Just reading all the comments on You Tube about the Ibrox Atmosphere v Leipzig from all over the world- Amazing

The Goal Machine

If you are ever feeling down just head over to You Tube and watch the celebrations after our win over Leipzig I guarantee you will have a smile and burst with pride. I have many times, have you?

I will be honest, yes, we lost the Final but that match will live in the memory for ever. It was special.

Even more special are the comments about Ibrox and Rangers from everywhere. England, of course, Italy, Mexico, Portugal you name it, even from Celtic supporters. As I say it makes you burst for pride. People want to experience it.

Let’s hope we can repeat it next season.

Last edited:
If you are ever feeling down just head over to You Tube and watch the celebrations after our win over Leipzig I guarantee you will have a smile and burst with pride. I have many times, have you?

I will be honest, yes, we lost the Final but that match will live in the memory for ever. It was special.

Even more special are the comments about Ibrox and Rangers from everywhere. England, of course, Italy, Mexico, Portugal you name it, even from some Celtic supporters. As I say it makes you burst for pride. People want to experience it.

Let’s hope we can repeat it next season.

Even more special are the comments about Ibrox and Rangers from everywhere. England, of course, Italy, Mexico, Portugal you name it, even from Celtic supporters. As I say it makes you burst for pride. People want to experience it.

Let’s hope we can repeat it next se
I would argue we didn't lose the final. Rather, we played a team with a turnover 4 x that we have and who play in one of the 'super-leagues' and they were unable to beat us over 120 minutes.
We then lost a penalty shoot out!
Semantics maybe, but we seriously underestimate how well we did in the final with a team without a recognised striker.

It's just a shame it couldn't be replicated in the final.

Which isn't a criticism of the fans at the game. I was at both and wasn't on the same form in the final as 2 weeks before. With the sun , nerves and lack of water I was struggling to stay on my feet at points let alone belt out some songs.
Between what you said and Rangers giving the bulk of tickets to who they wanted rather than the core support, it’s a mixture of both.

Hopefully a lesson for the future.

Btw, I’m almost certain Leipzig will never be beaten.

Which isn't a criticism of the fans at the game. I was at both and wasn't on the same form in the final as 2 weeks before. With the sun , nerves and lack of water I was struggling to stay on my feet at points let alone belt out some songs.

The lack of a hardcore ultra section really hurt us - apparently also an issue in Manchester too (yeah plenty of them were there but they weren’t en masse in one area like they usually would be).

I sung non stop but at times felt different tiers were singing different songs and rather than one taking over they clashed and then just seemed to fizzle out.

Love the clip that starts right at the final whistle, from the Leipzig end. Sounds like an aeroplane flying overhead. Can remember plenty games where there was a massive roar at the final whistle, but usually the noise goes down within a second or two. At the final whistle of the Leipzig game the roar was sustained for longer and seemed more like a goal celebration except better - the sound of pure joy.

We all know what it's like at Ibrox when the atmosphere gets kranked up but the videos never do it justice for me. One exception to this is the following Rangers v Spartak Moscow video where you do get a better impression of what the noise is like. I was in the Broomloan Rear that night giving it my all as usual but didn't think the atmosphere was exceptional that night, however this video shows the stadium was in full voice around the start of the game.

I think it was pure joy from everyone from where we were in 2012 to qualify for a European Final in 2022, it is extraordinary.

Everyone in unison singing songs about Rangers. And not a peep about fecking ‘Bobby Sands’. Maybe there is a lesson to be learned about that.

Showing the world about our special home….Ibrox.

Make no mistake, our European runs in the last few seasons have shown our club, support and especially Ibrox in an incredibly favourable light. Football fans from all over the globe have been genuinely staggered by the unique Ibrox atmosphere under the floodlights. The tens of thousands of comments from ordinary football fans from around the world, either to have Ibrox as a must visit, or even looking to buy a Rangers shirt, has been superb. Let's keep it going in Europe again this season.

I would argue we didn't lose the final. Rather, we played a team with a turnover 4 x that we have and who play in one of the 'super-leagues' and they were unable to beat us over 120 minutes.
Semantics maybe, but we seriously underestimate how well we did in the final with a team without a recognised striker.
In my youth these games were settled by the toss of a coin, that's how close we were. We can hold our heads very high.

Love this comment.

Frankfurt were there for the taking. It was a very poor, low quality game overall.

We didn't turn up and got several things wrong on the night.

A great opportunity, badly missed.

It will haunt me forever.

Last edited:
Between what you said and Rangers giving the bulk of tickets to who they wanted rather than the core support, it’s a mixture of both.

Did the bulk of our Tickets not get distributed via Mygers or have I missed something, surely that is our core support?

Frankfurt were there for the taking. It was a very poor, low quality game overall.

