Non Rangers 2022 Summer Transfer Thread

They've made some quite interesting signings, Hibs too.

Neither just signing players that have played here or are known to the manager, as SPFL teams usually do. Recruitment team obviously getting a greater say.

Interested to see how Roos, Miovski & Stewart do at the sheep, Tavares & Youan for Hibs. All very decent signings at first glance.
Didn't realise Anthony Stewart had signed for them. Reckon he'll be a v good signing for them

Not really look at the points we dropped from silly mistakes last season if we cut them out we will win the league.

And look at the points Celtic dropped, the majority in the first 6 weeks of the season as their new manager rebuilt almost a brand new starting 11. Once the players settled in they went on a long unbeaten run to the title.

Looking at them from the outside they sure are backing their manager. If the deals for the Argentinian, the Brazilian and Jota are completed it will take their spending to almost £50m since the Aussie arrived. Difference between us and them is that they have a very successful player trading model that funds this kind of player refresh we can only dream of.

Didn't say we need a clear out m8 i said we need to improve.

The difference is taking the game to teams domestically who are sitting in with ten men behind the ball. Like it or not they were better at breaking they teams down than we were. Thats where our improvement is needed. We need more attacking flair.

You aren't hinting at an attacking midfielder who can play ahead of the ball and chip in a dozen or so goals a season, the sort of player SG couldn't find during 6 tranfer windows. A glaring omission in our set up, find that player and we'll be improved immeasurably.

We need more players scoring goals particularly forwards. Kent’s return of 3 all season is embarrassing

It really is a shockingly poor return for any forward player, more so one that plays for either OF side. He is easily another 8 or 9 goals short of where he should be, these missing 8 or 9 goals could be difference between title success or not. Even EL success with that miss (we'll never know if it would have been ruled out if he had scored). Fact is, if he can't up his figures we need better. Ffs a bang average Sakala, who couldn't lace Kent's boots, scored 12 in his first season with us whilst playing majority of his time out wide.

It really is a shockingly poor return for any forward player, more so one that plays for either OF side. He is easily another 8 or 9 goals short of where he should be, these missing 8 or 9 goals could be difference between title success or not. Even EL success with that miss (we'll never know if it would have been ruled out if he had scored). Fact is, if he can't up his figures we need better. Ffs a bang average Sakala, who couldn't lace Kent's boots, scored 12 in his first season with us whilst playing majority of his time out wide.
I don't disagree on the whole but you have to consider Kents work rate, tracking back etc.
Not afraid to put in a shift........
The team.is more important than the individual

Seems a bit pricey, but Arsenal fans seem to think he walks on water.

I've always thought he was a bit ordinary, then I took my lad (MC fan) to the Etihad and saw him in person... completely changed my opinion. He scored a hattrick and honestly his movement off the ball was exceptional. Stretched the defence and pulled them all over the place.

I think in a team that gives him service and doesnt try and play decoy runs to set up wingers/midfielders he will score a good few goals.

.... Also Jack Grealish was utter shite but what a set of calves on him! :oops:

I don't disagree on the whole but you have to consider Kents work rate, tracking back etc.
Not afraid to put in a shift........
The team.is more important than the individual

I don't disagree with your comments either, his overall work rate is the reason that when he is playing poorly no one could ever call him a lazy b. However a 3 goals return for last season is still abysmal.

Zaniolo is pissing off the Roma board and are close to selling him to Juventus and buying Aouor.

Inter having some big issues, they need to sell and PSG are now stalling and trying to add players (Draxler at the moment) to lower the cash value of the Skriniar deal. Vidal and Alexis both have declined pay offs and offers from other clubs.

I see Cech has chucked it at Chelsea. Looks like the new owners getting their own guys in.

Incidentally I see people now using the Non Rangers transfer threads to start talking about Rangers transfers!! Sshhh, you will get this one chopped as well.

Zaniolo is pissing off the Roma board and are close to selling him to Juventus and buying Aouor.

Inter having some big issues, they need to sell and PSG are now stalling and trying to add players (Draxler at the moment) to lower the cash value of the Skriniar deal. Vidal and Alexis both have declined pay offs and offers from other clubs.

Seen that this morning but didn't have a chance to read the article. Is it due to him stalling on a contract or something?

Seen that this morning but didn't have a chance to read the article. Is it due to him stalling on a contract or something?

There’s tons of reasons. His entourage are making up transfer rumours, his demands are too high, then stalls when he says he’s close to agreeing a new deal. Then there is his form, he did good in the conference league but was poor in Seria A.

I reckon it’s gotten to that stage it’s better for both to move on.

So what would you and the others do about this problem then cos i would suggest that Kent probably wont get that many goals next year either. Its just a negative part to his game in nice positions he seldom finds the finish. If he did i guess we would probably have moved on for a lot of money even before the excellent performances against top european opposition in the later stages last season.

