The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t it be great if we announced 3/4 in a row. Have them all lined up with the new strip and scarfs.

For what it’s worth I think this week ahead will see massive movements in and out.
I seriously think your grasping at straws.

We are waiting to see who we sell before buying anyone much.

I can see us getting Colac potential Amad back and then waiting on our going’s before bringing anyone else in.

Out of Aribo Kent and Alfie I expect maybe Kent to extend but wouldn’t surprise me if all 3 went.

I can see us getting Colac potential Amad back and then waiting on our going’s before bringing anyone else in.

Out of Aribo Kent and Alfie I expect maybe Kent to extend but wouldn’t surprise me if all 3 went.

Amad back, first I’ve heard that

Just seems a bit strange that we would sell our 3rd pick striker then spend more money than we brought in on his replacement. £2.5m or so a player who might only start between 5-10 games a season?

Just think that money could have been better spent bringing in an immediate RW starter as it looks like we don't have any big amounts of money to spend this summer.

Until Roofe is sold spending that kind of money on a squad player seems a bit bizarre.
maybe Roofe and Alfredo might not be fit for start of season ?

I genuinely don’t think we would sell all 3.

I think it would be to much of an upheaval. Personally I agree that Kent seems most likely, but I think Alfie could well also extend.

Seems inevitable Aribo will be sold though.

I think he’s more likely to be our second choice as Roofe is not reliable.

If we had paid a few million for a striker in January which we badly needed we may have been both League and European champions.

We need at least 2 strikers without fitness issues. Morelos was also run in to the Ground.
good point
and would have scored in the penalty shootout
i can only dream

I don’t see why they’d be inclined to send him back given how little he featured.

And given how he was largely underwhelming, inspite of some revisionist views on here in dead rubber May games, I don’t see why we’d be inclined to want him back
Tbh the boy has Talent and his work rate and tracking back massively improved in his time with us.

I would take him back for 12 months but that’s purely my opinion.

I can see kamara and Aribo leaving and thats it
kent and Alfredo extending their contracts
just my opinion

Amad Diallo is worth having back, even if he won't feature much.

The kid has loads of social media followers and almost a cult following across the world, people that want to watch him and buy kits with his name on it.

Even if we don't capitalise using him on the pitch, he will grow us in terms of audience as well.

That lot have signed a few Japanese players, even if they were shit - the Japanese lap it up and they've done well in shirt sales in Asia off of it.

Sometimes a signing is also about growing your own brand, could probably include Ramsey in that too - didn't work out too well, but we had a lot more eyes on us.

I genuinely don’t think we would sell all 3.

I think it would be to much of an upheaval. Personally I agree that Kent seems most likely, but I think Alfie could well also extend.

Seems inevitable Aribo will be sold though.
I am pretty sure at least 2 of the 3 will go as long as we get a decent amount of money for them.

For me Alfie is the hardest to replace.

I think it's frustration more than anything and a recognition that we saw the same last year.

Players who should have gone given new contracts. A lack of movement. Clear signing options for problem areas ending up at the other side of the city.

Say what you want about our European run last season, but we were one goal to the good in a final, we didn't defend it and the two people at fault for the goal were given new contracts and an expectation that they will remain in the first eleven. That is where the unease is coming from.

On the macro level, we were promised a "player trading" model with homegrown talents coming to the forefront as talents with medals go to better pastures. That has not happened at all and it's not like these lads are not ready. On the micro level it's worse, McCrorie had a clean sheet against them last season. McGregor cost us the points that lost the league, specifically against them but there are far more egregious examples.

We have a group of youngsters that can go to Tynecastle and stroll it, but we know that Goldson & McGregor will play the role of chuckle brothers at the back for the next year and we'll drop points at Tynecastle because of it.

It's hard to have patience when one thing is said and the complete opposite is happening.
Is there anything you do actually like about our club?

I don’t see why they’d be inclined to send him back given how little he featured.