We didn't turn up and got several things wrong on the night.

A great opportunity, badly missed.

It will haunt me forever.
Yep.
6 weeks on I'm still in a state of heartbreak.

F*ck last week walked into local coffee shop who had Smooth FM playing, and Belinda Carlisle blaring. Had to wipe some *dust* out eyes.

Did the bulk of our Tickets not get distributed via Mygers or have I missed something, surely that is our core support?
Nearly. Believe 3k went to mygers then the rest to hospitality/complimentary.

There was an ex player sitting with over 20 tickets between the family. Albeit a couple of the family are ex players (can guess who).

I think the board made that decision so the ‘hardcore’ didn’t ‘shame’ us on the big stage.

Sadly the club still know nothing about fan culture.

I flew from Oz just to be in Manchester in 2008 and was bitterly disappointed with our fans INSIDE the stadium.

As someone who made it to Barcelona in 72 it was a case of dejavu.

Sevilla was third time unlucky though I do appreciate the circumstances were awful.

Compare all three atmospheres to Leipzig and ask yourself why? Send your answers to Ibrox.

I don't think I'll ever experience something as great in my life ever again. Nights like that are as good as trophies. I felt like I was floating all the way up until the final as well.

Sadly the club still know nothing about fan culture.

I flew from Oz just to be in Manchester in 2008 and was bitterly disappointed with our fans INSIDE the stadium.

As someone who made it to Barcelona in 72 it was a case of dejavu.

Sevilla was third time unlucky though I do appreciate the circumstances were awful.

Compare all three atmospheres to Leipzig and ask yourself why? Send your answers to Ibrox.
It was a conscious decision imo. A decision to keep the hardcore apart and stop us from ‘shaming’ us on the biggest stage.

Not sour grapes from me either, I had a ticket through mygers but didn’t go due to family issues.

I would say hopefully a lesson learned but it won’t be. They way Frankfurt dished out the tickets would never be accepted here.

Anyone able to fire up some links to these videos?

Probably seen them all on Twitter at the time but never saved them

For me, it beat Parma. Best night of my life following Rangers

I might get shot down for this but I just can't see how Leipzig and the Seville build up will ever be topped, and that makes me quite sad. Hopefully I am wrong and we have many other fantastic European nights and adventures to come, but post match after Leipzig and the build up to Seville was absolutely unbelievable. Anyone who was at the Leipzig game and subsequently Seville will know exactly the feeling I’m trying to describe.

I’m sure in the past though, people have said Leeds wouldn’t be topped, Kiev, Parma, etc, and Leipzig did just that, so hopefully I’m speaking shite, I think I just have a sadness about how amazing it was and that we fell at the final hurdle, and we may never get the chance again.

That said, Champions League football being back at Ibrox will have the place rocking once again, maybe we will finish 3rd in the group and be sent on another adventure!

Nearly. Believe 3k went to mygers then the rest to hospitality/complimentary.

There was an ex player sitting with over 20 tickets between the family. Albeit a couple of the family are ex players (can guess who).

I think the board made that decision so the ‘hardcore’ didn’t ‘shame’ us on the big stage.

The board have signed so many contracts with commercial partners - these partners got a good percentage of the tickets.

Love the clip that starts right at the final whistle, from the Leipzig end. Sounds like an aeroplane flying overhead. Can remember plenty games where there was a massive roar at the final whistle, but usually the noise goes down within a second or two. At the final whistle of the Leipzig game the roar was sustained for longer and seemed more like a goal celebration except better - the sound of pure joy.

We all know what it's like at Ibrox when the atmosphere gets kranked up but the videos never do it justice for me. One exception to this is the following Rangers v Spartak Moscow video where you do get a better impression of what the noise is like. I was in the Broomloan Rear that night giving it my all as usual but didn't think the atmosphere was exceptional that night, however this video shows the stadium was in full voice around the start of the game.

Unreal what a club and what a run we had.

Probably my best ever season following us (aye a know we never won the league) but I lived that run way my boy

I might get shot down for this but I just can't see how Leipzig and the Seville build up will ever be topped, and that makes me quite sad. Hopefully I am wrong and we have many other fantastic European nights and adventures to come, but post match after Leipzig and the build up to Seville was absolutely unbelievable. Anyone who was at the Leipzig game and subsequently Seville will know exactly the feeling I’m trying to describe.

I’m sure in the past though, people have said Leeds wouldn’t be topped, Kiev, Parma, etc, and Leipzig did just that, so hopefully I’m speaking shite, I think I just have a sadness about how amazing it was and that we fell at the final hurdle, and we may never get the chance again.

