Signing up for RTV (help needed)

Ross_

Official Ticketer
I previously had RTV on £5 a month DD - cancelled at the start of June and want to take out the annual option (to get mygers points) how can i do this? as i cant see anywhere to link my mygers number?

can anyone points me in the right direction?

Question comes up all the time. There used to be a section on RangersTV to enter your Rangers Number when taking out your subscription. It no longer exists. My belief is that it gets picked up automatically because its all part of the 'single login' process. I've tried to get other posters who've been through the process to confirm.

See post #1397 on this thread onwards:

If you want confirmation then I guess an email to mygers@rangers.co.uk might elicit an answer.

Be aware that whilst your subscription might well register with MyGers automatically, the adding of points is a manual process and can take several weeks.

It's actually a shambles that you don't get MyGers points when you pay for RTV monthly as you pay more than you would pay with the one off payment (£72 vrs £60)

It's actually a shambles that you don't get MyGers points when you pay for RTV monthly as you pay more than you would pay with the one off payment (£72 vrs £60)
They want the money up front because history shows that, if we've blown the League by New Year, folk cancel.

Question comes up all the time. There used to be a section on RangersTV to enter your Rangers Number when taking out your subscription. It no longer exists. My belief is that it gets picked up automatically because its all part of the 'single login' process. I've tried to get other posters who've been through the process to confirm.

See post #1397 on this thread onwards:

If you want confirmation then I guess an email to mygers@rangers.co.uk might elicit an answer.

Be aware that whilst your subscription might well register with MyGers automatically, the adding of points is a manual process and can take several weeks.
Interesting point you raise VB re ’single log-in’ process. When I use the internet site for Rangers.co.uk I have to use my ’general’ log-in email and password. Whilst logged-in, if I want to search for something within MyGers I have to log-in again using my Rangers number and associated password. I can appreciate that MyGers demands its own sub-set of log-in procedures, but it does seem a wee bit contradictory to suggest that within the Rangers framework it advertises as a single process when obviously it is a dual process side by side.

Interesting point you raise VB re ’single log-in’ process. When I use the internet site for Rangers.co.uk I have to use my ’general’ log-in email and password. Whilst logged-in, if I want to search for something within MyGers I have to log-in again using my Rangers number and associated password. I can appreciate that MyGers demands its own sub-set of log-in procedures, but it does seem a wee bit contradictory to suggest that within the Rangers framework it advertises as a single process when obviously it is a dual process side by side.
Yeah, should have been clearer. Its a 'partial' single login process - and the Club did acknowledge that. Tickets, for example, is still separate as far as I'm aware.

I don't think you 'need' to use your Rangers Number anywhere do you? Its an option for sure but I think your email works on all the different parts. Just that you *might* have setup Tickets with one email and password and RangersTV, for example, with a different email and/or password. I have the same email and password for all the different parts of the website - but that's because I set it up that way.

Last edited:
Yeah, should have been clearer. Its a 'partial' single login process - and the Club did acknowledge that. Tickets, for example, is still separate as far as I'm aware.

I don't think you 'need' to use your Rangers Number anywhere do you? Its an option for sure but I think your email works on all the different parts. Just that you *might* have setup Tickets with one email and password and RangersTV, for example, with a different email and password. I have the same email and password for all the different parts of the website - but that's because I set it up that way.
I've thought for ages I messed that up somehow. So it's normal to have one for login.rangers.co.uk, shop.rangers, tickets.Rangers, and Rangers-talent-sport.co.uk, even though its all the same email?

I've thought for ages I messed that up somehow. So it's normal to have one for login.rangers.co.uk, shop.rangers, tickets.Rangers, and Rangers-talent-sport.co.uk, even though its all the same email?
Can only speak from my own experience mate. I have the same login credentials for RangersTV, Tickets and the general website. However, when I login to RangersTV and then want to go to Tickets, for example, I need to login again. Always just use Guest checkout for the Shop I must admit but I expect the same applies there.

So, I'd say 'yes' in answer to your question.

One of our posters @Boab is in liaison with the club on some website issues. Maybe he might have an update on single login and how its progressing if he pops into this thread.

People would sign up for one month to get the points then cancel.

I currently do the old legacy RTV package at £17.25 a month and is the equivalent to the Worldwide. Been doing this for 3-4 years now but don’t receive any MyGers points.

Been advised I need the one off annual subscription to get the points. Pretty sure it works out to be an extra £20-30 and it’s a one off payment.

