Seat moves

Has anyone that was on list for a move had any offers in last few days?

Does this process stop now they’ve started offering seats out to those on waiting list?

I was told on Thursday I’d hear in a few days.

Like the last 4 years I expect nothing more from the club.
I’m not expecting much at all as I’m looking for a move for 2 of us, so was never expecting to get anywhere. Just horrible trying to get any information at all out them.

Wonder if there’s still folk looking to move as a single seat who haven’t been accommodated and now they’re offering out to people on waiting list.

I’m not expecting much at all as I’m looking for a move for 2 of us, so was never expecting to get anywhere. Just horrible trying to get any information at all out them.

Wonder if there’s still folk looking to move as a single seat who haven’t been accommodated and now they’re offering out to people on waiting list.

Yeah it’s two together I need.

I’m just gonna try and take it into my own hands and look for people who may be giving theirs up or wanting a move.

The club are clearly not getting me anything.

I emailed them on Friday to ask if my request had been looked at. I got a rather terse reply saying they had offered moves to everyone who was high enough on the waiting list.

My mate is waiting for a move to a single seat, offered nothing yet there are seats available in many parts of the ground to new season ticket holders (according to the seat map on the link posted.)

My mate is waiting for a move to a single seat, offered nothing yet there are seats available in many parts of the ground to new season ticket holders (according to the seat map on the link posted.)
Not good. Despite having the free purchase to join waiting list in my order history they told me I wasn’t on it when I contacted them. They had no record of being on it.

Ask you to go through that process and then don’t add you. Then send out different instructions for joining when renewal info came out.

So all I’m annoyed about is horrific communication. However, if I was looking for a single seat and hadn’t been contacted before new ST are handed out I’d be raging!

Could well be because people accepted a seat move from a somewhere that had an empty seat next to it.

Unless the club draws a line in the sand, the musical chairs could go on forever.
If that scenario happens then the new available seat/seats should still be offered to someone on transfer list first imo.

They should set a cut off for joining transfer list and then at very least make sure everyone on it at gets a yes or no to moving.

I put a request in last season and got a move no problem. I’m in the main stand and my dad was 5 rows in front of me. Managed to get 2 seats together in the row behind my original seat and it’s worked out great, sat next to good guys with no arseholes about except European nights.

I put a request in last season and got a move no problem. I’m in the main stand and my dad was 5 rows in front of me. Managed to get 2 seats together in the row behind my original seat and it’s worked out great, sat next to good guys with no arseholes about except European nights.

Wish it were that simple for me haha.

Are we saying that is the moves finished for existing season ticket holders and it is now sell what is available on the stadium "map" to MyGers members, whether those are singles or pairs?

Are we saying that is the moves finished for existing season ticket holders and it is now sell what is available on the stadium "map" to MyGers members, whether those are singles or pairs?
It’s pretty clear that there are multiple double seats available so it would be quite unfair if seat moves are over, presuming there are people who would take two seats together anywhere.

It’s a bit frustrating when you’ve requested a seat move and you can literally see what you want is available to buy!!

Does anyone know where seat 70 Govan rear is in relation to the aisle

I’m in seat 49 and I’m 5 seats away from the isle going left towards the middle as you look at the pitch, so give or take a seat or two seat 70 will be about 15 seats from the isle in GR3

It’s a bit frustrating when you’ve requested a seat move and you can literally see what you want is available to buy!!
You wonder if it's best to give up your season ticket and then get a new one when they send out offers to those on the waiting list.

Whilst I've moved to a better seat of sorts, I reckon that I could have got a better seat of I was able to choose my own.

Drawing a line at the cost of peeing off existing customers is not a good business model. New customers might be satisfied now but will come to realize that the business does not appear to give a stuff.
‘Existing customers’ have already committed and accepted the seat they have purchased. Rangers could easily say they won’t accommodate seat moves but they choose to do so to satisfy some season ticket holders.

The system isn’t perfect, but there’s only so long the club can do the seat moves before having to sell new tickets.

Club need to draw a line at some point
They don’t really if they have some basic software in place that allows customers to self serve….

I know the club are looking to invest in this area, and have benchmarked the likes of the model used by Leipzig.

‘Existing customers’ have already committed and accepted the seat they have purchased. Rangers could easily say they won’t accommodate seat moves but they choose to do so to satisfy some season ticket holders.

The system isn’t perfect, but there’s only so long the club can do the seat moves before having to sell new tickets.

And if you are in a seat which is not really a seat because everyone around you stands up and you are physically not able to stand up it is tough shit, thank you and good night?

I think your last sentence is the norm everywhere :))

How can you see ? I can load the large plan up to see limited seating but not individual seats
You can attempt to buy a seat in the area you want, it will then put the specific seat number and row into your basket. The only one I done came up exactly what I’d asked for.

Probably not cool to do this as will temporarily remove the seat for others to buy.

Saw that line about line in the sand last night on here last night, I’m not sure I follow that line of thinking at all. Why do they need to draw a line after 2 weeks of trying to do swaps, but will now probably spend umpteen going through waiting list?

Seat moves don’t detract from chances of those on waiting list either, as will still be a seat available if someone moves. Club ask you to renew first then they’ll look into move, so you you’re committing to a purchase hoping they'll get a move.

Whole host of reasons that current fans look to move. As usual it’s pay your money and shut the f*ck up though.

CD4

6242-D7-E6-3796-4545-9597-B37-C2-C6-C79-DC.jpg
That’s a cracking seat

I don’t see why we couldn’t use this thread or a thread in the Ticket Office forum?

@mdingwall could we create one or were there problems when this was tried before?
You could easily set up a Google sheet.

Put your seat rough area and where you’re looking for and an email address.

Someone comes on and can find a section they’re looking for and contacts any that they’re able to give the section the initial guy is looking for. They then arrange the swap via the ticket office

If that makes sense.

You could easily set up a Google sheet.

Put your seat rough area and where you’re looking for and an email address.

Someone comes on and can find a section they’re looking for and contacts any that they’re able to give the section the initial guy is looking for. They then arrange the swap via the ticket office

If that makes sense.
I was wondering if admins on here have explored the possibility of a thread on here that would allow for people to arrange for seat swaps?

Perhaps among official ticketers only as at least they're verified accounts?

EDIT: I am aware there could still be some dangers to this but I am new around here so not sure if the idea has been explored or not

I was wondering if admins on here have explored the possibility of a thread on here that would allow for people to arrange for seat swaps?

Perhaps among official ticketers only as at least they're verified accounts?

EDIT: I am aware there could still be some dangers to this but I am new around here so not sure if the idea has been explored or not
Someone said previously that it had been attempted by a poster and chopped I think. Would be a logistical nightmare

Back