Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be that guy but is anyone else finding the audio pretty weak.

Seems to be getting drowned out by the background noise & is a little bit static.

Not unless you have a VPN on your tv - which I doubt.

Even worse, accessing on your phone with the VPN on and trying to cast likely won’t work either as the VPN goes off when you cast.

You need to try screen mirroring rather than casting. Your tv likely has Miracast built in which should pick up your phone screen. Might work, might not.

If necessary Google screen mirroring for whatever phone you have.
Cheers mate many thanks, spot on, followed your advice and got the game, it definitely would've been a sair one to miss.

Many thanks for your help, it was much appreciated :))

Is anybody using an Apple TV to watch the County game? Just wondering what the most reliable way of airplay-ing it to the ATV is?

Last edited:
Is anybody using an Apple TV to watch this? Just wondering what the most reliable way of airplay-ing it to the ATV is?
Assume you mean the Ross County match tonight?

I don't have AirPlay, however, worth bearing in mind that unless shown live on Sky or at 1500hrs on a Saturday, Ibrox matches for this season do NOT require the use of a VPN. It was the VPN that was always the stumbling block IIRC.

Maybe check it out just using one of the videos on RangersTV to see if it works.

Assume you mean the Ross County match tonight?

I don't have AirPlay, however, worth bearing in mind that unless shown live on Sky or at 1500hrs on a Saturday, Ibrox matches for this season do NOT require the use of a VPN. It was the VPN that was always the stumbling block IIRC.

Maybe check it out just using one of the videos on RangersTV to see if it works.

Yes, apologies, its the County game.

I just couldn't remember if the app or web browser took advantage of the Airplay API or if screen mirroring was the only option. Good idea about checking it in advance.

Yes, apologies, its the County game.

I just couldn't remember if the app or web browser took advantage of the Airplay API or if screen mirroring was the only option. Good idea about checking it in advance.
I hate the App but it looks the best way to deal with Airplay. There's a small icon in top left of video screen. Tap that and it asks if you want to AirPlay.

If you're not sure on using airplay the basics are here:

I'm not getting option to buy on RTV app or Rangers app!
As per the OP ;) - you cannot buy on the App because then Apple/Google take a 25% slice. Have to make your purchase via the website mate.:)

Game is there to buy if you use the website. Good Luck - and enjoy. Can still view it via the App, though I'd recommend the website as providing a better experience.

VB, any reason I should be offered the option to buy 3 day unlimited, monthly standard, monthly unlimited and monthly standard when I clicked on the "Ranger FC Join the action" link and I bought a Monthly unlimited pass last week?

To me it looks like I'm not signed in, how can I verify that, please?

VB, any reason I should be offered the option to buy 3 day unlimited, monthly standard, monthly unlimited and monthly standard when I clicked on the "Ranger FC Join the action" link and I bought a Monthly unlimited pass last week?

To me it looks like I'm not signed in, how can I verify that, please?
Assuming you are on the website rather than the App, just go to the page below and click on the wee man icon in the top right. That will bring up the login page. Enter your login credentials and you will be logged in.

To check your purchase of the Monthly Unlimited subscription at £24 went through OK, then click on the wee man icon again (which will now have three diagonal stripes behind it) and, from the drop down menu, select 'RTV Account'. At the top will be Billing Details with your credit card shown and under that 'Active Subscriptions' . It will show your Monthly Unlimited subscription and the date it is next due to be debited (it will be a monthly rolling subscription, need to cancel if you only want 1 month). Click the back button on your browser to return to Home Page and then logout until ready to view match.

Assuming you are on the website rather than the App, just go to the page below and click on the wee man icon in the top right. That will bring up the login page. Enter your login credentials and you will be logged in.

To check your purchase of the Monthly Unlimited subscription at £24 went through OK, then click on the wee man icon again (which will now have three diagonal stripes behind it) and, from the drop down menu, select 'RTV Account'. At the top will be Billing Details with your credit card shown and under that 'Active Subscriptions' . It will show your Monthly Unlimited subscription and the date it is next due to be debited (it will be a monthly rolling subscription, need to cancel if you only want 1 month). Click the back button on your browser to return to Home Page and then logout until ready to view match.

Thanks, VB. Done that but I'm still not seeing anything like "Watch live tonight" or "Listen live tonight". Is that correct, tonight's game is shown but there is nothing to indicate anything else?

Thanks, VB. Done that but I'm still not seeing anything like "Watch live tonight" or "Listen live tonight". Is that correct, tonight's game is shown but there is nothing to indicate anything else?
I'm with you now. You are way too early. A yellow Watch Live button will appear next to the match (above where it currently says Subscribe) nearer kick-off time mate.

I'm not getting any audio even though I've clicked on unmute?
Internet on Firestick. First time I've had this.
Edit. It's the firestick not Rtv that's the problem.
Had my earpods in my pocket. Was connected on Bluetooth :))

Last edited:
I have done everything suggested but when I click subscribe I am only getting the option to buy monthly for £6…I allready do this and it is suggested if I subscribe to this again I will be charged further. It isn’t giving me the option to buy one game or 3 games.

Been so long since I did this, have subscribed and bought the 3 day package but not seeing a watch live button or anything yet, is it too early or have I done it wrong?

I have done everything suggested but when I click subscribe I am only getting the option to buy monthly for £6…I allready do this and it is suggested if I subscribe to this again I will be charged further. It isn’t giving me the option to buy one game or 3 games.
Not getting the option to buy a three day pass now? VPN on and working well.
Try logging out, clear cache/cookies and try again. Also make sure you're on the website and not the App.

Been so long since I did this, have subscribed and bought the 3 day package but not seeing a watch live button or anything yet, is it too early or have I done it wrong?
Watch Live button there now.

