The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not rate him at all, his mistakes in key games are always costly and he was eminently replaceable.

"He talks a lot during games". Yeah, he also passes to the opposition strikers a lot, can't cut out a single low cross and gets to be a liability for the next 4 years whilst everyone says "how grateful" we should be because he chose to stay.

I'll break out the champagne. Time for a celebration.
Don't be a silly sausage.

I do not rate him at all, his mistakes in key games are always costly and he was eminently replaceable.

"He talks a lot during games". Yeah, he also passes to the opposition strikers a lot, can't cut out a single low cross and gets to be a liability for the next 4 years whilst everyone says "how grateful" we should be because he chose to stay.

Hahahahahah wooooosh

We really can't go into next season with the same squad and Souttar. It's stale and has been for 18 months.

Look at the bounce the team got from Jack coming in last year. Turned around out form in February and we started playing decent stuff for the first time all season. You constantly need to update players, shift some on etc.

Gio saying he wanted his business done early was stupid. Just leaves everyone open to criticism.

For
Make of this what you will, but I have it on good authority - multiple reliable sources, and one at the club - that Rooney is interested in taking on a player/striking coach role...At another club.

Coming onto this thread is like doing acid in the jungle...you see lots of crazy shit, it makes you excited, nervous and downright terrified all at the same time, and then when you come out of it, you can't remember anything you've seen and whether it was real or a fever dream. Every day.

When should we start worrying about lack of movement?
For me normally about three days mate then I try some prunes before anything else

I’m gonna put a suggestion of a player I liked that played for that shower of poo from Prague.

Lukas Provod. I liked him a lot…huge energy & good left foot with with an eye for goal. I think he would bring our midfield another level.

Going by his stats I don’t think he played much last season. Maybe he was injured.
Problem with suggestion is someone sees this talk 2 pages on and it’s no longer one .

What a mental take.

Surely things pick up this week ahead of the training camp starting in a weeks time.

I get there is 2 months remaining of the window but the longer it goes on the more likely it is we are missing out on main targets

Fucking clueless hahaha

Surely things pick up this week ahead of the training camp starting in a weeks time.

I get there is 2 months remaining of the window but the longer it goes on the more likely it is we are missing out on main targets
What we do in the run up to Portugal is crucial if we haven't addressed our key positions then questions need to be asked.

Hopefully things pick up next week.

You honestly think it's possible we won't be signing anyone? I don't know about main targets, but we will be signing players we think are good enough; whether they are or not is up to them.

If we were targetting players I've been impressed with against us who would possibly be interested in joining us, Provod, Katai and Ivanic would be my top 3. We could probably buy them with any funds raised from Aribo, and Katai would score shitloads in Scotland.
The problem with Katai is his age, he'll turn 32 half way through the season but he impressed me too.

We really can't go into next season with the same squad and Souttar. It's stale and has been for 18 months.

Look at the bounce the team got from Jack coming in last year. Turned around out form in February and we started playing decent stuff for the first time all season. You constantly need to update players, shift some on etc.

Gio saying he wanted his business done early was stupid. Just leaves everyone open to criticism.
Not as stupid as thinking we are going into season with same squad plus Souttar.
There will be negotiations going on. We don't need a step by step update in what's happening. Let the management team do their thing. It isn't a popularity contest whereby a name is mentioned and folk watch YouTube and hold a poll to decide whether said player should be signed.
Folk need to calm down and be patient.

25k + posts of absolute nonsense and you've still managed to look like the biggest clown. Impressive

Not as stupid as thinking we are going into season with same squad plus Souttar.
There will be negotiations going on. We don't need a step by step update in what's happening. Let the management team do their thing. It isn't a popularity contest whereby a name is mentioned and folk watch YouTube and hold a poll to decide whether said player should be signed.
Folk need to calm down and be patient.
I am calm and patient, I'm explaining why some people aren't. The squad needs a shake up and Gio has said he wants to get his business done early to give him maximum time to prepare for Europe.