Not ideal

I currently do the old legacy RTV package at £17.25 a month and is the equivalent to the Worldwide. Been doing this for 3-4 years now but don’t receive any MyGers points.

Been advised I need the one off annual subscription to get the points. Pretty sure it works out to be an extra £20-30 and it’s a one off payment.

Not ideal
Yup, if you switch away from the legacy payment it’s going to be either £240 for the year or £24 a month.

I get stick for it on here, but I really do think it’s time for them to abandon the legacy payments now. Like you, I’ve benefitted for more than two years now. It’s time everyone was paying the same tariffs, even if it does cost me considerably more.

You’ll get no MyGers points until you are on an annual sub.

If I cancel what I’ve got at the moment and re-subscribe to RTV Unlimted in a one off payment of £240 it’s an extra £33 for the year. But basically gets you an extra 40 MyGers points.

Stick or twist

If I cancel what I’ve got at the moment and re-subscribe to RTV Unlimted in a one off payment of £240 it’s an extra £33 for the year. But basically gets you an extra 40 MyGers points.

Stick or twist
Is it not £48 more mate. 12 x £24 = £288 versus the one-off £240.

Either way, it’s basically 40 points for £48. That’s not bad.

Remember though, if you are cancelling the Standard (25 points) and switching to Unlimited (40 points) you are, effectively, paying for the difference of just 15 points @Super Ally_71

Last edited:
I’ve had an annual sub for Rangers tv for the last three seasons but no mygers points, how many are you meant to be allocated?

I re subbed yesterday annually - so what’s the thought process contact them and align email address and mygers number (they are under the same email address) or will they contact me?

I re subbed yesterday annually - so what’s the thought process contact them and align email address and mygers number (they are under the same email address) or will they contact me?
See post #3. Should be picked up at the Rangers end. Points will take a while to reflect on MyGers though as they are added manually.

Hopefully its that simple :) i have my doubts - will keep this thread posted one way or another.
It would be a rare thing if anything Rangers-related worked like clockwork mate but it seems to have panned out for the guy above. I'd say your sub yesterday was too late for today's MyGers update so might not now show until the October update.:(

Could maybe wait a few weeks and if it doesn't show (maybe in your payment history?) then drop them an email when things quieten down a bit.

Yup, if you switch away from the legacy payment it’s going to be either £240 for the year or £24 a month.

I get stick for it on here, but I really do think it’s time for them to abandon the legacy payments now. Like you, I’ve benefitted for more than two years now. It’s time everyone was paying the same tariffs, even if it does cost me considerably more.

You’ll get no MyGers points until you are on an annual sub.
I think the problem with legacy accounts is there was no t and Cs to say they could increase the charges so that's why they have left it and then maybe not included monthly payments from getting mygers points to try and get you to move.

Understand monthly you could cancel but they could make you wait until of your yearly period before giving out points if they really wanted to which is why I think they trying to get people to move

I think the problem with legacy accounts is there was no t and Cs to say they could increase the charges so that's why they have left it and then maybe not included monthly payments from getting mygers points to try and get you to move.

Understand monthly you could cancel but they could make you wait until of your yearly period before giving out points if they really wanted to which is why I think they trying to get people to move
Don't think it would need to be covered in the Ts & Cs mate. They'd simply need to say 'at the next annual (or monthly) renewal the cost will rise to £240 (£24) and it will auto-renew. If you don't wish to renew then cancel and your sub will expire at the renewal date.'

Don't think it would need to be covered in the Ts & Cs mate. They'd simply need to say 'at the next annual (or monthly) renewal the cost will rise to £240 (£24) and it will auto-renew. If you don't wish to renew then cancel and your sub will expire at the renewal date.'
You could be right mate but if it was as easy as that and they could get some more money out the fans I'm sure they would or there worried some fans would go no thanks and just cancel and they would lose more than they gain

I'm maybe just becoming more and more Sinical though lol

You could be right mate but if it was as easy as that and they could get some more money out the fans I'm sure they would or there worried some fans would go no thanks and just cancel and they would lose more than they gain

I'm maybe just becoming more and more Sinical though lol
I'm actually astonished that we've now been on Legacy payments for almost 2 and a half years.

Great for us, of course, but looking at it from the perspective of someone who subscribed after Feb 20 it is grossly unfair that they are paying £24 a month to our £17.25 a month.

Not sure when the increase to £17.25 a year came in but it was a long, long time ago - possibly pre-Admin. We've had our 'reward' for being early subscribers IMHO and its time we were all 'equals'. Not a popular view, of course, amongst us 'old timers'.

