The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends when he left, did he scout Scepovic, Amido Balde, Hoiveld, Fortune, Boerrigter, Juarez & Bangura?

That’s about £20m down the drain right there.

Obviously, found some quality gems so pretty ambivalent to the appointment and trust we’ve gotten it right!

Overall his time at Celtic certainly appears pretty successful, so I’m looking forward to seeing who he can dig up for us.

He left them in October 2016, dunno if those players came after that.

Edit, just checked aye a few shanners, but it obviously go's with territory of the pond us and them fish in I suppose

I don’t know how much this will fit in with the current climate but getting John Park in to our scouting dept is an excellent acquisition.

Known of him for years and how he knocked back Chelsea Man United and others while at the beggars.

The likelihood of him turning around deals in a matter of weeks is unlikely so expect the Park Out brigade to have formed by at least errr next Saturday?

Yeah, it was pretty shocking but to be expected really.
I thought with Gio being a player at us he would get a bit of time and cut more slack but some seemed to have it in for him right away, some were even saying he didn't deserve a transfer window and we should bin him it was really that mental.

I don’t know how much this will fit in with the current climate but getting John Park in to our scouting dept is an excellent acquisition.

Known of him for years and how he knocked back Chelsea Man United and others while at the beggars.

The likelihood of him turning around deals in a matter of weeks is unlikely so expect the Park Out brigade to have formed by at least errr next Saturday?
It's already started.

Also to clarify, just because some signings fail doesn’t mean they are bad players…. puuki at Norwich for example.

Clarify that before the bedwetters start trawling for statistics and figures on who’s who.

Have a trawl through Ewan Chester’s figures and see massive failures. You’ll also see massive successes.

Bring back the days of the football fan and not the football intellect who couldn’t hit a cow in the arse with a banjo

The sheer vitriolic response to the Sydney game. The constant questioning of decisions made behind the scenes. The constant demand we sack Wilson, Bisgrove and Robertson.

Probably the wrong turn of phrase, but an element of the fan base has lost faith in how we are operating.
I think an element of the fan base just bitches about everything 24/7, 365

That’s not the squad though, that’s a part of the squad. The main men.

The squad has gradually improved year on year, which is generally how it should be. Our starting 11 is very good, better than theirs.

The supporting cast is far better now, which was the issue in previous years. That we didn’t have enough from the squad players to chip in when others were missing or off form, McCrorie, Halliday, Flanagan, Ojo, Middleton, Lafferty, McCauley, Katic, Edmundson, Stewart were getting games during the early period.

We’ve went from a midfield of Halliday, McCrorie, Coulibally and Arfield starting European games, to Jack, Lundstram and Kamara. With Davis in reserve.

Collectively the squad is far better, and the core players are far better than they were.

Again, I’m not saying changes aren’t needed in some areas because the likes of Davis/Arfield should be getting wound down, and some of assets moved on. It’s hard to stay motivated for long periods playing in such a monotonous league.

The League Cup Final 2019 has been referenced. Our bench that day was Foderingham, Defoe, Ojo, Flanagan, Barker, Stewart + Katic.

What is also noticeable is that from the yahoos, only McGregor, Julien + Forrest remain (don't know who Michael Johnston is). That is a huge turnover.

But since that season, it’s been one league title each and one cup (I’d argue our SC win was better than their LC, especially given we beat them + the general circumstances).

Our European record is vastly superior.

Are the vast majority agreed that our 4 priorities are Right Winger, Central Midfielder, Striker and Centre Bank and in that order?

And if Bassey goes then a LB?

We lost about £60M in the 3 years before that.
So how come SR in his Sky interview claimed we'd turn over a profit and painted a more optomistic picture. So what in fact is the picture and why no transparency. We don't want to know everything that's going on in the Boardroom, but the silence is deafening.

Current state of play

ezgif-4-cf85664639.gif

Next Saturday, try this Saturday lol

That’s not the squad though, that’s a part of the squad. The main men.

The squad has gradually improved year on year, which is generally how it should be. Our starting 11 is very good, better than theirs.

The supporting cast is far better now, which was the issue in previous years. That we didn’t have enough from the squad players to chip in when others were missing or off form, McCrorie, Halliday, Flanagan, Ojo, Middleton, Lafferty, McCauley, Katic, Edmundson, Stewart were getting games during the early period.

We’ve went from a midfield of Halliday, McCrorie, Coulibally and Arfield starting European games, to Jack, Lundstram and Kamara. With Davis in reserve.

Collectively the squad is far better, and the core players are far better than they were.

Again, I’m not saying changes aren’t needed in some areas because the likes of Davis/Arfield should be getting wound down, and some of assets moved on. It’s hard to stay motivated for long periods playing in such a monotonous league.

I'm sure I typed all this the other day....

Get those 4 in with Kent Morelos Bassey and Aribo on extended contracts and we’re good to go.

I'd argue 4 players on top of keeping all of them would be too many.

We (rightly, in my opinion but others may disagree) budget on EL money and right now our wage bill and squad size is stretching that unless we go deep into the tournament. I think we need to ship a couple of those above, from both a financial and squad numbers perspective, sadly.

It’s now got to the stage where our new head of recruitment is getting it tight before he even starts! B-D

I’d love to know how a head of recruitment gets no credit for all the good players his employer signed but gets all the flack for the diddies. Surely he is either responsible for all, or none at all?

He was not involved in the recruitment of at least 3 of the players you listed in regards finding the player, and influencing bringing them to the club, VVD, Ki and Wanyama. Can't say much more to protect my friend and the info given.
Of course you can.
You certainly cannot expect a statement such as yours to believed just on your word.

