The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has an influence in the board room so yes close enough and could be greater if he decides to. (Which he might who know)

In any board room situation they all have an influence there's not one guy making the decisions.

He's as close as anyone can be with the current situation.
Quit when you're losing mate.

He doesn't own us and he doesn't run us. That was the one and only point.

If Aribo won’t sign an extension we have to sell him this summer

He’s been a great asset and I’ll miss him but we need the money

We defo need a sell on clause as if he does well in EPL he will attract a much bigger club

If Aribo won’t sign an extension we have to sell him this summer

He’s been a great asset and I’ll miss him but we need the money

We defo need a sell on clause as if he does well in EPL he will attract a much bigger club
If he’s had a release clause agreed, do you think our negotiators would have said “okay, but we want x of the profit from his next move”?

I am really surprised at the amount of posters that would happily lose Aribo.

I would be really disappointed to lose him as he has consistently been one of our best players
Not happily, but he’s the player, along with Kamara, that we can replace most readily.

I would be really disappointed to lose him as he has consistently been one of our best players

I think opinion might be slightly shaded by the fact that his levels noticably dropped post AFCON and as the season wore on, he was quite clearly becoming burnt out. Which is understandable given the sheer amount of games the guy pit under his belt, highest in Europe which is quite the stat. First half of the season he was head and shoulders the best player in the country.

Also, the contract situation is key. If he was willing to sign for another 3 or 4 years then I'm pretty sure most would be happy with that. But it doesn't look like he is and we simply can't afford to lose him next year for hee-haw so it makes business sense to take the rumoured 10 mil for him now, even if it is only around half his true value.

Best of luck to him if he goes. Gave us plenty of quality moments and thoroughly enjoyed watching him strut his stuff while he was here, easily in the top 10 most naturally skillful players I've seen pull on the blue jersey in my lifetime. I think a mid level epl club like Palace or Southampton would be a good fit for him at this stage in his career and I hope he rips it up down there and earns himself a bigger move in a few years time. Top lad is big silky Joe.

There’s not much else we can do re: Joe. He’s got a release clause and doesn’t look like he’s keen to sign a new deal. I wouldn’t happily lose him but we may have to facilitate new signings.

aids.gif
You're like the Madonna of GIFs.

Is the Aribo release clause actually true? Must have missed that among the amount of crap that’s been posted in last and this thread

I don’t think anyone wants to lose Aribo but unless he signs a contract extension we have too

That goes for any of the others who are entering last year with a sell on value

Jordan Campbell’s “refresh rather than rebuild” article from the beginning of the window (which IIRC was the first of what has become a series of attempts by the club to inform / temper fans’ expectations about transfer activity in this window) mentioned that:

“[Gio] does not have a big pot to dip his hands into this summer, there is understood to be cash to spend on a fee for a key first-team starter, while the Bosman market will again be one that they look to find value in” and that “a second major transfer fee may require a meaningful sale”

This has me wondering if Colak, at c. £2m, can realistically be viewed as the “key first-team starter” for whom funds were already available. Somehow I suspect not, given that the bulk of his fee will be covered by Itten’s sale.

On that basis I would expect a “major” fee (say, £3-5m) to be spent on a starting-quality player regardless of whether or not we sell Aribo or any other assets. That being the case, my suspicion is that the club will already be working on that signing and - as is always the case these days - doing everything it can to keep it under wraps. I for one hope it’s the goal-scoring RW that we have all craved for god knows how long now!

I’ll be gutted when Aribo goes.

He offers so much. He’s an all round player. Great control.
Can beat a man.
What a touch.
Goal threat.
Also wins a lot of front post headers at corners leading to chances/goals.

Will be a massive loss.

I agree with you.

I accept that we need to sell him if he’s not extending, but Joe Aribo can be very proud of his service to our club.

And I’ll never ever forget his face when he scored in Seville. He was delirious.

Quit when you're losing mate.

He doesn't own us and he doesn't run us. That was the one and only point.
You're saying you dont want Hong Kong owning and running the club. I'll accept there's no full ownership however Julian Wolhardt owns shares and is on our board.

He owns a a decent % and on the board therefore has a say in the running of the club. As I said it's close enough.

Combine that with Stuart Gibson who earned his money in HK and there's more than enough involvement in our club from HK

I’ll be gutted when Aribo goes.

He offers so much. He’s an all round player. Great control.
Can beat a man.
What a touch.
Goal threat.
Also wins a lot of front post headers at corners leading to chances/goals.

Will be a massive loss.
Yep he definitely has the ability to do all of that. If he actually fulfills his potential it would be Liverpool or Man City looking at him.
He can be the most frustrating player I've ever seen.

I know Aribo has a year to go on his contract but would love to see us get another year out of him as I think there's so much more to come from him. Think a full season as a 10 he would get more goals but he's been versatile in his time here he's never really nailed a certain position down.

Don't see him going to a Southampton but if Palace make a bid for him then yeah given he's a London boy he would move on.

You're saying you dont want Hong Kong owning and running the club. I'll accept there's no full ownership however Julian Wolhardt owns shares and is on our board.

He owns a a decent % and on the board therefore has a say in the running of the club. As I said it's close enough.

Combine that with Stuart Gibson who earned his money in HK and there's more than enough involvement in our club from HK
Not for quitting are you.

For the third and last time. You wrote 'too late' to my point when i said i do not want Hong Kong private equity investors owning and running us (after a rumoured takeover). You were wrong, the reason you were wrong is because Hong Kong investors do not own or run us. We have investors on board, and they may part own us like every other shareholder does, no one is disputing that.

But Hong Kong investors to not own or run us in the way i was suggesting. Which means it is not in fact 'too late'.

I agree with you.

I accept that we need to sell him if he’s not extending, but Joe Aribo can be very proud of his service to our club.

And I’ll never ever forget his face when he scored in Seville. He was delirious.
No matter where he goes he won’t top that moment.

Or the feeling at the end of the Leipzig game at Ibrox.

Not for quitting are you.

For the third and last time. You wrote 'too late' to my point when i said i do not want Hong Kong private equity investors owning and running us. You were wrong, the reason you were wrong is because Hong Kong investors do not own or run us. We have investors on board, and they may part own us like every other shareholder does, no one is disputing that.

But Hong Kong investors to not own or run us in the way i was suggesting.
Like I said full ownership isn't there I know.

We still have HK ownership and at the moment HK looks like our only source of fresh investment. I appreciate you're saying you dont want but if its good enough for now then it's good enough later.

We'll obviously not agree, I think it's too late in regards to running the club as they already have a say in day to day running you disagree as its not fully them. I'll agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back