That said, Champions League football being back at Ibrox will have the place rocking once again, maybe we will finish 3rd in the group and be sent on another adventure!
I think at moment it isn't helped that it ended as it did, and with it also entered the shite spell of months with no football.
We've no other games, no even real decent rumours or news to take the mind away from that run/trip.

Have said before that the Europa League final was two well matched teams and in a game that tight and difficult it's unlikely the players give much thought to the details of what is going on in the stands. Ibrox is obviously different to an away ground or a neutral ground as when the Rangers players hear noise at Ibrox they know it is backing for them. So what I'm saying here is that I don't believe the fact the Rangers fans were more quiet than normal at the final would have any effect on the players during the game.

This thread shows that we take pride in the support we give to the team so from the supporters point of view there are a lot of lessons to be learned by the club and support in time for our next European Final.

Our lack of TIFO put us on the back foot straight away and gave Frankfurt fans a good start.

Frankfurt were obviously more street-wise in sneaking flares into the stadium long before the match, possibly at the same time as taking their TIFO in.

Rangers fans at the final seemed to include a much broader age range than Frankfurt with more young and old. To be honest this is great to see although it might affect the overall noise of the support especially when the temperatures, walking distances, queuing time, lack of water are taken into account. I don't believe nerves is a valid reason for being quiet as I've always found the best thing for that is to shout and sing.

We all know of people who were at the Final that don't regularly attend games and wouldn't know the words to some of the newer songs so tickets need to be targeted better next time, and possibly get all Union Bears in attendance placed together in the same way Frankfurt seemed to get their ultras together.

People were spending a fortune to be at the final so it's understandable that the whole break was treated like a holiday by most and I would expect many supporters peaked too early, especially with the conditions at the game. For games at Ibrox we all have a routine and know what we need to do to peak for the game.

When European teams come to Ibrox there are usually only a couple of thousand of their supporters at the most but I've noticed they sing their chants perfectly in time which makes them louder. We need a good range of simple chants that we can sing perfectly in time to be able to compete with supports like Frankfurt if we are ever in a similar situation again. I see it like a football match where you've got to win the battle first then you can start to do the more intricate stuff. Long rambling songs such as Derry's Walls would be difficult to keep in time with the way the crowd was setup in Seville with pockets of singing fans dispersed all over the ground, and a backdrop of Frankfurt fans all singing the same simple words in time. So we need to be prepared to sing these basic chants first to compete with our European opponents.

Our support at Ibrox and away in Europe is great so the above is only relevant when we have a situation such as the Europa League final.

Let's be fully ready for the next one.

Have said before that the Europa League final was two well matched teams and in a game that tight and difficult it's unlikely the players give much thought to the details of what is going on in the stands. Ibrox is obviously different to an away ground or a neutral ground as when the Rangers players hear noise at Ibrox they know it is backing for them. So what I'm saying here is that I don't believe the fact the Rangers fans were more quiet than normal at the final would have any effect on the players during the game.

This thread shows that we take pride in the support we give to the team so from the supporters point of view there are a lot of lessons to be learned by the club and support in time for our next European Final.

Our lack of TIFO put us on the back foot straight away and gave Frankfurt fans a good start.

Frankfurt were obviously more street-wise in sneaking flares into the stadium long before the match, possibly at the same time as taking their TIFO in.

Rangers fans at the final seemed to include a much broader age range than Frankfurt with more young and old. To be honest this is great to see although it might affect the overall noise of the support especially when the temperatures, walking distances, queuing time, lack of water are taken into account. I don't believe nerves is a valid reason for being quiet as I've always found the best thing for that is to shout and sing.

We all know of people who were at the Final that don't regularly attend games and wouldn't know the words to some of the newer songs so tickets need to be targeted better next time, and possibly get all Union Bears in attendance placed together in the same way Frankfurt seemed to get their ultras together.

People were spending a fortune to be at the final so it's understandable that the whole break was treated like a holiday by most and I would expect many supporters peaked too early, especially with the conditions at the game. For games at Ibrox we all have a routine and know what we need to do to peak for the game.

When European teams come to Ibrox there are usually only a couple of thousand of their supporters at the most but I've noticed they sing their chants perfectly in time which makes them louder. We need a good range of simple chants that we can sing perfectly in time to be able to compete with supports like Frankfurt if we are ever in a similar situation again. I see it like a football match where you've got to win the battle first then you can start to do the more intricate stuff. Long rambling songs such as Derry's Walls would be difficult to keep in time with the way the crowd was setup in Seville with pockets of singing fans dispersed all over the ground, and a backdrop of Frankfurt fans all singing the same simple words in time. So we need to be prepared to sing these basic chants first to compete with our European opponents.

Our support at Ibrox and away in Europe is great so the above is only relevant when we have a situation such as the Europa League final.

Let's be fully ready for the next one.

4th time lucky?

Im not counting 61 or 67.

Back