Joe Aribo has not turned down a new Rangers contract

I'd love it if Aribo, Kent and Morelos signed new contracts. And Bassey. Would leave the 'team needs a revamp' guys in a bit of a quandary though.

I'm sure Ross Wilson will have had many discussions with all of them, and their Agents, and will know if they are open to new deals and what they want.

Joe has history for running down his contract though and has done very well out of it, which is a bit concerning.

And spare me the 'move them on' stuff. If they don't want to move and choose to run down their contract that is entirely their privilege.

‘’We go again next season for silverware’’

After Goldson staying nothing would surprise me and his comments a few weeks ago were not a young man itching to get away with dollar signs in his eyes.

Not saying it will happen but we are too quick to assume he is wanting away and it’s decided.

So he hasn’t turned one down, and hasn’t signed one, so he hasn’t been offered one?

The last option is definitely the worst!

Picking up traction is the line he turned down a Rangers contract and that he will be leaving.

Record
Football Scotland
Talksport Yesterday (Alex crook)

It's untrue.

I hope you're right. What's the source for this?

Picking up traction is the line he turned down a Rangers contract and that he will be leaving.

Record
Football Scotland
Talksport Yesterday (Alex crook)

It's untrue.
What about the Colak fee being agreed?

Great, but, is it a case of him not turning down a new contract, because he’s agreed terms with another club?

The amount of our fans who think that players like joe are going to turn down a crystal palace because they aren’t as big as Rangers is astonishing.yes we are all well aware palace aren’t as big a club as us but they can blow us out of the water in terms of wages and our model has to be bring in young talented players give them a platform to improve with the opportunity to play in the epl if they are good enough to play for us.

Would be hard to turn a contract down if you haven't been offered one.

So has he been offered a contract or not?

Would the club even say he has turned down one even if he has done? Creates a bit of a circus IMO. Would take what comes from the club directly with a pinch of salt.

I'd love it if Aribo, Kent and Morelos signed new contracts. And Bassey. Would leave the 'team needs a revamp' guys in a bit of a quandary though.

I'm sure Ross Wilson will have had many discussions with all of them, and their Agents, and will know if they are open to new deals and what they want.

Joe has history for running down his contract though and has done very well out of it, which is a bit concerning.

And spare me the 'move them on' stuff. If they don't want to move and choose to run down their contract that is entirely their privilege.

I’m the same, would far rather see these guys reach their peak with us than go elsewhere and add to the squad within our means rather than punt players and hope we strike lucky with replacements.

I reckon he has been offered one but has not signed it (obviously) or officially turned it down.

The offer will remain in place and he may or may not accept it.

His choice. Player power.

He may get an offer he likes elsewhere and we will have to decide if it suits us.

Or, more likely, he hangs fire until next summer.

Little we can do.

Same applies to other guys with 1 year left.

Sorry but I don't believe that for a second, what's the club claiming here, that we haven't offered him an extension at all and just allowed his contract to run down? :rolleyes:

This is why I love the close season/mid season transfer talk. We’ve basically closed shop to the 19th Century Terrorist mhedia in Scotland and everything they write is nothing more than shite rumours and speculation garnered from fan sites and shitty twitter accounts who know as much as the mhedia do (which is fûck all)

As I said about the Côlak rumour, I’ll wait until the clubs official channels announce things before believing the rhags

Come on Joe, please stay. The hope here is probably the worst thing. Love the guy as a player, love watching him.

“Hey Joe, where you goin' with that pen in your hand?
Hey Joe, I said, where you goin' with that pen in your hand?
Oh
I'm goin' down south for talks
You know they offerin triple with another team man, yeah
I'm goin' down to old Southampton
You know I ask Ross Wilson for another five grand, an he said no
Huh, and that ain't too cool”

Sorry but I don't believe that for a second, what's the club claiming here, that we haven't offered him an extension at all and just allowed his contract to run down? :rolleyes:
I don't think for a minute that he hasn't been offered a new contract. In fact, probably several. As @Highway Star says immediately above your post though, the most likely thing is that the contract offer is there but he and his Agent have yet to either decline or accept it. Keeping his options open for now, in other words.

Now when he leaves people are just going to be more angry believing we didn’t offer him a contract at all.

Weird behaviour if the club has passed this nonsense onto you to put out.

If we haven’t offered him one/he’s indicated he doesn’t want one, we should be actively trying to sell him this summer.

With our place in the food chain we can’t be allowing players to walk away for nothing though. £10m for Aribo this summer or £0 next? It’s pretty obvious what we have to do
Unless these guys want to leave this window there’s not much we can really do and it wouldn’t be a good look forcing him out the door. It also wouldn't go down too well with his teammates. Player power is increasing and players running down their contracts and leaving when they want to is becoming much more common. It works both ways for clubs like us.

For what it’s worth I still think he’ll leave this window and hopefully we get a fee rather than losing him for free at the end of the season.

With our place in the food chain we can’t be allowing players to walk away for nothing though. £10m for Aribo this summer or £0 next? It’s pretty obvious what we have to do
And what is that? We can't force anyone to bid what we consider an acceptable fee. Even if someone did offer something acceptable to us the player might not fancy said club 'f*cked if I'm going to bloody Bournemouth mate. I'm going to sit tight until next Summer'. What then?

It's not as simple as that. If Aribo stays and gets us into the Champions league/latter stages of Europa he will be worth £10m to us by staying even if he does leave for free.

Back