The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is weird seeing folk constantly say 'we need genuine quality to progress' 'no more squad fillers' up pops Ferguson name and we should sign him when he's no better than what we already have.
You're ruling out Ferguson, at 22, becoming a better player?

Lewis Ferguson for £2.5m isn't a bad price (I don't think we are in for him, I think it's someone at the wind up), he splits opinion amongst our fan base but he would be a solid enough option in the middle, and one who contributes goals (11 last season).

I am not suggesting we should, I think our ambitions reach far higher than Lewis Ferguson, just saying that £2.5m for the lad is not a bad price.

I hope we do get Lewis Ferguson in, I rather the gamble of getting him and selling him on if he doesn’t match up to his potential than letting him go down south and never being able to afford him.

Our last 2 title winning campaigns we’ve had at least 4 central forwards contributing.

2020/21: Morelos, Roofe, Defoe, Itten

2010/11: Miller, Jelavic, Lafferty, Naismith, Diouf, Healy, Beattie. (Fair do's they didnt contribute a great deal, although Diouf scored an important goal vs Killie and Healy halfed Forrest a belter at Parkhead) but they were always options.

(I know we played 2 up top under Walter)

So where are we today? Been avoidijg this thread.

I presume Colak is nearly there and Aribo is away?

As would I and he's worth that money. Jack doesn't manage every game and Kamara is a candidate to be sold. Davis is 37. Ferguson has great experience for a guy of his age and is physically ready to go straight into our squad. And he's Scottish.
If he had an exotic name the attitude towards him would be different. He has almost 200 senior games by the age of 22. Not saying he’s a world beater but he still has plenty of room to be improved even further as he’s still young

I think Roofe needs replaced if he stays or not.

He is not a player that can be relied on between his disciplinary and injury record and being unavailable because he is away playing for Jamaica.

Best thing would be is to sell him and replace him with someone who is not injury prone.
Roofe has a disciplinary record?

You know things are getting desperate again when the Lewis Ferguson chat rears its ugly head.
I don't want him either. However, I was at a Hamilton Accies presentation by their academy director who said he is far and away the best footballer they ever produced. That includes McArthur and McCarthy. He thinks he is EPL material. Not sure I agree but he obviously knows Ferguson better than you or I.

My own view is he is neither as good as some would have us believe, nor as bad as others.

He might improve to the point where in the next year or so when Davis and Arfield are gone and become an option.

As I said, not for me though.

Ferguson would improve here. Would he improve our starting 11 in a year or two, maybe, depending on who leaves, and who comes in between now and then. A squad player for 2.5 mill? Doubt it's a goer.

Could get better and should get better for now, given the scouting system we've built.

Basing this on 1 of our players and lewis ferguson i cant understand why the hate for rangers to sign him is coming from. Stephen kelly is the same age and ferguson has played 130 spl games than him. Im not saying we should sign him btw but people need to get real here. They turned there noses up at mcginn and look how that went.

You're ruling out Ferguson, at 22, becoming a better player?

Who is he better than from our current options available to us? Our midfield needs a player that can either go box to box or play as a 10 and score goals which his stats are massively propped up with penalties. 13 of his last 20 league goals have been penalties as were 10 of his 16 goals last season.

I would genuinely rather bring through someone like Charlie McCann, Alex Lowry or Cole Mckinnon than spend £2.5m on him. Only reason I would sign him is for the news we would get about transfers off his dad or uncle to help save the winter transfer thread in January.

Will he offer more than Itten? Can never be sure but I'm 95% sure he will. So we have improved that part of squad. If he can be a 10/15 goal squad player for us that's something we've lacked from that role.
Hopefully he can take some of the burden away from Roofe and Morelos. Personally I would sell Roofe as he can’t stay fit but that’s just my opinion. I would like us to be signing players that can challenge straight for starting spots.

See when someone says that a signing is going to be announced, pending an agreement, is that not actually saying that something will be announced if it happens? I look forward to announcing my pending lottery win next week.

I don't want him either. However, I was at a Hamilton Accies presentation by their academy director who said he is far and away the best footballer they ever produced. That includes McArthur and McCarthy. He thinks he is EPL material. Not sure I agree but he obviously knows Ferguson better than you or I.

My own view is he is neither as good as some would have us believe, nor as bad as others.

He might improve to the point where in the next year or so when Davis and Arfield are gone and become an option.

As I said, not for me though.
The teams linked from abroad if true suggest he's better than many think. Jack signing was questioned by many at the time.

Who is he better than from our current options available to us? Our midfield needs a player that can either go box to box or play as a 10 and score goals which his stats are massively propped up with penalties. 13 of his last 20 league goals have been penalties as were 10 of his 16 goals last season.

I would genuinely rather bring through someone like Charlie McCann, Alex Lowry or Cole Mckinnon than spend £2.5m on him. Only reason I would sign him is for the news we would get about transfers off his dad or uncle to help save the winter transfer thread in January.
I just think he has something about him, and he would be a very commited player. Has he reached his peak, would he improve here? Who knows, but it would be highly surprising if he hasn't ever been on our radar. If it worked, the fans here would love him.

Folk talk about £2.5m for a 22yr old player as of its a lot of money. If we aren't capable of shopping in the £2-3m market then we are in trouble. Wages would be fair, likely to sign on for 4-5yrs and likely to jump in value just by featuring for us and likely getting euro and international experience.

As an investment it's really not too much.

Hopefully he can take some of the burden away from Roofe and Morelos. Personally I would sell Roofe as he can’t stay fit but that’s just my opinion. I would like us to be signing players that can challenge straight for starting spots.
Roofe is 1 of the high earners . His injury record means he's a luxury that stuck in confines of Scottish football can't be justified for me.

Folk talk about £2.5m for a 22yr old player as of its a lot of money. If we aren't capable of shopping in the £2-3m market then we are in trouble. Wages would be fair, likely to sign on for 4-5yrs and likely to jump in value just by featuring for us and likely getting euro and international experience.

Not that it matters. But his dad has said a few times Lewis is biggest Rangers fan in the family. He wouldn't need much motivating to give it his all.

More than we are willing to pay for a striker a position we need. Ferguson no better than any of our midfield options has deteriorated in a poor sheep team not worth £500k to us rather would keep McKinnon as option instead of on loan to thistle much greater potential for a lot less cost

could be looking at bringing him in at a reduced price with Robby McCrorie heading the other way? similar to Wright. If we've got a couple million to spend I think it would be going on a forward right position and not on Ferguson so I can't see this happening regardless.

Hypothetically 1.8 on Colak and 2.5 on Ferguson that's well over £4.3 million on squad based players that don't enhance the first eleven and would be a decent chunk of our budget just can't see it happening especially with Ferguson.
Is there a such a thing as a first eleven anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back