Home kit available from 24th of June

I ordered a home top and a non-Rangers Castore hoody on Friday. I contacted them yesterday and got a reply back today saying that they're taking up to 10 working days to ship orders. I got back to them asking them to confirm that my order will be fulfilled as they have a habit of cancelling items that have been ordered and paid for, but they haven't replied to that (yet).

Is that not generally the case with pre-orders, you're rewarded by receiving goods early because you've pre-ordered?
I certainly remember it being a selling point with our kits in the past.

The day we're not with Castore still can't come soon enough for me.
Mentioned this myself the other day. When I was growing up you’d pre-order it and it would arrive the day before/day of release.

Seems to, oddly, no longer be an option for us.

Mentioned this myself the other day. When I was growing up you’d pre-order it and it would arrive the day before/day of release.

Seems to, oddly, no longer be an option for us.

Was it last year or the year before that those who pre ordered got it after those who just bought on the day of release?

Finally got my castore despatch email, I ordered from castore rather than Rangers as someone said they used royal mail. So I might have it tomorrow.

What excuses are being thrown out by Castore now? Is there another pandemic somewhere they can hide behind?

I ordered mine on release day just before 8am, was meant to get on Tuesday but finally got it yesterday, tried it on fits good so it's straight into the suitcase for taking on holiday.

Is that not generally the case with pre-orders, you're rewarded by receiving goods early because you've pre-ordered?
I certainly remember it being a selling point with our kits in the past.

The day we're not with Castore still can't come soon enough for me.
Pre ordered my kids full Liverpool kits from LFC store they arrived 2 days early. That’s what I call proper service. Castore are amateurs. We better not sign up with them once the contract is out. They can’t cope with the size of our club.

Just ordered home top there off Rangers store website and the delivery charge is free opposed to the usual £6.50 charge.

Do Rangers sell white shorts with pockets?

I've had a look on the website but can't see anything.

I had a pair of white Umbro shorts from about 10 years ago that had pockets (one of them even had a zip!) that was ideal for wearing with a shirt when you're out and about but can't see anything now.

I'm not one to bash Castore about absolutely everything.

But for people to have not received the home top yet is shocking.

Should realistically receive it 2-3 days after ordering. That's fair.
£172 worth of stuff ordered a week ago from Castore, still no movement on it, beginning to think they’ll cancel it tbh.

What excuses are being thrown out by Castore now? Is there another pandemic somewhere they can hide behind?
They've struggled for two years to keep up with the demand with a club like ours but yet they've gone out and added more and more clubs to their client base. They are absolute amateurs.

I know folk who ordered straightaway and are still waiting on it, as well as folk who ordered on Monday and have it already.
Pretty poor service. Looks like Castore haven't changed since day 1.

I'm not one to bash Castore about absolutely everything.

But for people to have not received the home top yet is shocking.

Should realistically receive it 2-3 days after ordering. That's fair.
Should have been a lengthy pre order, allow them to get all orders sorted and sent out a day or 2 before a pre planned release date. Not the way we seem to do it as a club now. Announce on twitter the day before that you can buy in store and on line the following morning. They've obviously had the top for a while as it's got Sportemongo on the back so no reason not to announce at the start of June for a pre order

Can’t get my boy the new socks for love nor money. As a kid early 80s I remember getting my new Umbro kit in a yellow box with the socks, shorts and top in it. Fast forward forty years and you can only buy the top and if you are lucky the shorts.

Don’t know how to post pictures or I would of the early 80s umbro kits box.

Castore - Embarrassing.

Can’t get my boy the new socks for love nor money. As a kid early 80s I remember getting my new Umbro kit in a yellow box with the socks, shorts and top in it. Fast forward forty years and you can only buy the top and if you are lucky the shorts.

Embarrassing.

Havent been able to get socks for the past few strips for my son.

Should have been a lengthy pre order, allow them to get all orders sorted and sent out a day or 2 before a pre planned release date. Not the way we seem to do it as a club now. Announce on twitter the day before that you can buy in store and on line the following morning. They've obviously had the top for a while as it's got Sportemongo on the back so no reason not to announce at the start of June for a pre order

Yeah it's a strange one.

They don't have the excuses of the COVID season anymore. The deal has been running on normal timeframes for a couple of seasons. No reason for them not to have the logistics in place by now.

Cousin mentioned the arms he’s a collector and got his today. He said the body is a tighter fit than the third kit , but the arms are designed as if it’s to fit an Orang-Utan.

He doesn’t care as he won’t wear it, but I think we all just look forward to the day we have a proper kit manufacturer be it umbro, adidas, Nike or whoever.
If he’s not going to wear it would be not be better waiting till the end of the season and getting it cheap?

I ordered on the 18th June

1 kids orange strip (age2-3)
1 orange top
1 coaches bench Jack
1 1/4 zip

Had nothing apart from the confirmation email of order - still says unfulfilled in my account history as well - that’s been nearly 2 weeks.

Ordered from castore on Saturday.

Not been dispatched yet

Ordered from castore following Tuesday and delivered yesterday

Castore in a nutshell.

Their warehouse must be absolute chaos.

I’ve had a response from them and they’ve given me a tracking number. No movement on the parcel since Wednesday, still at the warehouse.

So basically it’s packed and ready but not sent.

Shambles

Ordered last Friday morning around 9am still haven't received a dispatch email

Honestly Castore are pathetic

Cousin mentioned the arms he’s a collector and got his today. He said the body is a tighter fit than the third kit , but the arms are designed as if it’s to fit an Orang-Utan.

He doesn’t care as he won’t wear it, but I think we all just look forward to the day we have a proper kit manufacturer be it umbro, adidas, Nike or whoever.
Your cousin collects arms?

Likely been mentioned but I just had a nosey at Newcastle’s online store.

The training & outerwear sections are non-football Castore clobber. Not a single Newcastle training top etc.

So their service on the face of it doesn’t look to be any better than ours.

Ordered last Friday morning around 9am still haven't received a dispatch email

Honestly Castore are pathetic

From what I can see anyone who ordered on the Friday has got nothing. If you ordered any other day you’ve probably had your goods.

Last edited:
Just wait until our deal nears the end. We’ll no doubt sign an extension.

I’ve not ordered from Castore since I ordered the 150th anniversary shirt and they sent me a cheap long sleeve top instead. Took over a month for full refund.

They are useless.

I ordered the home kit on 24th for me and the 2 kids and still not heard anything about dispatch, also made a return of a top from before Seville and still haven’t received the money

It sums them up taking on more and more teams across many sports and they can’t even get the basics right.

The £6 on top of the £180 order for delivery every time is a joke as well. I would be happy to pay it if the stuff was for next day delivery but it usually takes about 10 days to arrive

Back