The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah seen that. But the timing is strange, people just started properly talking about it last night because the poster mentioned that and now it’s happening imminently all of a sudden.

His club mentioned last night that he wasn’t going on their pre season training trip, no ?

Wasn’t that the case & people then referred back to Ventura Blue’s original post ?

As I said before, you love praising them but this is new level of mental to be honest

Comparing McGregor to Barkas, jeezo

Was someone else who brought it up. Cheers for reading though.

You can deny it all you want but the signings they've made have been smart since Postecoglu arrived. There's folk on here saying "aye but they've spent £13m to stand still"...true, but in a season or two they'll probably sell Jota & Carter-Vickers and at least double their money. Meanwhile our main assets are running down their contracts while Ross Wilson twiddles his thumbs.

What's clear from all of it, is Twitter is a den of self entitled, moany faced pricks (some exceptions).

Thinking Twitter = real life is the first mistake, it's a load of shite that can be funny at times.

It's chock full of people who try to be shock jocks for likes and retweets who would never act the same in real life .

The year older thing works with the young lads too remember, they are a year more experienced and perhaps should be in the plans now. A guy like Glenn Middleton does he deserve a chance to impress the new manager? Niko Katic s another. No point sending guys on loan to get experience if you then don’t trust them otherwise a loan is just a step before going out the door.

I’d love to see a couple of real quality signings in certain areas of the pitch as it does bring an excitement and freshness to the squad but equally I’d be happy to see a freshness from the younger players stepping up.

If Helander and Souttar stay fit I personally think for instance the defence is stronger this season than it was last especially with Bassey continuing to get better and better

If we're pinning our hopes on Middleton and Katic then we'd be as well chucking it tbh.

I wasn’t expecting to be three and half weeks away from the start of the season with no new signings in the door.

Players need a preseason to help bed in.

I’m starting to get worried now. Apart from Souttar on a pre-contract it’s been a massive disappointment.
Proof will be in the pudding.

If we get knocked out in UCLQR3 it’ll be absolute knives out territory on Wilson and the board. And probably deservedly so.

His club mentioned last night that he wasn’t going on their pre season training trip, no ?

Wasn’t that the case & people then referred back to Ventura Blue’s original post ?

yeah him and two others confirmed to be all but leaving their club.

theres no concrete evidence other than waht venturablue( i think posted) however belguim is a market wilson likes and Bogenda is OOC next summer so should be affordable

They are basically a similar strength to us or maybe a little Bit inferior yet they’ve had to spend to get to that point.

It’s not all doom and gloom.
They won the league.

They have since on paper, strengthened their starting 11 with a new left back that can’t possibly be worse than Taylor.

We haven’t strengthen our 11 and have since let a few players depart.

IMO there’s very little between both sides on a one off game, probably 50/50 IMO. But the noises from them are they’re still looking to strengthen the 11.

Very little noise from us other than Colak who won’t be a first 11 player.

We're just off the back of reaching the Europa cup final and it's already toxic
We should never stand still.

If the board have any ambition they’ll either come up with the funds for the two priority signings of right winger and central attacking midfielder.

If they can’t come up with the funds, then that player trading model they harp on about at every opportunity it’s going to have to be kicked into effect. If that means Aribo away for £10m or Bassey away for £20m then so be it.

We need fresh impetus. It is an absolute priority and has to be funded by the board.

I think people over egg the 'toxic' stuff because of a bunch of folk greeting online, in real life you can barely get a season ticket from a sizeable waiting list and the majority of folk will just be getting on with their lives looking forward to the new season and hoping new signings come soon, rather than ranting like mad men all day on a messageboard!

If we're pinning our hopes on Middleton and Katic then we'd be as well chucking it tbh.
That’s not exactly what I said to be fair but don’t they deserve a chance? What was the point in sending them on loan otherwise?

I think as a fanbase we are going to be bitterly disappointed if we think the club will be spending money on signings every year especially if we don’t have player sales to boost income.

