The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The speculation about Colak hasn't really cooled though; something, not sure what, suggested it was imminent or something like that. I'm the last anyone should be bothered about though, thinking there was something credible in the Bothiem speculation.

Aye but hes a goal scorer he could still go for around 7m
Not sure they’d be able to demand that much money but obviously I don’t know. Last year of his deal you'd hope it would be a reduced fee and less than they paid.

They won the league easily last year with that team. We need to get the finger out and improve our team this summer or we could be playing catch up again.

I don't think we need a lot of signings but if we get Colak plus another couple of good quality players in then I think we will be in a good position. Obviously we might need more if any first team players were sold.

It's just a bit worrying that Gio wanted the business done early in the window and we haven't signed anyone (apart from Soutar) whilst Celtic have spent the best part of £17m.
No they absolutely did not win the league easily.
Had we won the last OF game at Ibrox where we were leading then we would have won the league. The margins were slim.

We also outplayed them in the last two OF games and finished the league stronger.

There is very little between us right now. Of course we need to sign new players and make improvements, every team does, but you are talking like there is a big gap between us and that’s just not true.

Ok so you think Bongonda will go for £7m, exactly what he is worth on Transfermarkt. Do you also think we’d get £16m for Kent just now with one year left on his deal? (His Transfermarkt value)
Kent doesn't score goals so naw .

Can’t help but feel us and them have completely flipped in the space of a year

Last year that lot were furious at their board and every tweet was met with hostility about no signings and we started labelling them happy birthday fc due to it

Now this summer a lot of fans are hostile towards our board for the lack of signings and every tweet is pounced on, especially the happy birthday post earlier.

Scary that there’s been such a turnaround in such a short space of time
They are basically a similar strength to us or maybe a little Bit inferior yet they’ve had to spend to get to that point.

It’s not all doom and gloom.

They’ve only strengthened at LB, their team is the exact same as last season, just bought players instead of loaning them.

Ok I'll reword it. All of their new signings last season have been bedded in. Their January signings especially. We've lost players and signed no one.

They’ve spent close to £20m to have an unknown left back as their only new signing compared to last season’s team. We’ve still to potentially qualify for the Champions League and spend that prize money on strengthening our team that lost out on the league by only 4 points (after playing a considerable amount of games throughout the season compared to Celtic).

They are basically a similar strength to us or maybe a little Bit inferior yet they’ve had to spend to get to that point. It’s not all doom and gloom.

Ah dt17, the man who said Barkas made fewer mistakes last season than McGregor. Factually correct as he in played in 1 league match last season (because he was so poor the previous season, some Celtic fans claimed he hadn't made a save all season).

I never said that actually but crack on.

I said McGregor made more errors last season than Barkas did his entire Celtic career actually. Don't even think that's debatable tbh.

I said McGregor made more errors last season than Barkas did his entire Celtic career actually. Don't even think that's debatable tbh.
McGregor played far far more last season than Barkas his entire Celtic career

I've heard the same plus another in this week which is probably Colak.
Don’t get how the Bongonda stuff is suddenly just happening when all it came from was someone asking the question about him last night to another poster. I mean obviously added to the fact that it turns out that we did actually scout him last year, but the timing is very coincidental.

Last year that lot were furious at their board and every tweet was met with hostility about no signings and we started labelling them happy birthday fc due to it

Now this summer a lot of fans are hostile towards our board for the lack of signings and every tweet is pounced on, especially the happy birthday post earlier.

I'm not picking that up on our end at all. 'Hostile' to the board?

It's Glasgow, if it's not one it's the other.

As I said before, you love praising them but this is new level of mental to be honest

Comparing McGregor to Barkas, jeezo

The media don't have one single clue about any of our business and its brilliant, everything they write is guesswork.

* Čolak signing imminent.
* Aribo knocks back new deal.
* Aribo leaving this window.
* Interested in "insert player from FF".

Problem is some fans buy their bulls*it and get disappointed when nothing happens. Best to sit back, wait till the end of the window and have a wee chuckle.

a poster said a few weeks ago that a german scout had mentioned we were assessing his character etc, which accoridng to the poster is one of the last stages of a transfer pursuit.
Yeah seen that. But the timing is strange, people just started properly talking about it last night because the poster mentioned that and now it’s happening imminently all of a sudden.

What's clear from all of it, is Twitter is a den of self entitled, moany faced pricks (some exceptions).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back