The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t even get what you have the issue with. The Board were starting to get it tight. King was doing interviews criticising them. Anger was bubbling under. All these things are true. I remember them. The board were lucky we got to Seville as it stopped it. What's even wrong with saying that? What's annoying you about it? It's the truth of matter.

And the Board got lucky when we won 55 because they would have got hammered if we hadn't...

King stepped aside. Thankfully the Board managed to financially cover the deals King green-lighted.

Players develop, do they not?

The same names aren’t necessarily the same ‘players’ that you suggest they are.

For what it’s worth, I do think we need to kick in the trading model and begin to phase out some of the old guard.
They do.

I was replying to a poster stating the same squad has only been together two seasons

Simply stating we’ve had by and large nearly the same starting 11 for 3 seasons

Are people incapable of reading what I'm saying. I'm saying the board got lucky as it stopped the criticism. Where am I saying the team were luck?
Rangers got a good degree of success, and the board got lucky from that because no success would have meant failure, and the board would have been criticised?

8 of the starting 11 from the Scottish league cup final 2019 started in Seville.

Had Morelos been fit, he’d have made that 9/11. Helander started that day too and Arfield came off the bench in Seville.

IMO 2 trophies in 9 domestically is a fair count given Gerrards first season was a bedding in one
I never realised so many players who started the League Cup Final in 2019 started in Seville also. Reinforces my opinion though that this squad needs a freshen up in a couple of positions.

They won the league.

They have since on paper, strengthened their starting 11 with a new left back that can’t possibly be worse than Taylor.

We haven’t strengthen our 11 and have since let a few players depart.

IMO there’s very little between both sides on a one off game, probably 50/50 IMO. But the noises from them are they’re still looking to strengthen the 11.

Very little noise from us other than Colak who won’t be a first 11 player.

That's very much the glass half empty summary from yourself, as it often is.
Alternatively, you could have a glass half full outlook to your claims.

The left back could easily be worse than Taylor.
We know absolutely nothing about him and he's got absolutely zero international pedigree.
Remember Laxalt or Bollingoli?

They have lost Rogic and Bitton, but you never bothered mentioning them, but seen fit to mention our departures.

You seem to have decided that Souttar won't strengthen us, yet the unknown left back will strengthen them.
Time will tell with Souttar, but the worst case scenario is that we've got 3 top central defenders (and I'm not even counting Bassey) competing for 2 places.

Before you mention Souttar and Helander's injuries, don't forget how much of a crock Furuhashi was last season.
He was probably out more than Roofe was, but it just gets glossed over.

Even more concerning for them would be the nature of his injuries too.
Muscular injuries, particularly hamstrings, often have a history of affecting players quite regularly throughout their careers.

You've also decided Colak won't be a first 11 player.
Well, it's a squad game and with his finishing ability, there will be plenty games, particularly when we have the majority of possession, that he could be a big player for us.

You seem to like to big up all their signings and some of them have done very well, particularly Hart, Carter Vickers and the Greek.
They've all definitely strengthened them.

However, not all of them have been so successful.
McCarthy and Guci contributed nothing and Hatate's form fell off a cliff towards the end of the season.
Maeda has decent work rate, but is an absolute headless chicken.

I'm not saying that's my opinion on everything.

It's more just not putting that wee celtic gloss on things the way you do, when you try to paint your doom and gloom over everything Rangers.

Why did nobody buy van Dijk before he went to Celtic?

All players have a progression that they go through and Jota looks like a good signing for them.

We're used to seeing ourselves linked with players every transfer window but all we've had confirmed is Colak. That is starting to worry people when we have 3 key players in the last year of their contract and no sign of any signings being close apart from the one mentioned.
No top English team buys from Scotland (Tierney excluded). English teams would rather watch a player progress in England than in Scotland. Wanyama, VVD, Ki etc all went to lower level teams before they moved on. Time will tell re Jota, but as per normal on FF, new signingsfor them are sensational and we've bought mince.

It’s arguably the most money the club has made in a single year. If there really is no budget and we need to sell before we buy then the board need to come out and explain where that money is gone because that’s a serious concern

The only plausible explanation is investors are calling their money (loans) in.

