The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we not give a free transfer to the roasters on here who want to discuss everything bar transfer rumours?

Sure it’s hard when there’s not a lot that gets out from the club side, but c’mon to f@ck! Earlier it was debates over cricket terminology and now it’s the definition of journeymen.

It’s hardly a surprise this thread keeps getting trimmed and locked.

Why don’t some people go and look into Colak or potential signings instead of spouting sh!t on here.

We would need to up the signing on fee to over 3.5 million to make up the gap in wages that we can offer without breaking wage structure. It’s a lot if Morelos is staying.
Are we that naive?

Goldson got upwards of 75% of what Brighton would have been due.
As signing on fee, plus a top 3 wage.
He's proven to be a player and a worker.

Morelos and Kent will get similar.

This kid will be offered a signing on fee and top 8 starting wage.
And bonuses to make sure he doesn't down tools.
Depending on scouting reports.
If he doesn't come? It's because he's no desire to put in 99.9℅.
Tough shit.

Anyone who can't be trusted to do that will be signed or not, within our wage structure.

the players not going to agree to that though, what happens if he comes in and does his ACL in pre season?

Why would a player not agree to getting paid what they’ve asked for, and subsequently getting a big move 12 months later?

Its not. Its not as mental as it was in England, but far from dead.

I'll bet the mentally challengeds don't have an issue selling when they need to.

It's arguable how well that is working out for them. They should be streets ahead of us and yet are not, while making zero significant impact in Europe.

I wouldn't be looking at them for the way forward.

Known as “the Boumsong strategy”.

Exactly. I appreciate it’s not possible to find a Boumsong every year, but when they’re out there, it feels like a mistake not to try and make it happen.

We already know Botheim’s value is £7M, so there’s a decent gauge there of what to expect if he has another good season.

As I’ve said though, the idea is that you get them in the door, pump their value and sell them within 12-24 months.

A riskier strategy, but if the scouting team have done their homework, it should be a calculated risk.

We’re arguably already running the risk of going a bit stagnant, so we need to get the player model the board have mooted up and running sooner rather than later.
So we have to replace the same player every one to 2 seasons?

All it takes is a player not to live up to expectations or get s long term injury and the strategy falls apart.

T
It's arguable how well that is working out for them. They should be streets ahead of us and yet are not, while making zero significant impact in Europe.

I wouldn't be looking at them for the way forward.
Their chief exec completely fucked their lead over us by penny pinching.

So we have to replace the same player every one to 2 seasons?

All it takes is a player not to live up to expectations or get s long term injury and the strategy falls apart.

That’s the model we’re supposed to be operating for the club to be sustainable financially. Within that, should be some scope for error in the event a signing doesn’t work out.

We’re never going to completely replicate the Ajax model, but half their team is different every single year, and they continue to have success. That’s roughly what we need to be emulating, as if we don’t, then the money we make outwith that isn’t going to be enough to sustain what we need to compete.

The youth side looks like it’s starting to pay off, just need to get the sign and sell side working for us.

I don’t love it, but it is what it is.

Quite simply agents don't advise players to turn down higher wages per week for a slice of a future transfer fee. he could get a career ending injury a month in and be worth nothing at that point.
Yep , Was listening to Crouch Podcast other day were he goes through his contract with Stoke , the agent will go in knowing wage bracket his player will be ,top , middle , lower and the number that will be for that club , by the time the player meets club , it’s already done verbally .

I think it’s ok to maybe start to question why we haven’t brought anyone in so far since the window opened and pre season has already begun.

The lack of activity imo screams we need to sell before we buy that’s why we are basically trying to get the big Croatian striker for the Itten money.

Anyone else who wasn’t initially that worried getting a bit tetchy ?

For many people's sanity on this thread, I hope that there is some movement this Friday - I'd even be happy with a Casper Kent photo shoot at this point!

I’m quite relaxed about the Colak situation, sounds like we’ll get him eventually.

My arse is starting to twitch about the prospect of losing £40-50m worth of talent in Morelos, Kent and Aribo for next to %^*& all though.

Ross Wilson is really really relaxed about it mate how dare you worry about it…

T

Their chief exec completely fucked their lead over us by penny pinching.