Reading some threads on here you would think our squad is the worst in many years and it’s been quickly forgotten that it’s a squad that featured in a major European final. Certainly don’t think it’s a bad squad we have and even currently it’s one that will be a contender for the country’s major honours.

Yipp, and all on the boards head with Wilson slightly to blame too albeit he can only do what the board allow him to.

Same with last summer. Off the back of a history making league campaign whilst that lot were on the canvas.

We gambled on that lot and assuming a dud manager and it backfired spectacularly to the tune of £35m prize.

As usual the truth is somewhere in the middle. The people responding in panic to every official tweet from the club re lack of signings are at one end of it. I do think most supporters are a little concerned as to the lack of activity in and out and the apparent lack of funds until someone goes however.

Can’t help but feel us and them have completely flipped in the space of a year

Last year that lot were furious at their board and every tweet was met with hostility about no signings and we started labelling them happy birthday fc due to it

Now this summer a lot of fans are hostile towards our board for the lack of signings and every tweet is pounced on, especially the happy birthday post earlier.

Scary that there’s been such a turnaround in such a short space of time
Mate the board got lucky with Europa run. There was real anger bubbling away with the point swing after break. Dave King was throwing handgrenades as well. People have forgotten all of that. If SC semi week went a different way with Braga and them they would've been getting it tight.

I think people over egg the 'toxic' stuff because of a bunch of folk greeting online, in real life you can barely get a season ticket from a sizeable waiting list and the majority of folk will just be getting on with their lives looking forward to the new season and hoping new signings come soon, rather than ranting like mad men all day on a messageboard!
There is a section of our support which is permanently toxic. Angry wee entitled men who love nothing better than ranting and raving and spewing their negativity all over the stadium.

You can deny it all you want but the signings they've made have been smart since Postecoglu arrived. There's folk on here saying "aye but they've spent £13m to stand still"...true, but in a season or two they'll probably sell Jota & Carter-Vickers and at least double their money. Meanwhile our main assets are running down their contracts while Ross Wilson twiddles his thumbs.
You’re wrong, they’ve spent almost £19m and gone slightly backwards, added a LB that nobody knows, a reserve goalie and lost Rogic and Bitton

Carter Vickers will cost near on £10m and will never go for much more, Jota has a massive sell on fee to Benfica so won’t see any huge profit on him

Anyway, here we are again with the Celtic praise from you

Have said before that this “anger” by the fans conveniently ignores £30m of additional funding over the last 2 years by the board and investors, turned down sales of key players that would likely have affected 55 and tens of millions of other direct investment.

Those relentlessly pushing this line are a disgrace frankly.

Have said before that this “anger” by the fans conveniently ignores £30m of additional funding over the last 2 years by the board and investors, turned down sales of key players that would likely have affected 55 and tens of millions of other direct investment.

Those relentlessly pushing this line are a disgrace frankly.
They absolutely love it. They live for this stuff. Back in their happy place now.

In two years time Jota will be 25 and Carter Vickers will be 26. They'll be long past the peak age for selling and there's not a hope in hell they make £26m off them.

It’s arguably the most money the club has made in a single year. If there really is no budget and we need to sell before we buy then the board need to come out and explain where that money is gone because that’s a serious concern
It’s went in covering the 8 figures deficit we have been running for years. In November we projected an 8 million loss just to get to end of the season. Year end accounts will be being produced that we will all see soon enough

Mate the board got lucky with Europa run. There was real anger bubbling away with the point swing after break. Dave King was throwing handgrenades as well. People have forgotten all of that. If SC semi week went a different way with Braga and them they would've been getting it tight.
What if the second OF was played when it was meant to and we had won? What if we had won the third OF at Ibrox? Does that make the board unlucky?

Yipp, and all on the boards head with Wilson slightly to blame too albeit he can only do what the board allow him to.

Same with last summer. Off the back of a history making league campaign whilst that lot were on the canvas.

We gambled on that lot and assuming a dud manager and it backfired spectacularly to the tune of £35m prize.
No, we never gambled at all, because we had absolutely nothing to gamble with this time last year, it really was that simple.

And with the meagre funds we did have we brought in a midfielder on big wages who became our best midfielder.

