Non Rangers 2022 Summer Transfer Thread

Bit of a clear out for City with him, Jesus and Fernandinho away.

Wonder who they'll replace Sterling with?

I think they may feel they have the depth in the wide areas already.

Mahrez, Silva, Grealish, Foden, and they'll even push De Bruyne up there sometimes. Couple of decent youngsters on the fringes as well.

I am just speculating though, they might fancy another top class player.

I think they may feel they have the depth in the wide areas already.

Mahrez, Silva, Grealish, Foden, and they'll even push De Bruyne up there sometimes. Couple of decent youngsters on the fringes as well.

I am just speculating though, they might fancy another top class player.

Possibly, it's a bit of a risk to not replace a guy of Sterlings quality though

Sterling is such a strange footballer. Obviously capable of brilliance but sometimes he looks as if he can't control a ball. First touch is horrendous.

Chelsea also interested in Ake it seems. He's a decent player but definitely not at the same level as Rudiger.

Zian Flemming signed for Millwall the other day from Fortuna Sittard.

Mentioned him when we were discussing possible players GVB could look to bring in not long after he signed. Had an excellent two seasons in Holland.

Their record signing at £1.7m. Will be interesting to see how he gets on in the Championship. Very aggressive attack minded player.

Some random SPL related ones -

Regan Charles-Cook who done well at Ross County last year has signed for a Belgian team called KAS Eupen.

And Zander Clark the St. Johnstone goalie looks like he's on his way to Stoke.

Charles-Cook was about 3 weeks ago :))

Adam Montgomery (Celtic) to st Johnstone. Season long loan with a non compete clause.
Celtic always seem to get players playing on loan at SPL teams.
Our youngsters always seen to end up at Partick thistle, Ayr Utd or League 2 in England.

Manchester United are close to agreeing a deal with Barcelona for midfielder Frenkie de Jong.

Sky Sports News has been told the clubs have a "broad agreement" on the fee - believed to be €65m (£56m) plus performance related add-ons.

Man Utd supposedly linked with Neymar as well after PSG told him he can leave.

Di Maria to Juventus as well.

Manchester United are close to agreeing a deal with Barcelona for midfielder Frenkie de Jong.

Sky Sports News has been told the clubs have a "broad agreement" on the fee - believed to be €65m (£56m) plus performance related add-ons.
What a fantastic footballer he is. However, I really don’t think Man Utd is the club for him.

Yeah that's in the rules though is it not, not a clause.
Is it?

Never knew that. Thought it was just an agreement between clubs, it’s fairly common in other countries for players to play against their parent club.

So is it in the association rules here? Genuinely never knew that.

Is it?

Never knew that. Thought it was just an agreement between clubs, it’s fairly common in other countries for players to play against their parent club.

So is it in the association rules here? Genuinely never knew that.

Yeah that's in the rules in Scotland I'm positive.

Yeah that's in the rules though is it not, not a clause.
Not always. Been a few examples of loan players playing against their parent clubs in the past. Sure there was a famous one where said player knocked the team that owned his registration out one of the cups in England not so long back. Can't remember who right enough, so maybe not that famous. B-)

Not always. Been a few examples of loan players playing against their parent clubs in the past. Sure there was a famous one where said player knocked the team that owned his registration out one of the cups in England not so long back. Can't remember who right enough, so maybe not that famous. B-)

In Scotland I'm talking about.

Weird few days for Club Brugge.

Bring in Andy Carroll for a trial and immediately figure out he is crocked after a brief medical inspection so cancel the trial, move for second choice Benik Afobe from Stoke, terms agreed, Medical done, just the signature needed and the move falls apart.

Benik Afobe then signs for Milwall.

Strange stuff.

Yeah that's in the rules in Scotland I'm positive.
You are correct. From SPFL Rules (Rule 65):

Prohibition on Playing Against Transferor Club 65 During the term of a Temporary Transfer the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferee Club against his transferor Club in:
(i) a League Match;
(ii) a Play-Off Match;
(iii) a Scottish Professional Football League Cup Match;
(iv) a Scottish Professional Football League Challenge Cup Match; and
(v) a Scottish Cup Match;

and during the term of a Temporary Transfer or during a Recall, the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferor Club in a Match in the Reserve League or in any Reserve Cup Match against his transferee Club or for his transferor Club in any Match involving an age limited team of his transferee Club.

Weird few days for Club Brugge.

Bring in Andy Carroll for a trial and immediately figure out he is crocked after a brief medical inspection so cancel the trial, move for second choice Benik Afobe from Stoke, terms agreed, Medical done, just the signature needed and the move falls apart.

Benik Afobe then signs for Milwall.

Strange stuff.

Bullet dodged with both.

In Scotland I'm talking about.
I think that only applies to short term loans, unless stipulated as in this situation. As he’s a season long loan he’s considered the loan teams player and could play.

Sic section 15(j)(iv) of the FA rules!?

I think that only applies to short term loans, unless stipulated as in this situation. As he’s a season long loan he’s considered the loan teams player and could play.

Sic section 15(j)(iv) of the FA rules!?

Nope, all loans in Scotland.

Back