That's not entirely true, though, given the amount they spent each Summer.

In three transfer windows Lennon spent 32m (according to the Daily Record) and Rodgers made 23 signings during his time. That's a lot of money and comings-and-goings.

Yes, it brought them a lot of domestic success but not the title they craved. Within 3 years of Gerrard, we had gone further in Europe than they had for nearly two decades. We went even further last season.

I think it’s ok to maybe start to question why we haven’t brought anyone in so far since the window opened and pre season has already begun.

The lack of activity imo screams we need to sell before we buy that’s why we are basically trying to get the big Croatian striker for the Itten money.

I’ll be honest and say there’s something bothering me about a European finalist who also brought in massive fees for their players/staff (Patterson & Gerrard) and we are supposedly haggling over a couple of 100k for Colak with the large part of that fee being made up from another outgoing in Itten. Then there are the renewed contracts for many players who I believe should have been let go and thanked for their service.

People can jump on this post and say it’s only June but we are back in preseason this week, full squad back next week I think too with our only new signing being a pre-contract from January. Our biggest run of games is round the corner and failing to get Champions League football as a result of not investing isn’t good enough for me.

I’m quite relaxed about the Colak situation, sounds like we’ll get him eventually.

My arse is starting to twitch about the prospect of losing £40-50m worth of talent in Morelos, Kent and Aribo for next to %^*& all though.

That won't ve happening mate.

Not a chance.

I’ll be honest and say there’s something bothering me about a European finalist who also brought in massive fees for their players/staff (Patterson & Gerrard) and we are supposedly haggling over a couple of 100k for Colak with the large part of that fee being made up from another outgoing in Itten. Then there are the renewed contracts for many players who I believe should have been let go and thanked for their service.

People can jump on this post and say it’s only June but we are back in preseason this week, full squad back next week I think too with our only new signing being a pre-contract from January. Our biggest run of games is round the corner and failing to get Champions League football as a result of not investing isn’t good enough for me.

Yeah, I’m feeling the same. Not full blown panic mode, but there is a niggling concern that our pot is relatively sparse and this may be a long, frustrating transfer window.

I think most of us expected more activity last summer and we were all pretty disappointed. Unless we get big investment from a player sale, it looks like the same again is on the cards.

As I’ve said though, the idea is that you get them in the door, pump their value and sell them within 12-24 months.

A riskier strategy, but if the scouting team have done their homework, it should be a calculated risk.

We’re arguably already running the risk of going a bit stagnant, so we need to get the player model the board have mooted up and running sooner rather than later.
Utter crap.
If only it were that easy.
Where does consistency come into this?
How do the fans build a rapport with players in only two years?
Where do the next heroes come from.
Funny thing in all of your post is that you don’t seem to be mentioning actually winning things!
I get the idea of “the model” but it simply cannot be every player.

I will be happy if Colak signs and we gain a RW.

Whether we are opting to fund solely from sales clearly remains to be seen.
But for me and it's simplicity I reckon Aribo out funding the RW and Itten funding Colak.

Question is; do you want to or need to replace Aribo?

Perhaps not with Lowry being an option to promote.

If Alfie or Bassey leave then it's my opinion that it gets complicated.

That won't ve happening mate.

Not a chance.
I would like to hope not.

I’m aware other clubs can start and end transfers much quicker than we’re able to, but if we are planning on selling, I’d have liked to hear about a bit more potential interest.

Losing all three for anything less than £25m would be a fucking disaster.

Just read the news about Čolak. My memory is shit but I read he was the one that played well against us last year, guess I'm reasonably happy with that except his age as he's 30 next year.

Nah not yet still early in the window and the squad we have at the moment is too big. Going to have to start moving the non contributors out and then decisions need to be made on the likes of Helander but until someone goes from out our best 11 I'm struggling to see where we can strengthen other than the right wing.

Souttar in so far suspect Colak will be next and then we can see business happening both ways before the season starts.

Quite simply agents don't advise players to turn down higher wages per week for a slice of a future transfer fee. he could get a career ending injury a month in and be worth nothing at that point.

