Andy Goram. 1964 - 2022. RIP The Goalie

Nobody can ever claim to be as good as the Goalie. Best I’ve ever seen. I’d have him in goals over any other goalkeeper that there has been. Way too young to die.

Rest in peace. What a life lived, a legend and the memories we all have. An instrumental character in the history of our club.

I met him about 10 years ago in Alstons in Central. Met him at the bar. Bought him a drink and we chatted for about 10 minutes. Just talked football.

Super stopper Goram denied his title chasing Celts with a string of wonder saves.

He locked out superb efforts from Andreas Thom and Phil O'Donnell as the live TV derby at Parkhead ended goal-less.

Burns sighed: "When I pass away you can put it on my tombstone `Goram broke my heart'.”

"I've nothing but admiration for someone like that - but I have a contract out on him, right enough!”

"He’s probably the best goalkeeper I’ve ever seen."

I realise this refers to a different game than the clip but I immediately thought of Burns’ complimentary words.

You made a big impact, one we will never forget as such great memories will live with us, RIP

What a terrible year it's been for losses of some of our greatest servants. RIP Andy Goram, for me the best Rangers goalie ever.

God bless Goalie.

Some of my best memories at Ibrox were watching your immense saves especially against them.

Thanks Andy.

WATP

Super stopper Goram denied his title chasing Celts with a string of wonder saves.

He locked out superb efforts from Andreas Thom and Phil O'Donnell as the live TV derby at Parkhead ended goal-less.

Burns sighed: "When I pass away you can put it on my tombstone `Goram broke my heart'.”

"I've nothing but admiration for someone like that - but I have a contract out on him, right enough!”

"He’s probably the best goalkeeper I’ve ever seen."

I realise this refers to a different game than the clip but I immediately thought of Burns’ complimentary words.
A fantastic tribute from an arch rival

Back