I'm actually astonished that we've now been on Legacy payments for almost 2 and a half years.

Great for us, of course, but looking at it from the perspective of someone who subscribed after Feb 20 it is grossly unfair that they are paying £24 a month to our £17.25 a month.

Not sure when the increase to £17.25 a year came in but it was a long, long time ago - possibly pre-Admin. We've had our 'reward' for being early subscribers IMHO and its time we were all 'equals'. Not a popular view, of course, amongst us 'old timers'.
Hopefully they don't. Since i don't get any benefit room being in mygers guess will just have to tell myself this is my reward lol

Hopefully they don't. Since i don't get any benefit room being in mygers guess will just have to tell myself this is my reward lol
Ha ha, as an 'exile' in Wales its brilliant for me. I get to see virtually every game I want and even watch any B Team and Womens Team games now as well. Brilliant! If I still lived near you then probably not so much (grew up in Lanark, left more than 40 years ago).

Ha ha, as an 'exile' in Wales its brilliant for me. I get to see virtually every game I want and even watch any B Team and Womens Team games now as well. Brilliant! If I still lived near you then probably not so much (grew up in Lanark, left more than 40 years ago).
Small world obviously down the road from lanark now which is were I was brought up and when I lived down south for a period was on the Welsh border in Chester.

Got my season ticket but this allows me to see the away game

Small world obviously down the road from lanark now which is were I was brought up and when I lived down south for a period was on the Welsh border in Chester.

Got my season ticket but this allows me to see the away game
Small world indeed. I'm in Anglesey now, not a million miles from Chester ha ha.:)

Sorry to hijack the thread but I’m near Mold. North Wales Loyal RSC
Probably about an hour and a half from me mate. Think the North Wales Loyal are up your way. Can find them on Facebook if you don’t know them already.

EDIT: Wasn’t sure if you were referring to the RSC or just your location ha ha.:) On second reading obviously the latter.

I’ve had an annual sub for Rangers tv for the last three seasons but no mygers points, how many are you meant to be allocated?
Same here.

Well I think that's the case as I'm not exactly sure where to get confirmation of RTV mygers points added?

When I’m looking at Rtv is just showing standard £60 annual how do I select unlimited?!

I received this email 2 days after purchasing annual rtv

Thank you for your subscription to RangersTV.

You have received this email, because you purchased an annual subscription to RangersTV. This purchase is eligible for MyGers points. If you are not a MyGers member then the below message can be ignored.

Due to a change in the way that data is captured between RangersTV and the MyGers membership platform, we have not have been notified of your MyGers number.

To ensure you are correctly allocated your MyGers points for RTV in the upcoming points update, please fill out the form linked below before 09:00am on Monday the 20th of June.

Thank you.

When I’m looking at Rtv is just showing standard £60 annual how do I select unlimited?!
You won't see the overseas Unlimited package offered for purchase unless you are overseas - or using a VPN to appear to be overseas.

You can still use UK address, UK credit card etc - just need to be 'abroad' in order to purchase and, of course, to view live matches.

I received this email 2 days after purchasing annual rtv

Thank you for your subscription to RangersTV.

You have received this email, because you purchased an annual subscription to RangersTV. This purchase is eligible for MyGers points. If you are not a MyGers member then the below message can be ignored.

Due to a change in the way that data is captured between RangersTV and the MyGers membership platform, we have not have been notified of your MyGers number.

To ensure you are correctly allocated your MyGers points for RTV in the upcoming points update, please fill out the form linked below before 09:00am on Monday the 20th of June.

Thank you.
Thanks for that. Anyone who joined for the first time recently and hasn't had said email - possibly went into your Junk folder - should email mygers@rangers.co.uk and try and get it sorted.

Is there a MyGers discount for Rangers TV annual standard? Or same £60 as everyone else
New subs to RangersTV only. Basically you get a free trial month. Ignore the bit about entering your Rangers Number, it's out of date - as this thread shows. From the FAQ:

How can I redeem my 30 days free trial and 10% off an annual RTV standard subscription discount?

The details of how to obtain your 30 days free trial and subsequent discount will be contained within the welcome email you will receive from the Club. MyGers Members will receive this email within 24 hours of receiving their payment confirmation email.

If you have not received a copy of the Welcome E-mail, please e-mail the team at mygers@rangers.co.uk who will be happy to provide you with the discounted link.

Please note that to use the offer, MyGers Members must create an account with RTV. During registration, you will be asked to enter your Rangers Number.

This benefit is available to new RTV subscriptions only and cannot be applied to current subscriptions.

Back