Also potentially a few million paid out on bonuses to the players for reaching Seville.

Rangers got a good degree of success, and the board got lucky from that because no success would have meant failure, and the board would have criticised?
The board were starting to get criticism and King was doing interviews being critical. The board are lucky we got Seville as it stopped the criticism. I genuinely don't think this is a hard point to grasp. Or remember what was starting to happen it was only 4 months or so ago.

The board were starting to get criticism and King was doing interviews being critical. The board are lucky we got Seville as it stopped the criticism. I genuinely don't think this is a hard point to grasp. Or remember what was starting to happen it was only 4 months or so ago.
After 55?

They do.

I was replying to a poster stating the same squad has only been together two seasons

Simply stating we’ve had by and large nearly the same starting 11 for 3 seasons
That’s not the squad though, that’s a part of the squad. The main men.

The squad has gradually improved year on year, which is generally how it should be. Our starting 11 is very good, better than theirs.

The supporting cast is far better now, which was the issue in previous years. That we didn’t have enough from the squad players to chip in when others were missing or off form, McCrorie, Halliday, Flanagan, Ojo, Middleton, Lafferty, McCauley, Katic, Edmundson, Stewart were getting games during the early period.

We’ve went from a midfield of Halliday, McCrorie, Coulibally and Arfield starting European games, to Jack, Lundstram and Kamara. With Davis in reserve.

Collectively the squad is far better, and the core players are far better than they were.

Again, I’m not saying changes aren’t needed in some areas because the likes of Davis/Arfield should be getting wound down, and some of assets moved on. It’s hard to stay motivated for long periods playing in such a monotonous league.

Easily one of the worst posts ever in FF history.

Either he thought it was funny or that it’s possibly true and I don’t know which one is worse
Jesus. It could still be true, nobody knows. Calm yourself down.

Is it the law we all need to be miserable as Fck these days?

Why did nobody buy van Dijk before he went to Celtic?

All players have a progression that they go through and Jota looks like a good signing for them.

We're used to seeing ourselves linked with players every transfer window but all we've had confirmed is Colak. That is starting to worry people when we have 3 key players in the last year of their contract and no sign of any signings being close apart from the one mentioned.
I dunno. I am starting to picture people staring at the ticking clock on sky sports mumbling to themselves "56 days 5 hours 28 minutes and 38,37,36,35....have we signed anyone? 24, 23, 22, 21..."

No top English team buys from Scotland (Tierney excluded). English teams would rather watch a player progress in England than in Scotland. Wanyama, VVD, Ki etc all went to lower level teams before they moved on. Time will tell re Jota, but as per normal on FF, new signingsfor them are sensational and we've bought mince.
I try to be open minded and see Jota as a good signing for them but 90% on here have him as shite just because he's signed for them.

We haven't bought mince, that would require us to have actually bought someone!

After 55?
No. February/March even into April after wheels fell off domestically. People were starting to be very critical. King was meant to do a live pod Monday after SC semi. That he no doubt would have continued his attacks.Pulled out because let's face he would've looked like a dick after we had knocked out Braga and them in SC in same week.

g

elaborate
I have a friend who works in football and has very close dealings with the guy and knows exactly how clueless he is. Park claims to have found the players in question that they made a lot of money from, when he was nowhere near involved finding them or scouting them

No they absolutely did not win the league easily.
Had we won the last OF game at Ibrox where we were leading then we would have won the league. The margins were slim.

We also outplayed them in the last two OF games and finished the league stronger.

There is very little between us right now. Of course we need to sign new players and make improvements, every team does, but you are talking like there is a big gap between us and that’s just not true.
Spot on
Win OF games and you win the league
Apart from that gubbing at the knew camp ,nothing in it between the teams and as you say we finished stronger

A team that has just made a major European final doesn't become a bad team overnight ,we all want some new signings as they are needed and they do lift everyone
But the hysteria and negativity from some the now really is eye opening

8 of the starting 11 from the Scottish league cup final 2019 started in Seville.

Had Morelos been fit, he’d have made that 9/11. Helander started that day too and Arfield came off the bench in Seville.

