BT Sport secure CL, EL & ECL, Amazon Prime CL UK live broadcast rights from 2024/25-2026/27, BBC secure CL highlights package

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would suit me, but I feel bad for the older generation. My grandad passed last year, but he just would never have been able to watch a game by himself on Prime, or any other streaming service.

Sounds simple to most of us, but anything other than changing channels he just couldn't get his head around. Honestly, sky was a five year long nightmare and that's just a remote.

That would suit me, but I feel bad for the older generation. My grandad passed last year, but he just would never have been able to watch a game by himself on Prime, or any other streaming service.

Sounds simple to most of us, but anything other than changing channels he just couldn't get his head around. Honestly, sky was a five year long nightmare and that's just a remote.
My dad didn't know what prime was untill I put the Rangers 72 documentary on for him

Probably, can only imagine we see a separate BT/Amazon UEFA channel popping up
Can see it for Amazon Prime a separate channel for it I doubt they will bundle with the standard package with amount money paying for it if it is confirmed they have shared rights

BT could have done that already. I remember when they gain rights they set up BT Sport Europe but it bundles with the existing channels

One thing is that Amazon Prime already work with BT Sport and Sunset&Vine production company for it coverage of the Premier League

It is indeed. Proper UHD.

However given the cash involved I fully expect this to become a separate subscription, outwith normal Prime.
It’s Amazon mate , driven by prime subscribers , I don’t think they will all about power in the marketplace , the money involved in TV rights etc is nothing for them .

Identify with your grandad brother. Bless him technoligy is a list world to me also in the main

Can see it for Amazon Prime a separate channel for it I doubt they will bundle with the standard package with amount money paying for it if it is confirmed they have shared rights

BT could have done that already. I remember when they gain rights they set up BT Sport Europe but it bundles with the existing channels

One thing is that Amazon Prime already work with BT Sport and Sunset&Vine production company for it coverage of the Premier League
Not necessarily, they’ve not added a separate channel in the US despite adding NFL games at a cost of $1bn per year, they have increased the cost of prime though.

Personally I think prime is great value for money, I have no doubt that prices would rise for this. It beats sky hands down. There are always ways to put addons to the firestick too. Yes the picture is really really good too.
I think I read a price increase was already happening , but this is Amazon not a normal company , they can take hit for years , drive rivals out the market place , and then put prices up . Will be restrictions on percentage of games they can show , but once they are involved , doesn’t end well for rivals .

Not necessarily, they’ve not added a separate channel in the US despite adding NFL games at a cost of $1bn per year, they have increased the cost of prime though.
Yeah possible that could happened just an general increase on existing price

Yeah possible that could happened just an general increase on existing price
Will use it as a loss leader , drive up prime subscriptions , that’s whole company’s strategy , think it’s up to $14.99 in US up from $12.99 they said won’t put our prices up, but it’s rumoured will go up around same percentage US have , to around £9.30 . All in all will still be seen as great value , but we are all really just Lab rats to them :D.

Amazon has bought the rights to broadcast some Champions League games in the United Kingdom from 2024, The Athletic understands.

The tech giant will be able to show a number of games from UEFA club competitions — including the Champions League, Europa League and Europa Conference League — during the 2024-27 cycle.

BT Sport will retain the majority of the rights and will be able to show more games than previously, as the number of matches to be played in those competitions will increase when the formats change.

It is understood that the overall value of the rights has increased by approximately 20 per cent, with most of the new money coming from Amazon. The total package is now worth €1.7 billion over three years.

BT has owned the rights in the UK since 2015, when it spent big to take them from ITV and Sky.

Amazon shows 20 Premier League games a season in the UK on Prime Video and also broadcasts tennis and some rugby union fixtures. Earlier this year, it paid $1 billion for the exclusive US rights to the NFL’s Thursday night game until 2033.

BT and US media giant Warner Brothers Discovery announced a BT Sport/Eurosport joint venture last month, in a deal that could be worth as much as £633 million to the British communications firm.

Canal+, meanwhile, has bought the exclusive rights to the Champions League in France for the 2024-27 period for €480 million.

Amazon and BT declined to comment when approached by The Athletic.

Will use it as a loss leader , drive up prime subscriptions , that’s whole company’s strategy , think it’s up to $14.99 in US up from $12.99 they said won’t put our prices up, but it’s rumoured will go up around same percentage US have , to around £9.30 . All in all will still be seen as great value , but we are all really just Lab rats to them :D.
Yeah of course it is when they bought the right to 20 EPL games the package they got it suited them as it was at the busiest time of the year for them

Last edited:
You'd hope they'd do Prime (just for shopping delivery's and their existing TV/movies) and Prime Plus or something where they'd charge more for the games
Prime is a scandal, i spent 20 minutes looking through stuff to watch yesterday and everything i clicked on you had to pay extra for, at least on Disney+ you know if it’s on there then you can watch it

So you need 2 providers for the same competition? Enough is enough of this bullshit.
At the minute we have:

Sky - league
BT - europe
Premier - domestic cups

Now we are gonna need some other bunch of cowboys to watch some of our European games! No wonder people find other ways to watch football.

As if the cost of living ain’t going up enough. Fucking sick of it

Prime is a scandal, i spent 20 minutes looking through stuff to watch yesterday and everything i clicked on you had to pay extra for, at least on Disney+ you know if it’s on there then you can watch it
While I don’t think their tv content is particularly great, there is a tab specifically for “included free with prime” so you can avoid looking at things which are extra.

At the minute we have:

Sky - league
BT - europe
Premier - domestic cups

Now we are gonna need some other bunch of cowboys to watch some of our European games! No wonder people find other ways to watch football.

As if the cost of living ain’t going up enough. Fucking sick of it
RTV for league and cups abroad ;)

There is section called 'free' or 'included' which is actually pretty good

But yeah, the best stuff is an additional cost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back