Its a crap total no one can argue but id say hes easily our most important player if we dont have him in the side and replace him with someone that comes up with the 10 goals to match whatever the provos are doing or the stats charts everyone reads, i think our whole team will suffer.

The guy is so vital to the way we play the opposition might not fear his shooting but they are nervous every time he gets on the ball he causes panic in every single fixture.

Also i dont really have a problem with all the respect the Celtic players or manager stuff and saying next season will be really tough as they probably wont drop many points(defo true)... but the problem with all the praise for their team and the way folk judge their stats/results etc against ours, is that you do not take into account the amount of help they get from moving fixtures and dishonest refereeing. Without the refs that big guy they adore probably wouldnt have lasted the season.

Not so much a rumour yet but surely Nkunku is on the move this summer?

Would be an ideal replacement for Lukaku at Chelsea. I also fancy them to take a pop at West Ham for Rice this summer as well. With De Jong looking like he is going to Man Utd, Bellingham to Liverpool & Phillips to Man City it only really leaves Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs to go to if he were to move which surely he will.

Really looking forward to the EPL this season if I’m honest. I felt it had gone a touch stale over the last few years but gearing up to be a good one

Would be an ideal replacement for Lukaku at Chelsea. I also fancy them to take a pop at West Ham for Rice this summer as well. With De Jong looking like he is going to Man Utd, Bellingham to Liverpool & Phillips to Man City it only really leaves Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs to go to if he were to move which surely he will.

Really looking forward to the EPL this season if I’m honest. I felt it had gone a touch stale over the last few years but gearing up to be a good one

Nkunku just signed a new contract with Leipzig

He's just signed a new contract with a €60m release clause that activates next summer.

We know Kent can up his figures though. In the League his numbers for the 55 season were identical to Jota in the last season, at 10 goals and 11 assists. He had a poor season for goals last time out, no question, but still played well. He will get the goals back.

Not sure why this is being debated in a transfer thread right enough.

We know Kent can up his figures though. In the League his numbers for the 55 season were identical to Jota in the last season, at 10 goals and 11 assists. He had a poor season for goals last time out, no question, but still played well. He will get the goals back.

20 assists in a season is very impressive, despite frustrations with his finishing VB, and I’m not sure if that includes penalties won ?

Wasn't Aouar tipped to become one of the best midfielders in Europe? Seems a bit of a side step going from Lyon to Roma.

I see Cech has chucked it at Chelsea. Looks like the new owners getting their own guys in.

Incidentally I see people now using the Non Rangers transfer threads to start talking about Rangers transfers!! Sshhh, you will get this one chopped as well.

Granovskaia has left aswell. Looks like Boely will be running the club on a day to day basis.

Wasn't Aouar tipped to become one of the best midfielders in Europe? Seems a bit of a side step going from Lyon to Roma.
Yeah seems a bit of a weird move. Arsenal were linked previously

Agreed it shouldn't be in a transfer thread but was giving my tuppence worth in response to an earlier post.

Gr
Granovskaia has left aswell. Looks like Boely will be running the club on a day to day basis.

Yeah seems a bit of a weird move. Arsenal were linked previously
Granovskaia will still be in the background as a consultant for a transitional period this summer. Understandable Boehly wants a shake up but would be madness to go in to the window without someone like her helping.

Gr

Granovskaia will still be in the background as a consultant for a transitional period this summer. Understandable Boehly wants a shake up but would be madness to go in to the window without someone like her helping.

I thought she'd left already. Makes sense to keep her on for this window. Although Boehly strikes me as the type of person who will crack on and not take much advice.

I've always thought he was a bit ordinary, then I took my lad (MC fan) to the Etihad and saw him in person... completely changed my opinion. He scored a hattrick and honestly his movement off the ball was exceptional. Stretched the defence and pulled them all over the place.

I think in a team that gives him service and doesnt try and play decoy runs to set up wingers/midfielders he will score a good few goals.

.... Also Jack Grealish was utter shite but what a set of calves on him! :oops:
Seeing players in the flesh is totally different from watching them on tv. You don't see what they are doing off the ball at times, runs, movement etc. I think he will be a good signing for Arsenal.

I thought she'd left already. Makes sense to keep her on for this window. Although Boehly strikes me as the type of person who will crack on and not take much advice.
Officially away at the end of the window. Yeah it does, I hope Boehly doesn’t bring an arrogance and think it’s easy to deal with players agents etc at that level.

Some random SPL related ones -

Regan Charles-Cook who done well at Ross County last year has signed for a Belgian team called KAS Eupen.

And Zander Clark the St. Johnstone goalie looks like he's on his way to Stoke.

Back