Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

Anyone recognise whose sports this is?
I went to Ibrox and shawfield sports days.
If the games were level, team with most corners won.
Also remember the Glasgow transport sports at Helenvale park, Parkhead.
This may be tournament where Paddy Crerand played for Celtic and got sent off. He later complained about Falkirk being the most Protestant place in Scotland.

This may be tournament where Paddy Crerand played for Celtic and got sent off. He later complained about Falkirk being the most Protestant place in Scotland.
That tournament involving the Tims was in the summer of '61, my Dad had died aged 37 shortly before that. Tommy Lowry of Falkirk and Crerand and Jackson of Celtic were all sent off in the fives game. Tommy was an Orangeman from a well known footballing family in East Belfast, he was married to my mates sister and they had a newspaper cutting of Tommy having either Crerand or Jackson by the front of their shirts in a brawl. Crerand was the first to go after a scuffle with Tommy Lowry and Jackson and Tommy were sent off together after another brawl. I was told remarks were made about Lowry's religious background which the big man took exception to.

That tournament involving the Tims was in the summer of '61, my Dad had died aged 37 shortly before that. Tommy Lowry of Falkirk and Crerand and Jackson of Celtic were all sent off in the fives game. Tommy was an Orangeman from a well known footballing family in East Belfast, he was married to my mates sister and they had a newspaper cutting of Tommy having either Crerand or Jackson by the front of their shirts in a brawl. Crerand was the first to go after a scuffle with Tommy Lowry and Jackson and Tommy were sent off together after another brawl. I was told remarks were made about Lowry's religious background which the big man took exception to.
I didn't know about the Tommy Lowry angle.

My old man told me way back about Crerand and Jackson though.

Jackson was a non entity. He was manager of QotS in 1976 when we played them in the SC and he was all mooth about upsets. The result? Five - Nil Rangers.

I didn't know about the Tommy Lowry angle.

My old man told me way back about Crerand and Jackson though.

Jackson was a non entity. He was manager of QotS in 1976 when we played them in the SC and he was all mooth about upsets. The result? Five - Nil Rangers.
Had the misfortune a few years ago to be sat at the next table to Crerand,McNeil,Jackson and some other bloke in a well known Italian restaurant in town.
Crerand was an obnoxious bastard to the staff.

Rangers v Hibs? the only player that i got right away was Eddie Turnbull well i think it is him
Looks like Ralph Brand at 10, possibly Max Murray at 9, Willie Telfer at 6 and Eric Caldow near the referee. I thought “Eddie Turnbull” looked like Alex Scott so possibly his brother Jim.

People did sing that not on the terraces but in pubs, houses and supporters buses
Just because Rangers fans in the Rangers end wearing Rangers scarves didn't sing it, doesn't mean they didn't sing it.

After all Mr Hankey told us so.

The Dungster and Alan Davidson thought they were the bees knees.

They were the perfect example and total microcosm of the cowardice and sleaze that is Scottish journalism.

Had the misfortune a few years ago to be sat at the next table to Crerand,McNeil,Jackson and some other bloke in a well known Italian restaurant in town.
Crerand’s behaviour - no surprise.

Cu*t.

Back