Well here we are at the start of pre-season and all we've done this window is sign the ageing guys and Goldson again. It's not exactly what people were hoping for and I'm pretty sure not what Gio meant either. So he's set a target in people's heads that hasn't been achieved, or if it has is a bit shit.

What was the case for keeping him, seriously?

We had his replacement signed.

This club has a serious fucking issue with letting people go.

With the best will in the world, the fact you think John Souttar is a like for like replacement for Connor Goldson speaks volumes for your judgement.

Goldson drops the odd clanger like everyone else (the lack of clearance in the EL final being chief amongst them) but over his time he has been remarkably consistent and an excellent signing, and I’m delighted he is staying.

Souttar has everything to prove with us, not least being available for selection for most of the season.

Do you remember two time treble winner Lorenzo Amoruso?

What about Craig Moore?

The legendary Richard Gough?

They all made just as many if not more mistakes than Goldson.

I am calm and patient, I'm explaining why some people aren't. The squad needs a shake up and Gio has said he wants to get his business done early to give him maximum time to prepare for Europe.

Well here we are at the start of pre-season and all we've done this window is sign the ageing guys and Goldson again. It's not exactly what people were hoping for and I'm pretty sure not what Gio meant either. So he's set a target in people's heads that hasn't been achieved, or if it has is a bit shit.
Calm and patient yet then continue to write the rest of your post...haha.
If Gio didn't want the 'aging guys" then they wouldn't have been offered an extension.
Early doesn't mean every bit of business done by start of ore season. We are aporox 5 weeks away from our 1st competitive game. Plenty of time to bed in a few signings.

Do you remember two time treble winner Lorenzo Amoruso?

What about Craig Moore?

The legendary Richard Gough?

They all made just as many if not more mistakes than Goldson.
I was watching Rangers v Kiev last night(because of a post saying it was the best ever atmosphere), we won it, but there was mistakes all over that team at the time. It happens, even to those we look back on as the best.

Not sure why so many posters are getting excited about the lack of transfer business. Its early doors, players, agents and club officials have been on holiday and there has been hardly any business happening in the transfer market. Expect things to start heating up next week.

There is a reply underneath that has the full message it's not a link or anything it's just about the disappointment people are feeling with the fan media side of things
Thanks mate read it. Basically he seems to be hinting that Aribo is away. Sole destroying for me as I love the guy as a player, but if it’s true then we need to take the money. Sadly it’s the same for any player with just 1 year left- any bids over £10 million will almost certainly be accepted rather than let them run down the contracts.

Personally I had hoped Joe, Ryan and Alfredo would all be committed until 2026.

Goldson does have a howler in him once or twice a season but so does pretty much every defender in the world.

On the whole the guy is as close to a guaranteed successful signing as you can get. He's literally never injured, he knows the league, he hates that lot and he's a very good center half who makes the players next to him better (see Bassey with Balogun compared to Bassey with Goldson). Extending his contract was a tremendous bit of business.

I think we're all frustrated about the lack of movement in and out but there's %^*& all we can do about it.

Calm and patient yet then continue to write the rest of your post...haha.
If Gio didn't want the 'aging guys" then they wouldn't have been offered an extension.
Early doesn't mean every bit of business done by start of ore season. We are aporox 5 weeks away from our 1st competitive game. Plenty of time to bed in a few signings.
I didn't set the targets in people's heads though did I?

If you're happy with the start to the summer then bully for you. I'm still scarred by how poorly prepared we were going in to last season and it's got me worried.

Goldson does have a howler in him once or twice a season but so does pretty much every defender in the world.

On the whole the guy is as close to a guaranteed successful signing as you can get. He's literally never injured, he knows the league, he hates that lot and he's a very good center half who makes the players next to him better (see Bassey with Balogun compared to Bassey with Goldson). Extending his contract was a tremendous bit of business.

I think we're all frustrated about the lack of movement in and out but there's %^*& all we can do about it.

I don't think there is a central defender out there who doesn't make mistakes that cost a few goals every season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back