The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't set the targets in people's heads though did I?

If you're happy with the start to the summer then bully for you. I'm still scarred by how poorly prepared we were going in to last season and it's got me worried.
Did Gio say the target was to have all new signings in by pre season? No that's your interpretation, you have set that target in your head.
Aye last season turned out to be shite. Who can forget Thursday nights at Ibrox.
We were a couple of goals away from winning the league. (Draws into wins by not conceding late on.)
I know it's if your auntie had baws etc but I'm calm and willing to let those in charge do their job.

We have never signed players this early in the window.

Last season we signed JL in mid July.

The season before we signed Roofe / Itten in August.

We have a settled team and the players we are looking at will likely demand fees.

We might hear something the week after next but can’t see why there will be anything concrete until at least mid July going by every transfer window in the past.

The club will have been looking at a list of targets since last year and will have an exact plan.

People need to chill out

Thanks mate read it. Basically he seems to be hinting that Aribo is away. Sole destroying for me as I love the guy as a player, but if it’s true then we need to take the money. Sadly it’s the same for any player with just 1 year left- any bids over £10 million will almost certainly be accepted rather than let them run down the contracts.

Personally I had hoped Joe, Ryan and Alfredo would all be committed until 2026.
Ideally they'd sign extensions so at least we can get more money in at least however we can only hope the £10m+ is put to good use

We have a settled team and the players we are looking at will likely demand fees.

We might hear something the week after next but can’t see why there will be anything concrete until at least mid July going by every transfer window in the past.

The club will have been looking at a list of targets since last year and will have an exact plan.

People need to chill out
We signed Sakala early May

People need to chill out

Gerrard had five signed by this point in 2018 - Arfield, McGregor, Goldson, Katic and Flanagan

In 2019 he had Stewart, Ojo, Edmundson and Hastie signed.

People need to chill out
^^ this ^^ in all probability we will have players lined up ready to sign, we could have already spoken to players /agents and are waiting till players have had holidays and time with their families, I can't see Gio not exploiting the Dutch Market for players he knows and trusts he will want to put his stamp on the team, I think we will sign at least 3 first team starters and will already have them in the bag.

The fact we're not really being seriously linked with anyone bar Colak hopefully suggests we are getting our players tied down to new contracts like Morelos and Kent, selling Aribo then going from there. Would be a good start to get a decent price for Aribo then getting new signings tied up.

Selling one starter to fund three new starters isn't bad.

Hopefully

Worth a risk at that money.
Rangers are pondering whether to make a second bid for Antonio Colak after having an initial offer rejected by PAOK for the £2m-rated striker. (Football Scotland)

The fact we're not really being seriously linked with anyone bar Colak hopefully suggests we are getting our players tied down to new contracts like Morelos and Kent, selling Aribo then going from there. Would be a good start to get a decent price for Aribo then getting new signings tied up.

Hopefully
Or we don’t have much to work with until we sell players

Hopefully
Maybe it's asking too much, but contract business should have been done last summer. Even during the season when Gio was still running the rule on them, we should have looked to get them on longer contracts even if he knew he'd want to sell them just to protect our assets and maximise money.

Just feels like we have left it all last minute when it could have been known if Aribo etc were leaving months ago rather than waiting until halfway through the window.

Do you remember two time treble winner Lorenzo Amoruso?

What about Craig Moore?

The legendary Richard Gough?

They all made just as many if not more mistakes than Goldson.
All 3 were better than Goldson the guy is still obviously raging about Goldson's mistake in the Europa final personally I'm glad he's signed a new contract

I do not rate him at all, his mistakes in key games are always costly and he was eminently replaceable.

"He talks a lot during games". Yeah, he also passes to the opposition strikers a lot, can't cut out a single low cross and gets to be a liability for the next 4 years whilst everyone says "how grateful" we should be because he chose to stay.

I'll break out the champagne. Time for a celebration.
This is why this thread is THE best thing on the internet this summer.

I do not rate him at all, his mistakes in key games are always costly and he was eminently replaceable.

"He talks a lot during games". Yeah, he also passes to the opposition strikers a lot, can't cut out a single low cross and gets to be a liability for the next 4 years whilst everyone says "how grateful" we should be because he chose to stay.

I'll break out the champagne. Time for a celebration.

You're mental.

Gerrard had five signed by this point in 2018 - Arfield, McGregor, Goldson, Katic and Flanagan

In 2019 he had Stewart, Ojo, Edmundson and Hastie signed.
"Aye but see when you ignore all the early signings we have made there is a trend of never doing transfer work early"

*Ignores Souttar*

Maybe it's asking too much, but contract business should have been done last summer. Even during the season when Gio was still running the rule on them, we should have looked to get them on longer contracts even if he knew he'd want to sell them just to protect our assets and maximise money.

Just feels like we have left it all last minute when it could have been known if Aribo etc were leaving months ago rather than waiting until halfway through the window.
The contracts should have been dealt with throughout last season instead they used the "focusing on the games" line just seemed like an excuse from Ross Wilson and his team to be unproductive

Could have been Johnly Yfeko as I didn't get much sight of him, but if it wasn't...looks like another young lad up for trials/signing/talks/whatever, accompanied by 2 older gents, presume family/agent.

All being chaperoned last night by someone in the club blue suit & tie in an establishment often used by the club.

With a nod to previous transfers I didn't recognise his ears or see a borrowed white Bentley driven by Davie Weir...

Sorry it's not much, but it's all I've got.....!

Could have been Johnly Yfeko as I didn't get much sight of him, but if it wasn't...looks like another young lad up for trials/signing/talks/whatever, accompanied by 2 older gents, presume family/agent.

All being chaperoned last night by someone in the club blue suit & tie in an establishment often used by the club.

With a nod to previous transfers I didn't recognise his ears or see a borrowed white Bentley driven by Davie Weir...

What’s this?

We have a rumour!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back