Christmas Eve fixtures - madness

RabSpackman

Just looking through the fixture list to try and pick out a few matches to travel to next year and saw that the SPFL’s fixture planning on Christmas Eve is a cracker this year.

Rangers away to Ross County with a 3pm KO
Aberdeen away to St Mirren with a 3pm KO.

So back home for 11pm/midnight on Christmas Eve for many away fans that day. Utterly ridiculous.

Will probably get moved to an early kick will it not?
You would think so - setting folk up for a journey like that on Christmas Eve is ridiculous.

Appreciate it’s a great day out for many but anyone with kids or other responsibilities or family commitments over Christmas is left with a choice to make.

Ross County v Aberdeen and St Mirren v Rangers would be more accommodating for traveling supporters surely?

Sure they normally drop these games back a few hours after complaints in previous years

It’s mental that they don’t manipulate the fixtures slightly to make it easier for fans to travel at this time of year.

Could easily have us playing St Mirren, Motherwell or Kilmarnock.

As someone says above Aberdeen playing St Mirren and us going up to Dingwall xmas eve is pretty stupid.

It’s mental that they don’t manipulate the fixtures slightly to make it easier for fans to travel at this time of year.

Could easily have us playing St Mirren, Motherwell or Kilmarnock.

As someone says above Aberdeen playing St Mirren and us going up to Dingwall xmas eve is pretty stupid.
Manipulate fixtures you say? That would be 2 seasons in a row

Were all the Christmas eve games not half 12 ko a few years ago when we were at home to Inverness?

You would think so - setting folk up for a journey like that on Christmas Eve is ridiculous.

Appreciate it’s a great day out for many but anyone with kids or other responsibilities or family commitments over Christmas is left with a choice to make.

Ross County v Aberdeen and St Mirren v Rangers would be more accommodating for traveling supporters surely?
You sure of your geography?
Or, do you mean they should be going to Kilmarnock?

I’m assuming the pederasts are at home?

Their fans will too busy doing a spot of last minute Christmas shoplifting.

Good day out for the fans, but you could potentially swap those around, no?

Sheep and Ross County, then us and St Mirren.

I think there's a decent chance that gets moved to Friday 23rd night time game for Sky. Hope so anyway as there's no way I can make kids toys on Christmas eve after Dingwall away. So won't be going if it's Christmas Eve.

Past Xmas Eve games have all started at either 12:45 or 13:30 I’m sure. This will no doubt be the same this year.

I heard that brainiac Maxwell on the radio at the weekend saying that fans complain about decisions yet they don’t appreciate that behind every decision is a logical explanation.

His contention was that if fans knew the explanation and thinking behind decisions then they would understand why what on the face of it nonsensical decisions we’re arrived at.

So with that in mind perhaps one of our intrepid football hacks might take the opportunity to question of the SPFL about the thinking behind this masterpiece of planning.

Just looking through the fixture list to try and pick out a few matches to travel to next year and saw that the SPFL’s fixture planning on Christmas Eve is a cracker this year.

So back home for 11pm/midnight on Christmas Eve for many away fans that day. Utterly ridiculous.
If they had any sense they could swap us and the sheep on that day. But they don’t, so…

%^*& that, I'm still getting over the game there on Xmas eve 2011. Absolutely fucking dire.

It'll 100% get changed to 12.30 for TV

No guarantee we'll be on TV. Our first game up there last season wasn't shown, and Celtics game this coming season isn't being shown either.

I'd love to go just to just to piss off my woman. As an NI Bear it would make things even worse. Would be incredibly staunch to miss Christmas dinner as I went to see Rangers.

Doubt I'd get a ticket anyway but would jump at the chance if it came up.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it moved to the friday night

Looking forward to it regardless
Should be the whole calendar moved to the Friday night, with the following week's games on the Tuesday rather than the Wednesday, that would in general be better for most fans of all clubs, therefore won't happen.

Aberdeen to ross county is probably only about 30 mins quicker than Glasgow to ross county. They cant be much under 3 hours to travel across

all decided with their " sit down" involving paedo f.c. .....

Aberdeen is pretty much the same travelling time as going from Glasgow.

As someone living in the North I’m delighted to get away from the ball and chain that day

Back