It’s now got to the stage where our new head of recruitment is getting it tight before he even starts! B-D

I’d love to know how a head of recruitment gets no credit for all the good players his employer signed but gets all the flack for the diddies. Surely he is either responsible for all, or none at all?
It's FF, why are you surprised?

I get your point about the OF games but lets be honest last minute stupidity against Ross County and Hearts (that's 4 points) and that omnishambles against Motherwell is what cost us the league. Those three games still really boil my piss
Throw in the failure to stick chances away against Dundee United away.

If Colak signs you’re assuming he’ll have had a full pre season as he’s training with his current club?

I’ve not seen Souttar or Jack in any of the pre season training clips and it looks as if McLaughlin is training as no 1?

Are the vast majority agreed that our 4 priorities are Right Winger, Central Midfielder, Striker and Centre Bank and in that order?

And if Bassey goes then a LB?

If a centre back is to come in then at least 2 need to be moved on. Got Goldson Souttar King then Bassey as we know can fill in there and that's before you consider Helander, Simpson, Katic. Sands and Lundstram play in there as well with the back 3 so would say centre half isn't a priority at the moment priority should be getting some out.

Right winger and a striker after that then it's down to who gets sold.

If Colak signs you’re assuming he’ll have had a full pre season as he’s training with his current club?

I’ve not seen Souttar or Jack in any of the pre season training clips and it looks as if McLaughlin is training as no 1?

Hard to tell so far, but yeah, it's looked like McGregor hasn't been doing as much from the training videos.

Jack has definitely been involved, Souttar only joined up with the squad yesterday.

Hard to tell so far, but yeah, it's looked like McGregor hasn't been doing as much from the training videos.

Jack has definitely been involved, Souttar only joined up with the squad yesterday.
I wonder if Roofe and Morelos are fully ready to participate in pre season from the off and the pre season matches to prepare for the champions league qualifiers.

We’re fine in defence and midfield along with the left side of attack. There’s questions marks over the number 10 role if Aribo leaves as Hagi won’t be ready and it would be unfair to throw Lowry in.

We’re definitely needing a right sided attacker and possibly a number 10 asap if the club believe that Aribo will be gone.

Also a striker if Roofe and Morelos aren’t going to be fully firing by the time of the league and champions league qualifiers starting.

Do you think if we sell Aribo then it’s done over the next week or so, or try to hold onto him until the end of the transfer window to help with the champions league qualifiers?

I'd argue 4 players on top of keeping all of them would be too many.

We (rightly, in my opinion but others may disagree) budget on EL money and right now our wage bill and squad size is stretching that unless we go deep into the tournament. I think we need to ship a couple of those above, from both a financial and squad numbers perspective, sadly.
Hopefully Wilson can get shot of Simpson Katic and get players like Ofoborh out on loan if he’s fit enough.

Last edited:
I wonder if Roofe and Morelos are fully ready to participate in pre season from the off and the pre season matches to prepare for the champions league qualifiers.

We’re fine in defence and midfield along with the left side of attack. There’s questions marks over the number 10 role if Aribo leaves as Hagi won’t be ready and it would be unfair to throw Lowry in.

We’re definitely needing a right sided attacker and possibly a number 10 asap if the club believe that Aribo will be gone.

Also a striker if Roofe and Morelos aren’t going to be fully firing by the time of the league and champions league qualifiers starting.

Do you think if we sell Aribo then it’s done over the next week or so, or try to hold onto him until the end of the transfer window to help with the champions league qualifiers?

If Aribo definitely wants to leave this summer, we'd be taking a risk trying to play him in the qualifiers etc.

Best done quickly if possible.

We will be, we just don't have many ITK's anymore or any insiders leaking transfer targets to the gutter rags.

Did we ever have ITK’s? Plenty who thought they were right enough…a few still hanging about

We’ve seen a good number of signings coming out of the blue in the recent past, I’m sure that will be the case in the coming weeks.

You get my point though, this squad as it stands won't win us the league. People on here think this squad can go again for a 5th season in a row & win the league I just don't see it over all their record of winning trophies over the past 4 years is poor 2 out of a possible 12 but saying that 55 was special, this squad has to start being replaced they are just not good enough.
Mate, with respect.

There's enough pish being spouted out in this thread, without a lazy post like that. Which does absolutely nothing to help when it comes to filtering through it.

Absolutely no-one is saying that we don't want to see new signings. We all do. We all want them to be the very best that we can get. We all want them yesterday.

We just don't all buy into this narrative that it's all doom & gloom, no-ones doing their job, & that this team that lost the title by 4 points, reached a euro final, & won the Scottish Cup are 'just not good enough'.

But in this thread that view makes you a.. You know the 'phrase'..

I had an even better song for Aribo possibly staying to the tune of don’t go by yazoo, but given the negativity towards my Hendrix one, I’ll leave it.

I think some people just revel in being negative and moany.
Nah. Go for it mate

You’re wrong, they’ve spent almost £19m and gone slightly backwards, added a LB that nobody knows, a reserve goalie and lost Rogic and Bitton

Carter Vickers will cost near on £10m and will never go for much more, Jota has a massive sell on fee to Benfica so won’t see any huge profit on him

Anyway, here we are again with the Celtic praise from you

And here we are with the burying your head in the sand from you. No idea where you're getting £10m for CCV for or how you know the ins and outs of Jota's deal but just carry on believing Celtic are pish / lucky / downsizing or whatever else helps you sleep at night.

Meanwhile they won the league and we don't look like signing anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back