IMO 2 trophies in 9 domestically is a fair count given Gerrards first season was a bedding in one

I said squad mate. Everyone on here was nearly unanimous in saying our issues in 2019 were down to a lack of squad depth. We addressed it and in 2020 guys like Roofe and Hagi were instrumental in winning 55. So in my opinion its invalid to count 2019 when it wasnt remotely the same strength of squad that won the 55.

Even if you want to go down the 19/20 counts route. Only one trophy was actually won that season and we were cheated out of it, in the most one sided old firm battering ive ever seen.

@Bigbluebear has written some excellent posts, dispelling the 2/12 myth

the fans have turned on the club?

Absolute nonsense ,you made a few good valid points but ruined it with that statement

The sheer vitriolic response to the Sydney game. The constant questioning of decisions made behind the scenes. The constant demand we sack Wilson, Bisgrove and Robertson.

Probably the wrong turn of phrase, but an element of the fan base has lost faith in how we are operating.

No. February/March even into April after wheels fell off domestically. People were starting to be very critical. King was meant to do a live pod Monday after SC semi. That he no doubt would have continued his attacks.Pulled out because let's face he would've looked like a dick after we had knocked out Braga and them in SC in same week.
That still doesn't add up; it's a weird take on what the club has achieved in recent times, and the progress made in the last few years. It's just like you are chasing your tail; a completely illogical take.

I have a friend who works in football and has very close dealings with the guy and knows exactly how clueless he is. Park claims to have found the players in question that they made a lot of money from, when he was nowhere near involved finding them or scouting them
He did alright at Hibs before going to them - taken from Motherwell when Big Eck moved to the spoon burners and pretty much implemented the youth development programme that gave us Thomson, Whittaker, O'Connor, Brown and more, so the evidence suggests there's something there.

That still doesn't add up; it's a weird take on what the club has achieved in recent times, and the progress made in the last few years. It's just like you are chasing your tail; a completely illogical take.
I don't even think it was worthy of discussion as it was obvious what I was saying. But obviously not

Shambles if we have appointed Park.
Guy was clueless at them and lived of the reputation of other scouts who found VVD etc. Guy should he nowhere near Ibrox and is a charlatan
My definition of clueless is different from yours.

I don't even think it was worthy of discussion as it was obvious what I was saying. But obviously not
The substance of King's criticism was placed in jeopardy by a semi final win? It doesn't add up, not in a way that grants substance to what he would have had to say.

Probably true to some extent, but to think the head scout was 'nowhere near' any signing they made a lot of money from is funny. Just so happens he wasn't near the Van Dijk, Wanyama, Ki, Ajer, Dembele, Forster & Armstrong transfers then.

Spot on
Win OF games and you win the league
Apart from that gubbing at the knew camp ,nothing in it between the teams and as you say we finished stronger

A team that has just made a major European final doesn't become a bad team overnight ,we all want some new signings as they are needed and they do lift everyone
But the hysteria and negativity from some the now really is eye opening
It will end with admin locking the thread again, it’s just turned into a board bashing Celtic love in, just like the last one.

There are truly obscene levels of pent-up sexual frustration in this thread.

We don't need a new signing. What we need is Lana Wolf to get herself an account so that some posters have the release of talking to a woman who might actually shag them.

Don't say that, you'll get called a 'happy clapper' mate.
I though that the clue was in the term 'supporter'.

My team just got to a major European final, sold a pretty inexperienced youth player for £16m, agreed a new contract with our vice captain, and have 50-odd days before the end of the window in which to make some signings.

Last edited:
I see this post is still a fcking car crash, all I see is people bickering.

Can we have a genuine transfer rumours post and a padded cell for all the other crap on this post?

Not sure how to react to this, they’ve signed an unbelievable an unbelievable amount of dross over the last 10 years, for pretty decent money.

Obviously more variables involved once they actually get to the club, relating to coaching, fitness and psychological factors.

On the flip side, some ‘gems’ like Ajer, Wanyama & VVD. Dembele too, but he was a really hot talent, so I’m not classing him as a great find.

At least he has a good reputation, so hopefully a good appointment.

I could be wrong but if you listen to their fans the dross came after he left, they are always on the phone ins wanting him to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back