Bale joins LAFC in the MLS

Not quite a done deal yet but very close:

I don’t really know much about the MLS but, what sort of salaries are they able to offer players?

Bale is still only 32. He could probably earn £100k a week plus at someone like PSG or Newcastle so I’m assuming LAFC are able to offer something competitive, no?

I’ve just read Pages’ comments regarding Bale and would be seriously concerned if he had signed for us.

Basically reads like he needs a club that will let him dictate when he trains and plays in order to prepare him for the World Cup.
Great player but you wouldn’t want your club to be used like that IMO

(Please nobody bore me with a Ramsey reply. Cheers x)

I don’t really know much about the MLS but, what sort of salaries are they able to offer players?

Bale is still only 32. He could probably earn £100k a week plus at someone like PSG or Newcastle so I’m assuming LAFC are able to offer something competitive, no?
No idea what the conversion rate is, and can’t be bothered googling, but Insigne is the highest paid player in the league on about €12m a year.

Average base salary for a non designated player is $438,728 and he is supposedly not taking up a designated player slot.

The MLS have a lot of rules around the salaries and squads: https://www.mlssoccer.com/about/roster-rules-and-regulations

Does anyone watch the MLS? What’s the standard of the league like?

Will he go over there and stand out like a adult playing against kids? You would think he’s still got a lot to offer and could probably have got a move to another good European team.

Really surprised he never came to help us win 56 B-)

Money talks
But it can’t sing and dance and it don’t talk, to quote our old pal Neil Diamond!

But you’re bang on GJB. I honestly thought he was so rich he‘d decide to have a try at Cardiff since he’s always going on about Wales. Easy life I suppose.

Jonny Russell makes $38k a week and Ryan Gauld makes $40k a week.

Will he go over there and stand out like a adult playing against kids? You would think he’s still got a lot to offer and could probably have got a move to another good European team.

Similar to the Eredivisie without Ajax, Feyenoord & PSV. Plenty of goals, poor defending.

But unlike in Holland, none one will come up from that League to play on a higher level in Europe.

The MLS is improving, and probably not far short of Premiership level outside of us and them. As I discovered last week, it’s more expensive to buy the cheapest ticket for an MLS game $33 than most tickets to see the Europa Cup finalists in a league game £25. Bale won’t be the last player earning substantially more in MLS than in Scotland. Sadly we are being left further behind every year.

Point proven. He could of hit even higher but hes not a football man. Just a money man and a prick. Hes already a rich man and could be playing for his local still on decent enough money. Proves what he is

I watch it occasionally.

Not a great standard, usually entertaining in some capacity though. Watched a game the other day actually, which was pish due to a sending off basically making it a kick about.

Hyndman was playing.

A have a few American friends who don’t even bother with it, ones a Rangers fan and a couple of others support EPL teams (due to family).

Back