The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kent would be the only one I'd keep in the modern game you need pace and work rate he has that in abundance even when having a bad game.
But if he doesn't sign I would sell him rather than let his contract run down and leave for nothing.
Out of the 3 you’d only want to keep Ryan Kent?

Nobody has mentioned Lewis Ferguson in any context for a while so let's sort that out.

Alex Rae thinks Lewis Ferguson would be a good replacement for Joe Aribo...

Ferguson's not the same type of player as Joe and I'm not sure that's what Alex was saying. Ferguson would probably be a decent signing on a free or cheap but I wouldn't pay the money his club are liable to want.

Kent would be the only one I'd keep in the modern game you need pace and work rate he has that in abundance even when having a bad game.
But if he doesn't sign I would sell him rather than let his contract run down and leave for nothing.
Despite his off days and irrational finishing he's proved he's a game changer at a very high level with his pace and quick feet. Also works his socks off.

I am not so worried about lack of news I take this as a good thing as it means nobody has a clue what transfer business is in the pipeline .

In years gone past we were linked with everybody and his granny .

The speculation on leaving is natural among us plus the normal miss selling of our assets by the media .

The truth is we don't know
The media don't know( shit anyway )

I am sure gio and wilson know whats going on .

We need a striker so I'd have no objection to us paying £2m or so for one. Colak is an experienced option or we could go for a young player such as Dallinga who might develop.
Reality is we probably need a striker ready to lead the line in the CL qualifiers.
Roofe and Alfie might not be firing by then so it's important to have an experienced 'just in case' in the door. That's probably Colak. Dallinga might be a project option if someone else leaves.

JS55979226.jpg

That angle makes them look like the fans who think the smaller size from Castore will be fine :))

Amad Diallo is worth having back, even if he won't feature much.

The kid has loads of social media followers and almost a cult following across the world, people that want to watch him and buy kits with his name on it.

Even if we don't capitalise using him on the pitch, he will grow us in terms of audience as well.

That lot have signed a few Japanese players, even if they were shit - the Japanese lap it up and they've done well in shirt sales in Asia off of it.

Sometimes a signing is also about growing your own brand, could probably include Ramsey in that too - didn't work out too well, but we had a lot more eyes on us.
How well have they done in shirt sales?

How well have they done in shirt sales?
Don't recall the figures, I think it was being spoken about on SSB.

They did also mention though that they've had Asian players over the years so already had a base selling point.

But anything that continues our growth and retail sales helps.

Obviously first and foremost you want a good footballer, but there are bonuses if that player already had a cult following, or are highly thought of in certain countries etc.

Countries that really support and back individuals and buy their merch whatever team they go to, are key as well.

We’ve just received £1.6m for Itten. Defoe was also let go in Jan. We need 3/4 strikers
Why are you still here Joe? After that dick swinging exercise the other day from various fan media sources, that whipped this place up into a frenzy, I thought you'd be gone by now. Your departure was imminent

You joke, but you'd probably get more money doing well on tiktok than you do for winning the Scottish Prem.

Brand exposure and growth comes into it when signing players, if you think it doesn't, give yer head a wobble.
I would rather win the premier league, is that not why we exist,to win silverware? Tiktok:oops:

Schools haven’t even stopped for the summer yet!
Ah the days when you would find out about a signing by reading about it in the paper 2 days later when in Spain on your holidays during the Glasgow fair. Or watching the 10.30pm news on STV.
Glasgow and Lanarkshire have

I think most folk on here are expecting far too much if Lowry.

I don't think we are, this boy has potential to be a fantastic footballer. If you want to play at that top level you need to have the skill but as well as that you need to have the arrogance and belief to match that skill because how's you make it at top clubs instead of a mid table or relegation struggling team.

Amad Diallo is worth having back, even if he won't feature much.

The kid has loads of social media followers and almost a cult following across the world, people that want to watch him and buy kits with his name on it.

Even if we don't capitalise using him on the pitch, he will grow us in terms of audience as well.

That lot have signed a few Japanese players, even if they were shit - the Japanese lap it up and they've done well in shirt sales in Asia off of it.

Sometimes a signing is also about growing your own brand, could probably include Ramsey in that too - didn't work out too well, but we had a lot more eyes on us.
Do the Instagram champions qualify directly for the Champions League?

Don't recall the figures, I think it was being spoken about on SSB.

They did also mention though that they've had Asian players over the years so already had a base selling point.

But anything that continues our growth and retail sales helps.

Obviously first and foremost you want a good footballer, but there are bonuses if that player already had a cult following, or are highly thought of in certain countries etc.

Countries that really support and back individuals and buy their merch whatever team they go to, are key as well.
SSB told us they were going on a tour of Japan as well.

Huge numbers over there

I think Lowrey will play mostly out wider until he bulks up a bit. He has the potential to be fantastic and he’s one I’m most excited to see progress.

My hope for this window is just quality over quantity. We need this league.

I seen your posts yesterday about Souttar. You are miles off it and he’ll be in the starting 11 with Goldson next season.
In respect of Souttar I hope you are right, because that would mean his injury issues being behind him. Personally i just don’t see it being the case. Only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back