Ronaldo asks to leave Man U

Maybe just trying to get them to pull the finger out and sign some players ?

His ego is too big to take the drop in level to America or the Middle East.

I don’t think this becomes public unless he has something solid lined up. Bayern would be my guess, as the replacement for Lewandowski

It was never going to be the happy homecoming everyone wanted...But tbf to CR7 he still scored a decent amount considering how much of a basket case United are...

I think in a good team he would easily bang them in for a few more years, as a neutral I would love to see him at PSG linking up with Messi, it would be absolutely Hollywood!!

Probably the right decision, at 37 he shouldn't be responsible for carrying a shite Man Utd team into the top 4 next season. United fans should be grateful he rescued them from mid table mediocrity last season.

Can't fault the guys ambition either.

Wee weirdo Messi fanboys out in force with this one.

Honestly after Ten Hag joining straight after his contract ended with Ajax..

If the club hadnt got me my targets in by my first preseason game at the club..

If im Ten Hag im following him also out that door.. club will be the end of him at this rate.. theres a reason Van Der Sar didnt fancy it imo..........

Showed his bollocks did Ronaldo just going back to there imo.. fair play to him..

He won't go to America. It'll be a team playing in the Champions League: Bayern, Real Madrid, Sporting Lisbon, PSG if Messi leaves or Chelsea if any of them want him.

Probably the right decision, at 37 he shouldn't be responsible for carrying a shite Man Utd team into the top 4 next season. United fans should be grateful he rescued them from mid table mediocrity last season.

Yer “man” Ronaldo should be in jail ffs ;)

His ego is too big to take the drop in level to America or the Middle East.

I don’t think this becomes public unless he has something solid lined up. Bayern would be my guess, as the replacement for Lewandowski

I don't think it's ego. Like the Andy Murray's of this world, there's a genuine belief he has at least another year in him and can really play at the highest level.

More importantly, and as I said before, the Cristiano Ronaldo brand just doesn't lend itself to the Europa League. If they made the UCL again this conversation wouldn't be happening. But how can you sell boxer shorts, aftershaves, sunglasses etc. when you aren't associated with the elite yourself?

He's still one of the most physically fit footballers on the planet, he'd be a starter in any side. I suspect he'll probably go and finish his career at Sporting, failing that, the MLS.

Still say Messi is better tbh and the greatest ever, it's all personal opinions I know, but I've seen Messi do things on a football pitch that just shouldn't be possible, but again just my personal opinion .

Never been his biggest fan but I don’t blame him. He will believe he is capable of playing Champions League for a few more seasons and will want to play at the highest level before retiring. Can’t see him going to America or somewhere like that to wind down.

Still say Messi is better tbh and the greatest ever, it's all personal opinions I know, but I've seen Messi do things on a football pitch that just shouldn't be possible, but again just my personal opinion .

I would probably agree, just.

I appreciate both players unlike some wee weans on here who wank themselves over one or the other.

The guy is 37 and still acting like he is in his prime. Was obvious that the days of teams basing their attack around him are gone.
Wouldn't surprise me if he rocks up in the middle east or China.
Do people still move to China?

Be interesting to see who comes in for him.

He's still one of the most physically fit footballers on the planet, he'd be a starter in any side. I suspect he'll probably go and finish his career at Sporting, failing that, the MLS.
If that were true then United wouldn’t have been the only club willing to pay up for him. I mean that statement was probably true a few years ago, but not now. That long barren spell mid-season is where United’s season fell apart, and realistically his net impact was negative at that time. Couldn’t finish, couldn’t pass, couldn’t run, and seemed to spend most of his time berating younger players and trying to get sent off.

Maybe I shouldn’t say anymore though, the wee man’s already spitting feathers a bit further up. Best to ignore reality.

The guy is 37 and still acting like he is in his prime. Was obvious that the days of teams basing their attack around him are gone.

Do people still move to China?

Be interesting to see who comes in for him.
How many goals did he score last season past his prime?

Wouldn't surprise me if he rocks up in the middle east or China.
37 in Ronaldo years is like 27 for everyone else.

The man is Rolls Royce. He’ll be at the World Cup this year and in four years’ time. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him win another CL medal between World Cups too.

No real surprise. Excellent goal record but if he wasn't scoring he wasn't really doing anything, anything at all. No top class team like Madrid/City/Liverpool have a Ronaldo type figure they need to do extra work for. Thought his overall individual performances were really poor as well.

He had a good end to the season but Jan-March he was terrible and scored once. Toughest part of the season and he was nowhere to be seen.

He’s always said that he wants to return to Sporting for at least a year at the end of his career.

He must be reaching that stage?

Bayern are favourites to sign him which doesn’t make much sense from their point of view.

Chelsea second favourites which sounds like something which could happen.

Maybe the new manager told him he’s not guaranteed a start or similar & he’s not having it.
New manager probably knows he needs to stamp his authority over the dressing room and Ronaldo is probably too big an aura to have around while being past his peak.

You'd assume Bayern if Lewandowski is away.

Then once he's done there he'll have made it in most of the big leagues in the world and I think it'll be back to Sporting and then retired.

No because his agent went and played silly buggers and told United that city were interested which forced United todo what United do best and panic .. moment City found out they were being used as bargaining chip they backed out. If he wanted a move to a strikerless city he could of had it. Which is my opinion obviously not fact
I'm more inclined to believe City trolled United over the whole saga.
Ronaldo is the absolute opposite of what Guardiola wants as a player, especially a forward.
I don't think for a minute they were genuinely wanting him.

Some people will think that Ronaldo is being a prick, and perhaps he is. However, Man Utd are an absolute mess and he wasn't going to turn it around no matter whether he though he could or not. Man Utd are going to be part of a big rebuild and it is probably going to be years, if they get things right, before they're back challenging for anything.

Ronaldo has made it clear he wants the next couple of years at least playing Champions League football. So, I can't really blame him for wanting to move on and I am assuming he covered this when signing on with them.

I reckon Rangers would be a good fit for him. He'll need to pay most of his own wages and fees mind you but it would be good fun for him.

Other than that I can't see where he would go. PSG is an option but he wants to win the Champions League I am guessing and they could spend £40bn and still not win it. Don't know what it is. He could go back to Madrid but I am not even sure they'd want him back now. Could we see him doing a massive dirty and giving Man City a go?

Back