Can Spurs challenge for the title this season?

They might compete for second with Liverpool as they will miss Mane hugely and talk that Salah might go too.

But City will be miles clear unless Haaland gets an injury and leaves them short up top.

Third for me, will push for a while - ultimately whilst they’ve done good business so far, city and Liverpool also stronger.

Their manager is a winner which is a huge plus. They also seem to be having a decent transfer window. However I think Man C are too far ahead of Spurs for them to win the league. Spurs could run Liverpool close with Mane gone and Sala in his last year of his contract. They might get a cup and do well in Europe.

My very first reaction was No Chance, but I suppose if Leicester can do it then why not Spurs ?

• Haha
Reactions: TN8
No chance.

They're real chance was being 5 points behind leister with 4 games to go...and drawing twice to effectively end it.

The pressure would have very much been on Leicester having to go to old Trafford and Stamford Bridge but it was too late by then.

No chance.

They're real chance was being 5 points behind leister with 4 games to go...and drawing twice to effectively end it.

The pressure would have very much been on Leicester having to go to old Trafford and Stamford Bridge but it was too late by then.
Pressure too much on Leicester? They cruised it, no bigger bottlers than spurs

Probably not no, expect it will be the 2 horse race it has been for years now but Spurs will certainly be in the next group down competing for the CL spots.

I really don’t get where all this confidence about Spurs is coming from. They only got top4 after Arsenal flung it away in the last few games.

They have some brilliant players but don’t have the squad to be within 15 points of Man City or Liverpool

Not this season but they should be comfortably third. Conte can get them even higher if backed, but at this moment, Guardiola shags everyone when it comes to domestic league dominance. He is the undisputed king of winning league titles.

City
Liverpool
Spurs
Arsenal

(Chelsea may creep in but struggling with transfers compared to the other two)

It would be great to see a Spurs challenge but it’s equally improbable.

When you have the top 2 teams losing less than 5 games over the season, in what used to be a league where anyone could beat another side on their day, then it just becomes a procession of the most monied .

We have the lower budget equivalent in Scotland but it does pose the question of whether owners of teams sitting in the top half of the table but outside of the top 2 clubs might ever look to invest elsewhere and get a better reward for their investment.

They might compete for second with Liverpool as they will miss Mane hugely and talk that Salah might go too.

But City will be miles clear unless Haaland gets an injury and leaves them short up top.
Bare in mind they've also signed Alvarez, he looks as though he'll be an excellent player for them

3rd I think.City and Liverpool are so good that it will take more than a couple of windows to close the gap that much you're competing with them for title.

No because their Spurs and they always %^*& it up because they are Spurs.

Shite bottlejob club and can't stand that meal mouthed prick Kane.

Fancy them to close the gap a good bit between City/Liverpool and the rest but can't see them winning it. Think they'll finish 3rd clear of Chelsea/Arsenal/Man United/Newcastle.

Wouldn't rule out them winning the league under Conte at some point if Conte's still there. He's an elite manager just as Klopp/Pep are.

Possibly. They have a world class coach. They do need a LOT to go their way though, with regards to injuries and players hitting the ground running.
I think worth a small wager.

They probably wont get near winning it City will be just about perfect again but they do have a very good coach, seen even money on top 4 finish on betting sites.

Highly doubt it. They will be in top four again though. I can see Chelsea challenging Man City this season. They looked good last year until injuries hit them with both full backs missing large chunks of season. I think Liverpool will struggle to replace Mane, although it will be interesting to see Nunez in the team.

No, team packed with loser mentalities. With exception of lloris (wouldn't consider him to be in top 5 keepers in world), there are few who have consistently won in their career.

That they take no interest in domestic cups and europe (unless its the CL) baffles me as well. Turn their nose up at getting a trophy under the belt and get the proverbial monkey off their back.

Back