Posted on another thread but I’m still hopeful Aribo will choose to stay.

“Hey Joe, where you goin' with that pen in your hand?
Hey Joe, I said, where you goin' with that pen in your hand?
Oh
I'm goin' down south for talks
You know they offerin triple with another team man, yeah
I'm goin' down to old Southampton
You know I ask Ross Wilson for another five grand, an he said no
Huh, and that ain't too cool”

“Hey Joe, I heard you turned Southampton down
You turned em down now
Hey Joe, I heard you shot Palace down
Shot them down in the ground, yeah
Yeah
Yes, I did, I shot em
You know I caught them messin' round, messin' round puttin my wages down
Yes, I did, I shot back to Ibrox
You know I called Ross Wilson down, down from that wee high chair
And he gave me the pen
I signed it man, I’m stayin in Glasgow town”

Anxiety is a certainty, and I suspect rather than Rangers being the cause, it's the main outlet.

It's one of those conditions that guys, especially in the UK, are somewhat dismissive of. I certainly was for a long time, even after doing a degree in Psychology and essentially being shown what the hell was going on with me, I still played it down. I'm a guy, I don't get wound up about stuff...

There's a load more information out there that means people will identify it within themselves more now, but I still think if you were to tell a football fan over here "if your entire mood is affected for days at a time by how your club is doing, that's a problem", they'd say you just don't understand football, which isn't a valid response.

So many people wouldn’t know that lethargy is a huge marker for depression and many people don’t know how simple exercise can make a huge difference.

so many times I can point to my anxiety level increasing and then remember I’ve done nothing to deal with the cortisol being created in my body.

A colleague of mine told me last year that you’re better to do one press-up a day for a year than do none at all because you don’t think you do enough.

Last year that lot were furious at their board and every tweet was met with hostility about no signings and we started labelling them happy birthday fc due to it

Now this summer a lot of fans are hostile towards our board for the lack of signings and every tweet is pounced on, especially the happy birthday post earlier.

All down to our own incompetence and complacency.

You’re wrong, they’ve spent almost £19m and gone slightly backwards, added a LB that nobody knows, a reserve goalie and lost Rogic and Bitton

Carter Vickers will cost near on £10m and will never go for much more, Jota has a massive sell on fee to Benfica so won’t see any huge profit on him

Anyway, here we are again with the Celtic praise from you
DT17 is more of a Celtic cheerleader than Walker or Sutton. Double their money on Jota ? Why did nobody buy him from Benfica ( loan to buy is irrelevant if player refuses to sign)

No. Thats not an answer. If they were capable of getting 104pts. They are quite clearly capable of winning the league. Thats a fact. Even if you would rather choose the negative aspect.
The fact is they didn't last year , stop living on what we did in the past we were not good enough last year they won the league we didn't end of we have not improved at all the same squad apart from a free from Hearts who is injury prone , we had a 24 point drop off in one season but you think this squad is good enough to win the league, I don't we need new first team starters in because I think the squad we have now won't win us the league but time will tell .

Posted on another thread but I’m still hopeful Aribo will choose to stay.

“Hey Joe, where you goin' with that pen in your hand?
Hey Joe, I said, where you goin' with that pen in your hand?
Oh
I'm goin' down south for talks
You know they offerin triple with another team man, yeah
I'm goin' down to old Southampton
You know I ask Ross Wilson for another five grand, an he said no
Huh, and that ain't too cool”

“Hey Joe, I heard you turned Southampton down
You turned em down now
Hey Joe, I heard you shot Palace down
Shot them down in the ground, yeah
Yeah
Yes, I did, I shot em
You know I caught them messin' round, messin' round puttin my wages down
Yes, I did, I shot back to Ibrox
You know I called Ross Wilson down, down from that wee high chair
And he gave me the pen
I signed it man, I’m staying in Glasgow town”

Fooking hell thats mental

Or we were unfortunate in the League, losing it by fine margins while the Europa run + SC win showed the Board were correct not to sell last Summer and in their appointment in Gio.

But no. We were lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back