The Funeral of Davy Wilson

RSEA

Official Ticketer
The Funeral arrangements of Rangers and Scotland Legend Davy Wilson's funeral are as follows.

Family and Friends of Davy are invited to attend his funeral Service
At 3pm prompt on
Fri 1st July 2022
The service will be held at the
Hurlet Crematorium, Glasgow Rd,
Barrhead
Glasgow
G53 7TH

At the family request
Bright colours are encouraged

The cortege will pass the front doors of Ibrox Stadium at approx 2.05pm 2.15pm that same day, should fans wish to gather to pay their respects.

The family would like to thank everyone for the kindness shown to them at this sad time.

Last edited:
When you think of Davy and his team mates, those who didn’t make fortunes from transfers. They were heroes to us standing on the terracing.
They continued working in some capacity. Mine hosts, taxi driver, coaching future players and more.
My era will rhyme off Ritchie shearer etc.
Will my son do the same with Goram Stevens,
grandson just now McGregor Tavernier. MIBBE.
would walk over to Ibrox from Brigton to save pocket money.
A great player in a great team.
Rip Davy.

When you think of Davy and his team mates, those who didn’t make fortunes from transfers. They were heroes to us standing on the terracing.
They continued working in some capacity. Mine hosts, taxi driver, coaching future players and more.
My era will rhyme off Ritchie shearer etc.
Will my son do the same with Goram Stevens,
grandson just now McGregor Tavernier. MIBBE.
would walk over to Ibrox from Brigton to save pocket money.
A great player in a great team.
Rip Davy.
RITCHIE SHEARER CALDOW GRIEG MacKINNONBAXTER HENDERSON MCMILLAN MILLER BRAND AND WILSON ALSO HARRY DAVIES AND ALEX SCOTT AND A FEW OTHERS IVE FORGOTTEN my first team at Ibrox WEE davie was a favourite of mine

RITCHIE SHEARER CALDOW GRIEG MacKINNONBAXTER HENDERSON MCMILLAN MILLER BRAND AND WILSON ALSO HARRY DAVIES AND ALEX SCOTT AND A FEW OTHERS IVE FORGOTTEN my first team at Ibrox WEE davie was a favourite of mine
some one told me that they never played as that team very often, but I seem to remember that team played every home game when the teams were announced, wee Davie was the class "once a Ranger always a Ranger"

some one told me that they never played as that team very often, but I seem to remember that team played every home game when the teams were announced, wee Davie was the class "once a Ranger always a Ranger"
We shall have to ask one of the statisticians on here!but it was a team i seen quite a lot, of course there were a few others just before and after telfer davie provan etc

I remember at one time all the old black and white videos you watched seemed to be of Davie scoring at the back post, usually at Hampden.

A wee bump.

Most of those on FF today wouldn't have had the pleasure of seeing Davy Wilson strutting his stuff as a left winger in one of the most iconic sides of our 150 year history. All of you no doubt though would have heard from Fathers, Grandfathers, Uncles etc what a great player Davy was for Rangers and his love and passion for The Club that he carried on for the rest of his days.
Even though you may not have witnessed his days in a Rangers jersey, if you have a couple of hours to spare tomorrow, and travel is not too much of an issue, come and stand with us greybeards, as your forebears would have, and pay tribute to a Great Ranger on his last journey past Ibrox Stadium.

A wee bump.

Most of those on FF today wouldn't have had the pleasure of seeing Davy Wilson strutting his stuff as a left winger in one of the most iconic sides of our 150 year history. All of you no doubt though would have heard from Fathers, Grandfathers, Uncles etc what a great player Davy was for Rangers and his love and passion for The Club that he carried on for the rest of his days.
Even though you may not have witnessed his days in a Rangers jersey, if you have a couple of hours to spare tomorrow, and travel is not too much of an issue, come and stand with us greybeards, as your forebears would have, and pay tribute to a Great Ranger on his last journey past Ibrox Stadium.
Just not possible,I will be there in heart.

The Funeral arrangements of Rangers and Scotland Legend Davy Wilson's funeral are as follows.

Family and Friends of Davy are invited to attend his funeral Service
At 3pm prompt on
Fri 1st July 2022
The service will be held at the
Hurlet Crematorium, Glasgow Rd,
Barrhead
Glasgow
G53 7TH

At the family request
Bright colours are encouraged

The cortege will pass the front doors of Ibrox Stadium at approx 2.05pm 2.15pm that same day, should fans wish to gather to pay their respects.

The family would like to thank everyone for the kindness shown to them at this sad time.

Just a wee reminder for those who can make it along to Ibrox, today.

A good turn out of club staff,ex players and fans to pay their respects at Ibrox today.

Very emotional. The cortege was led along past the stadium by a lone piper. The hearse stopped outside the main entrance of Ibrox, that Davy would have passed through a thousand times, for a moments silent reflection. When the piper began playing again and the cortege moved off, the crowd broke into spontaneous applause.

RIP Davy Wilson

A real Rangers Man.

Couldn't make it to pay my respects today due to work. RIP Davie

Was looking at my old man's scrapbook recently after I heard Davie Wilson had passed away.
They played together at Baillieston Juniors so hope the two pals are reminiscing about the old days up there somewhere

scrapbook.jpg

Last edited:
Back