Sky Sports - Rangers agree fee for Colak

Status
Not open for further replies.
H&H said their understanding is that the bid has been accepted but there is a hold up at their end.

Hope it all goes through. At 29 next birthday hes got years to go... always think its hard to judge an incomer to our tinpot league based on what they have or havent done in others... some unexpected ones flourish with the right support to bring their confidence on like Borna... others you expect to start skelping goals in from all angles like Ramsey and the struggle...

Think he'll be decent. And lighten burden on Alfie if indeed Alfie stays.

We probably need someone who can play Kents role too instead of him playing way too many games.

Squad is actually looking quite strong at present and with Lowry possibly ready to step up and one or two other kids not far then things are fine.

Maybe one big name might leave and possibly two but some cash can be used to reinvest.

Looking forward to seeing this fella play.
Hopefully can be a better goal scorer than Allie.

Decent goal scoring record and plenty of experience, and also was a bit of a handful against us. Maybe not a great investment in terms of resale value at his age (29 in September), but if he can get a few goals then it would still be financially worthwhile.

My only concern is that he has been with about 7 different clubs in the last 7 years, which sounds a wee bit odd given that good team players don’t usually get bounced about as much.

Haggling is part of football. Sometimes I wish we’d done a bit more of it in previous times. There won’t be many clubs who accepted a first bid on a player they want to keep.
I agree , but it looks like they have agreed a fee , then maybe had issues with their incoming transfer and moved the goalposts , tbh I think we should walk away .

Last edited:
Think this thread needs removed until something clearer is confirmed one way or the other.

The Sun say it's been rejected.
Greek journalists say it's been rejected.

Only RangersReview and Sky saying it's been agreed.
Tell that to The Boss!

Haggling is part of football. Sometimes I wish we’d done a bit more of it in previous times. There won’t be many clubs who accepted a first bid on a player they want to keep.
I know but i think there's a price we're willing to pay and a price they'll accept. Seems we're still miles apart so time to move on to other targets. We've offered a fair price for a 28 year old with zero sell on value.

Tell that to The Boss!
wrfukQo.png

I know but i think there's a price we're willing to pay and a price they'll accept. Seems we're still miles apart so time to move on to other targets. We've offered a fair price for a 28 year old with zero sell on value.
You don’t know how high we’re willing to go or what they’ll ultimately accept though so how can it be “time to move on” without these two pieces of information?

You don’t know how high we’re willing to go or what they’ll ultimately accept though so how can it be “time to move on” without these two pieces of information?

Yes, I think taking tonight to clear our & their heads & trying to close what seems like a small gap tomorrow hopefully would be my thought.

There’s a desire from all three parties it seems.

Yes, I think taking tonight to clear our & their heads & trying to close what seems like a small gap tomorrow hopefully would be my thought.

There’s a desire from all three parties it seems.
Also have to factor in that the player’s head will now be turned, and if he really wants it to happen then the Greeks have a problem. Players have the power now days.

Also have to factor in that the player’s head will now be turned, and if he really wants it to happen then the Greeks have a problem. Players have the power now days.

Yes exactly. He could be at them tomorrow morning thinking his chance has gone.

It seems that we are very close. Why cut our noses off to spite our faces ?

If it fails, we then start this shit again with some other ego maniac for a guy we want less.

Maybe the best thing is for.us to say he will be.shite etc because players like Ramsey etc where we all thought would be great never worked.out lol

Look forward to the FF monobrow loyal changing tact with their doomsday transfer window posts now we're about to sign a striker.

Reports are a bid was accepted then rejected, to me that's just fucking around, call their bluff, move on. Just my opinion

Come on!!

Very excited for this signing.

Caused us all sorts of problems in the CL qualifiers last season.

Big lad, great on the ball and can finish.

Him and Alfy up top is a dream!

WATP
Yeah we needed a physical striker that Morelos is powder puff……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back