A word of warning for those on Nord. I got a warning from NordSec about the RangersTV website certificate. On the assumption that it's simply out of date I clicked on Advanced Options and then unblocked it until restart and all is good.

Have to go out now, back in time for game. Sorry.

Last edited:
Try logging out, clear cache/cookies and try again. Also make sure you're on the website and not the App.

A word of warning for those on Nord. I got a warning from NordSec about the RangersTV website certificate. On the assumption that it's simply out of date I clicked on Advanced Options and then unblocked it until restart and all is good.

All sorted and watching now :)

I'm struggling to get this. Bought the 3 day thing for Wednesday. Tried logging in and it says unauthorised country.
I've cleared my cache,cookies, logged out of nord, tried different countries.

I'm struggling to get this. Bought the 3 day thing for Wednesday. Tried logging in and it says unauthorised country.
Know it sounds ridiculous, but that sounds more like a case of having to try 15-20 countries until you get it. You managed to see the 3-day pass, so that means the VPN works and your cache isn't keeping you as being in the UK. "Unauthorised country" in the player itself means you just need to keep going until one works,

Failing that, could potentially also be the issue ValleyBluenose mentioned a few posts above

Try selecting a different country on your VPN mate. Sounds like its definitely a VPN thing.

A heads up for next season. If you are on MyGers and subscribe for the annual full subscription you receive 40 points. Plus, all new subscriptions for a MyGers annual RTV receive a 10 per cent discount. However, if you buy 3 day packages, no points are added during the season. Makes sense for the annual subscription.

I did that, the VPN on my firestick just wasn't playing ball. Got it on my phone first time but can't cast that to the TV when a VPN is on.
With the Fire TV Stick, when I've used it, I've found I need to switch on the VPN before I even open Silk Browser and go to RangersTV. You may have done that, of course.

Maybe for next season, when you run into problems casting with the VPN on then Google 'screen mirroring' for your device and try that instead. Seems to get around the 'cast with a VPN' thing'.

Hey, are you able to see the replay/as live listed on RangersTV today? I was out yesterday so planned to watch it this afternoon. So far have avoided any info on the actual game! From memory it was usually available later in the evening but still nothing for me today. (International sub, VPN'ing... tried the usual deletion of cookies, etc and also tried a different device)

Wondering if it's specific to what I'm doing or if it's everyone.

Hey, are you able to see the replay/as live listed on RangersTV today? I was out yesterday so planned to watch it this afternoon. So far have avoided any info on the actual game! From memory it was usually available later in the evening but still nothing for me today. (International sub, VPN'ing... tried the usual deletion of cookies, etc and also tried a different device)

Wondering if it's specific to what I'm doing or if it's everyone.
Nope mate. Was a thread on it from the overseas guys last night. Usually available, albeit it shitty 480p, from around midnight. There's a 90 in 90 and the goals but no highlights or full match. Seems it took a while for Wednesdays game as well. Looks like they are focussing on uploading Seville content.

Nope mate. Was a thread on it from the overseas guys last night. Usually available, albeit it shitty 480p, from around midnight. There's a 90 in 90 and the goals but no highlights or full match. Seems it took a while for Wednesdays game as well. Looks like they are focussing on uploading Seville content.
Thanks for checking. At least it isn't just me and is just a waiting game.

Anyone else’s RTV playing up today (VPN users only)?
Hate having to listen to BBC
I have the laptop hooked up to tv today and it’s been fine. Sound isn’t great but reading other posts I think that’s maybe a host broadcaster issue.

Reactions: BWO
I bought the Rangers TV annual subscription yesterday for myself and my son. How do I link our accounts to our MyGers numbers please, so we each get the 40 points?

I bought the Rangers TV annual subscription yesterday for myself and my son. How do I link our accounts to our MyGers numbers please, so we each get the 40 points?
Well, firstly you will not BOTH get the points. One subscription = one set of 40 points (assuming you bought the Unlimited overseas subscription at £240) to the person named in the subscription (presumably yourself). Its 25 points for the Basic UK £60 subscription.

It used to be that there was a section of your RangersTV Account to add your Rangers Number. Its no longer there. My suspicion is that with the introduction of (partial) single login they pick it up automatically. However, points for RangersTV are added manually by the staff and can take several weeks to appear on your MyGers points.

Ideally someone who's been through the process in the last year might be able to drop in and advise on what they did.

You could always drop MyGers an email and ask, at mygers@rangers.co.uk.

Well, firstly you will not BOTH get the points. One subscription = one set of 40 points (assuming you bought the Unlimited overseas subscription at £240) to the person named in the subscription (presumably yourself). Its 25 points for the Basic UK £60 subscription.

It used to be that there was a section of your RangersTV Account to add your Rangers Number. Its no longer there. My suspicion is that with the introduction of (partial) single login they pick it up automatically. However, points for RangersTV are added manually by the staff and can take several weeks to appear on your MyGers points.

Ideally someone who's been through the process in the last year might be able to drop in and advise on what they did.

You could always drop MyGers an email and ask, at mygers@rangers.co.uk.
That was going to be my next step Valley Bluenose to email MyGers.

I bought 2 subscriptions, one under each of our email addresses so we could both get the 25 points.

Thanks.

That was going to be my next step Valley Bluenose to email MyGers.

I bought 2 subscriptions, one under each of our email addresses so we could both get the 25 points.

Thanks.
Good luck mate. As I said, I *think* they pick up on it from your purchase via your login but it takes a while to show on MyGers. I've never been able to get anyone who's bought to confirm that though.:)

If you don't mind, and if you remember, can you do us all a favour and pop back into this thread in due course and let us know how it played out for you? Would be handy for future reference. Thanks if you do.

Here's the most recent thread on the topic for info:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back