Ano mate but am not talkimg about £350 a week. Someone says to me you can sign a deal for 40k a week for 3years or i can sign a 3 year deal on 30k a week and i can score 40 goals and get a move and get the club 20million and i get 6million i know what im signing

Why would a player not agree to getting paid what they’ve asked for, and subsequently getting a big move 12 months later?

A player isnt going to take 1.2m upfront and 15k a week when their is a 4yr contract on offer at 40k

again, what happens if he gets injured and cant transfer in 12months and hes stuck on 15k a week for the next 18months?

players will always go with the biggest per week wage across their contract

Ive got to laugh at how you flippantly mention "a couple of 100k" as if its pennies

A player isnt going to take 1.2m upfront and 15k a week when their is a 4yr contract on offer at 40k

again, what happens if he gets injured and cant transfer in 12months and hes stuck on 15k a week for the next 18months?

players will always go with the biggest per week wage across their contract

I think you’re misread what I was saying mate. I was saying from a fan perspective, people wouldn’t think twice if we signed someone for £1.2M and £15K a week, but would think a free transfer on £40K is a shit load more.

All I’m saying is in year 1 it’s the same outlay, and if you sell after 12 months, there’s potential for hefty profit.

Known as “the Boumsong strategy”.

The difference with Boumsong was he had six years of top flight football in France and was an international for the reigning European champions.

Botheim's had what ? 64 games and 19 goals in the Norwegian league ? Not even played for his country at full international level yet.

Not even remotely comparable.

Here's the thing though - it's impossible to say "investment equals Champions League, not investing equals Europa League".

It's not as cut-and-dried as that.

We'll make some signings over the next few weeks - 2 or 3 at most probably - but it won't make a significant difference to our chances of qualifying either way. It's a hard route that, if the draw is unkind, could be 50/50 at best despite our seeded status.

We're not going to go up a level or two through signings with the budget we have. That would take about £50m and a serious upturn in wages. We'll hopefully improve a couple of positions and go from there.

I will be happy if Colak signs and we gain a RW.

Whether we are opting to fund solely from sales clearly remains to be seen.
But for me and it's simplicity I reckon Aribo out funding the RW and Itten funding Colak.

Question is; do you want to or need to replace Aribo?

Perhaps not with Lowry being an option to promote.

If Alfie or Bassey leave then it's my opinion that it gets complicated.
Strangely I don't think Aribo will be hard to replace in terms of numbers. His versatility is great and he can be magic but a less flashier player can contribute more in terms of goals. That's not to under play his best work but I've spent a lot of his time here frustrated at him.

We definitely need a bigger squad capable of contributing to all games though. A reliable first team player would need to come in to the squad in his place.

Jonny McFarlane oddly quoting that tweet from a Galatasaray fan on Botheim’s demands.

Unless extension to their contact s
Positive loyal

Gross spend, not net spend. In the last two years they have actually spent less than they have brought in, according to Transfer Market.

Who cares? Spending £40M is not "penny pinching" and theyve got the same number of trophies in that period as a team that have barely spent a penny in the last 3 windows.

Utter crap.
If only it were that easy.
Where does consistency come into this?
How do the fans build a rapport with players in only two years?
Where do the next heroes come from.
Funny thing in all of your post is that you don’t seem to be mentioning actually winning things!
I get the idea of “the model” but it simply cannot be every player.

No need for the utter crap, adds nothing to what has been a civil debate.

Football has changed. We can either be stuck in the old mentality and be left behind, or get with the script and build a sustainable model.

Lundstram went from zero to hero in about 3 months, so I don’t buy that you need 2 years for that to happen.

Do you honestly think I’d be discussing this if winning wasn’t at the basis of what was being discussed?

The model is possible, it’s down to the supporters that are stuck in the 9 in a row era to accept it needs to happen.

Teams around Europe are doing it whilst winning league titles. We’ve no option but to emulate that.

I would like to hope not.

I’m aware other clubs can start and end transfers much quicker than we’re able to, but if we are planning on selling, I’d have liked to hear about a bit more potential interest.

Losing all three for anything less than £25m would be a fucking disaster.

There will be plenty currently going on, both within the club regarding contract extension talks and also negotiations with potential transfers in.

Things will look a lot different in next couple of weeks imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back