And given how he was largely underwhelming, inspite of some revisionist views on here in dead rubber May games, I don’t see why we’d be inclined to want him back
He played well in SC final imo. A loan from EPL academy needs to be start of season from now on to give the boys a pre season with 1st team.
Throwing a boy into a mid season title race does no 1 any good. Hopefully a lesson learned. I wouldn't say no to him as I thought he was getting up to speed just as games were running out.

Worth a risk at that money.
Rangers are pondering whether to make a second bid for Antonio Colak after having an initial offer rejected by PAOK for the £2m-rated striker. (Football Scotland)
Totally agree. Far less of a gamble than Grezda for example was at similar money.

If we’re serious about regaining the title we need a more sound transfer policy than bringing in guys who flattered to deceive last year, based on some notion that they suddenly “get Rangers pressures”
I know what your saying mate but loans half way thru a season very rarely work.
A loan at the start of the season is a different ball game imo.

The kid has loads of social media followers and almost a cult following across the world, people that want to watch him and buy kits with his name on it.

Even if we don't capitalise using him on the pitch, he will grow us in terms of audience as well.

That lot have signed a few Japanese players, even if they were shit - the Japanese lap it up and they've done well in shirt sales in Asia off of it.

Sometimes a signing is also about growing your own brand, could probably include Ramsey in that too - didn't work out too well, but we had a lot more eyes on us.
Fuckin hell.

I can see kamara and Aribo leaving and thats it
kent and Alfredo extending their contracts
just my opinion
Tbh I'd be 'happy' with that, as we're going to have to sell to buy regardless unfortunately and if that means we're able to hang onto everyone else that might be worth it in the bigger picture.

I would hope for the guts of 25 million for those two though, and the majority of that reinvested in the team with some quality brought in.

He played well in SC final imo. A loan from EPL academy needs to be start of season from now on to give the boys a pre season with 1st team.
Throwing a boy into a mid season title race does no 1 any good. Hopefully a lesson learned. I wouldn't say no to him as I thought he was getting up to speed just as gales were running out.

I’m not saying there weren’t flashes from him now and again. I get he’s young and a mid season loan has its challenges.

But still, to say he’d be much use to us this season based on that is pure conjecture.

There’s not enough to ‘go off’ to suggest that Diallo would be much of an asset to us. We have to be looking to actively strengthen

Worth a risk at that money.
Rangers are pondering whether to make a second bid for Antonio Colak after having an initial offer rejected by PAOK for the £2m-rated striker. (Football Scotland)

We need a striker so I'd have no objection to us paying £2m or so for one. Colak is an experienced option or we could go for a young player such as Dallinga who might develop.

We should get Britney Spears in as a brand ambassador too. Got loads of followers and probably looking for work.

That'll put the young team that skelped Hearts put back in their box then in a dead rubber

The problem with Katai is his age, he'll turn 32 half way through the season but he impressed me too.
I reckon his wife's social media faux pas would cause him (and us) too much hassle in Scotland too - you know that mob are desperate to have us painted as racists

:) :)
Thank **** am away to get smashed today to get a break from obsessing over this thread.

Belter mate :)

The Japanese signings have had minimal commercial impact in Japan.

When we start signing players on the strength of their social media status, then the game is well and truly up.

Other than a mild suggestion from Hutton, has there been any other link to a Diallo return?

Nobody has mentioned Lewis Ferguson in any context for a while so let's sort that out.

Alex Rae thinks Lewis Ferguson would be a good replacement for Joe Aribo...
In domestic football he would make sense, think he would step up like Ryan Jack has probably score more goals though. Not a very popular view though

Aye forget the league etc, we’re trending on TikTok

Had diallo done anything in terms of games,training etc when he was sent to us. Would be interested to see him full preseason and then into the season. Now i know people are gonna fire maguire at me here but man u paying 37 mil for him is a hell of a gamble of a player.

Kent would be the only one I'd keep in the modern game you need pace and work rate he has that in abundance even when having a bad game.
But if he doesn't sign I would sell him rather than let his contract run down and leave for nothing.

dog-pool.gif

I'd want him on that commando training for a month. Boy has skills but needs toughened up mentally and physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back