Players return for pre-season training

Not many players are the same after an ACL
Bad injury sure .
Some notable players to have it and recover and perform to as high or higher level than previous include Van Dijk, Van Nistelrooy, Zlatan Ibra, Roy Keen, Pires, Xavi , so no pressure on his comeback haha ! ;)

Internationals will be back for Portugal according to the photo gallery put out. A lot of the younger lads in there that featured at the end of the season.

I'm probably doing Alfredo Morelos a disservice, but pleasantly surprised to see him back working on a bike.

Had the fear he'd not turn up, holding out for a move to Seville

Positive seeing Helander with the moon boot off and on the bike wonder where he is in terms of recovery?

He’s been training to get fit all summer and was in Portugal doing work last week with our fitness coaches
Doesn't sound like he's looking for a move away then. Again, probably me stereotyping South American footballers!

Not many players are the same after an ACL
Maybe 20 years ago mate, but things have moved on a lot since then.
I had an ACL reconstruction 10 years ago and admittedly I'm shite at Football and not all that fit, but had a great surgeon and I don't feel a single issue with the knee doing any kind of sports. Footballers nowadays have the very best surgeons, with much more advanced surgical abilities and methods.

He'll be fine.

Back