Rangers, Nottingham Forest and Queens Park Rangers manager has managed nearly 350 matches, winning two promotions and a succession of individual awards, and will add experience and knowhow to David Moyes’ backroom staff.

Bit of a weird pair of up styles there. If Moyes continues to do well it's basically a cooshty job for him for the foreseeable. I think he's given up on his dream of managing at the very top like he said he set out to do.

Might be welcomed by the players with fresh ideas and training.

Bit of a weird pair of up styles there. If Moyes continues to do well it's basically a cooshty job for him for the foreseeable. I think he's given up on his dream of managing at the very top like he said he set out to do.

Might be welcomed by the players with fresh ideas and training.
He managed at the very top though!

Not quite willing to fawn given he threatened to take the club to court despite being correct.

I think it could actually do his career good to work with a manager like Moyes.
Pragmatism is a necessity in a football manager.
The Plan A naivety did him no favours.

I’ll be very interested to see how he fares in his next managerial job after this post.

As others have already mentioned, will be remembered for signing James Tavernier.... if nothing else this was a fantastic signing that we still have the benifit of seeing today.

He was still making the two subs at 70 mins at QPR & come on own up who's still got one of them magic hats

He was a part of the journey in getting us back, I still like him. Like Gerrard I have no issue with people moving on, if an English team comes in for them then they would be mad not to take the opportunity.

I liked Warburton, bit one dimensional tactically but done the best with what was at his disposal. Hope he gets a good reception.

I would hope he’d get a decent reception. Done a job early on but didn’t work out stepping up a level. Left under a bit of a cloud but no ill will to him from me
Correct. He was a revelation after the horrorshow for seasons before him.

Tailed off in the first season and never ever got going again in the second.

Back