Never gets old Alex Miller screamer

bloo1872

Popped up on my youttube. Made even better by Wille Johnston's piss take at the shy.

This is in the big bucket of games I was too wee to have been at, but that Rangers end looks magnificent and brings memories of my first few visits to the sty.

My auld pops was there.

Last edited:
Popped up on my youttube. Made even better by Wille Johnston's piss take at the shy.

This is in the big bucket of games I was too wee to have been at, but that Rangers end looks magnificent and brings memories of my first few visits to the sty.

My first ever visit to the stadium da gadd

The celebrations when that hit the net were absolute mayhem!

Although obviously the moment that game is remembered for, on the way home we were all talking about how good our new signing Jim Bett was. A few over excited older guys were comparing him to Baxter!

The celebrations when that hit the net were absolute mayhem!

Although obviously the moment that game is remembered for, on the way home we were all talking about how good our new signing Jim Bett was. A few over excited older guys were comparing him to Baxter!
Cooper and Bett were my favourites back then when my auld man asked me. We were sh*te and I'd listen to my Da and Papa wax lyrical about the teddies and all I had to go on was the cup finals every year:)

Then the magnificent b*stard arrived. Imagine we had Walters on the right now:D I always seemed tobe in the wee bit in the away end, London Road on the ticket as opposed to Janefield.

Last edited:
Not in those highlights but I'm sure they got a goal disallowed for offside that they moaned about for weeks afterwards. We weren't allowed to beat them even back then without it turning into a refereeing conspiracy.

1st time I was at the sty and we won.
Great dat!

My memories of humping then in the sty back then are of the bears staying in that away end for ages singing (not forced for young uns reading). Three-quarters of the stadium left spewing while the bears went potty.

Hey T*ms we're having a party. We'll be singing, dancing and swinging.
We're going to celebrate, we're going to cel, we're going to celebrate

Miller is like aye that was good whilst the bears are pulling eyebrows of each other in deliirium.

Not the player you would think of to score a last minute screamer against that mob. Although his record from the penalty spot was decent.
Wee Bud taking the piss out of Provan who’s trying to act like a dick in front of their support.
A wonderful day.

That was payback for the cup final just 3 months before.
My old man came in the door that night at half 10, gave me a programme from the game and a badge he’d bought me outside the Rangers end……then lifted his piece bag and went out on the night shift.✊

He could hold his drink though, even though he’d been on it all day he was rock solid, the old Protestant work ethic, even after doing the Tims at the Piggery.

Different times.

First time i seen us win at the piggery we were just at the mesh divider at the jungle giving it big get it up yees
Second game where super stole fergies goal i gave a guy ÂŁ30 for his ticket in the pub on the Friday night and he kind of laughed at me for paying over the odds for the ticket although he was a bit sheepish come the Saturday night
Both were great days and nights

That was payback for the cup final just 3 months before.
My old man came in the door that night at half 10, gave me a programme from the game and a badge he’d bought me outside the Rangers end……then lifted his piece bag and went out on the night shift.✊

He could hold his drink though, even though he’d been on it all day he was rock solid, the old Protestant work ethic, even after doing the Tims at the Piggery.

Different times.

proper auld school. I'm dreading Monday on Saturday, auld bastardd.

Great goal.

Off topic but there are many of their players on show that cemented my hatred of them. Burns & Provan to name just two.

I was there. Great memories. The Rangers end was absolutely packed. There must have been 15 or 20K in there alone.

Remthere was a spit second between the ball hitting the net and the celebration. I don't think anyone could quite belive it. By the time we regained our senses the game had finished and the players had gone off.

My first victory at the piggery too. Had been to a good few before that with no joy.

My auld pops was there.
So was I.
Burning hot day as well.
I seem to remember they got a penalty claim overturned after the ref spoke with the linesman at the Jungle side. B-DB-D

My auld pops was there.
Remember it well for two reasons, viewed full on to see the screamer from the moment it left his boot. The second is unbelievable but 100% true, my uncle in his late fifties who was completely Tee Total, was waving his hands in celebration, when a quarter bottle of whisky, fell into his out stretched hand. For anyone reading this must think, he’s at it, to this day I can clearly remember the goal and the whisky incident as though it was yesterday.
p.s. another uncle downed the quarter bottle in celebration!

Was there also. Danced all the way home to Tom Hark much to the amusement of the bus driver. Met Bud a few years ago and thanked him for the memory. We hadn’t won there for ages. Brilliant day.

Was there, right in line with the shot still entwined in my memory banks to this day, Delirium in the Gers end as we didnt pick up to many victories there at that time.

First time I saw us win there second time was the second video posted , too many narrow defeats and stupid draws in between.
The ball left Millers foot and there was a split second after it hit the net before everyone went mental :))

Was there that day.Watching the vid again did anyone else notice the guy seated slightly behind the back of the goal giving it up big style when the ball hit the net?

Back