Dave King | Douglas Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can’t afford it then don’t spend it, if that means a few of the youngsters come into the first team then so be…actually looking at the prospects coming up from the youth then i’m actually all for it.

….but a couple of quality signing wouldn’t go amiss, just remember where moonbeams got us before

See that would explain it. It could be Park is just more sensible with money and has a more difficult situation to navigate because of the hand dealt after King left. I thought we could have a conversation about it but clearly FF can’t handle anything that remotely resembles a criticism.
You would have had a better discussion had you not claimed that the Park board “hadn’t delivered anything of note” which frankly is rubbish and, no matter what you said, an unfair criticism. I will always be grateful to King for what he did to save the club. But he made his choices - as was his right - and needs now to stay in the background. Park has achieved a lot in his short time as Chairman - 55, EL and funding have been mentioned by posters - the other, almost as important - was the cinch victory against the SPL and SFA.

Look, just because we had Murray running us into the ground on borrowed money in 2 separate spells, McLelland/fall guys in between his tenures, Greenco, the spivs and Dave King who sailed as close to the wind as possible in so many respects doesn't mean we have to be distrusting and sceptical of the current board.

Remember they're operating at the extreme-long-term strategic level and while we might not see instant results or be pissed off with day-to-day shortcomings like lack of big name transfers in/out, megastore kit stock shortages or seeming lack of progress on Edmiston House, it doesn't mean they're doing a bad job overall.

Whether it’s general unrest from the lack of transfer activity or a genuine observation I can’t help but feel that a large section of the support is becoming more and more distrusting of this board.

The 150th celebrations weren’t handled well at all followed by the Australian debacle. Then we’ve had the last 3 transfer windows. I get that this one isn’t finished yet, so it shouldn’t count but you’d have expected some money spent and players in the door by now. Considering the qualifiers. (The 3 since DK left?)

So, why the sudden uptake in bad boardroom decisions and activity? For me it looks like there’s a correlation between the decline of our off-field ability and Dave King leaving.

I just wanted to know what the general opinion is on this and why it’s not really talked about that much? Douglas Park hasn’t delivered anything of note since taking over other than perhaps a noticeable tightening of the purse strings.

I’ll await the “hello Mr King” first reply but to be honest it’s not really a formed opinion just something I’ve been thinking about and would like some more insight on.
Aye, we're really worried about the Parks commitment to the club when they have stumped up £17m in shares and loans.

Didn't King do most of our transfers in installments and we seem to be still paying for some of them.

It might explain the lack of playing squad investment these past 12 months.

Every time there seems to be problems, mostly on social media btw, this king v park nonsence appears.

If people on here want king in and park out, just come out with why you want this to happen and tell us all about the benefits. Getting sick of all this boardroom nonsence.

As an earlier poster has said getting to a European final, so quickly after the turmoil this club has went through, is astonishing.

Let's get one thing straight, I don't want any gambles taken with this club ever again.

People should stick to the actual football and stop thinking they know best about how a football club should be ran.

Whether it’s general unrest from the lack of transfer activity or a genuine observation I can’t help but feel that a large section of the support is becoming more and more distrusting of this board.

The 150th celebrations weren’t handled well at all followed by the Australian debacle. Then we’ve had the last 3 transfer windows. I get that this one isn’t finished yet, so it shouldn’t count but you’d have expected some money spent and players in the door by now. Considering the qualifiers. (The 3 since DK left?)

So, why the sudden uptake in bad boardroom decisions and activity? For me it looks like there’s a correlation between the decline of our off-field ability and Dave King leaving.

I just wanted to know what the general opinion is on this and why it’s not really talked about that much? Douglas Park hasn’t delivered anything of note since taking over other than perhaps a noticeable tightening of the purse strings.

I’ll await the “hello Mr King” first reply but to be honest it’s not really a formed opinion just something I’ve been thinking about and would like some more insight on.
Give it a rest ffs!
Dave decided to walk mid season
Dave asked for his cash back
That was his decision.
The rest of the Board invested MORE cash and there is NO infighting!

Sick of garbage talk like this OP

What i'd like to know is why did Parks of Hamilton have a case against us in the court of session only two weeks ago on the 23rd of June.

The court of session is no small claims court

I don't know if it's just post admin or not, but certainly ever since then there seems to be a plethora of budding 'accountants' in our mix incapable of understanding a set of accounts.

For some, it seems, a season is just the same as fiscal year. Ie it starts, whatever happens happens, & then come the start of the new season you start from scratch again & nothing that went before it matters.

If only that were true.

If I'm being unfair on the OP then I'll apologise, but he seems to be slanting it in a way that DK no longer being on the board is where the problems have started from.

Again, if only that were true.

DK, in conjunction with the 3 bears, was the right man, at the right time, with the business aggression that we needed. 100%. I wholeheartedly thank him for his contribution.

Whether through choice, or a forcing of his hand, he could no longer invest, although that did not stop him spending the clubs cash.

Now whether that was right or wrong is a matter of opinion, but anyone could surely understand why fellow investors would be at least irked by that, and I really wouldn't blame them for that.

What is also true, is that the initial investment in the playing staff was front loaded. It's a fact.

With the current board we have bears who have invested a significant sum of cash, who have delivered 55, kept together (rightly or wrongly) a squad that reached a European final, plugging the financial holes we've had along the way, dealing with an empty stadium for a year, & finally sorted out the fat bastard as well.

They have also made mistakes during that time, Australia the big one for most I imagine.

I often feel like the people having a go at them must either have selective, short, or childlike memories.

But that's all just my opinion.

Appreciate the genuine reply. I’m not massively clued up on what’s going on and was just expressing a feeling about the situation. It was meant as a light-hearted discussion about general feelings towards both DK and DP and their performances at the held in comparison.

A valid thing to talk about in my opinion. I reckon I’d have to do a better job than Boris Johnson to talk my way out of it but I’m happy to call it there. Clearly there’s plenty of support for how things are being run right now and that’s fair enough.

Since King left we have seen #55 delivered, a European final followed by our first Scottish cup win in a long time. Then there is the small matter of huge investment brought in to the club and relative financial stability. Our year end has just passed and we will show a profit.

And if you never noticed, Douglas Park has continued to be a massive investor in the club he loves. All the while King has been turning his former love for the club into cash again which, of course, he is entitled to do. Yet Douglas Park has done nothing of note you say?

What do you want, apart from another 4 years and 100 more posts to come up with similar crap...

Seriously, can we all stfu about this being a poor transfer window. Our departures if there are any will mostly be going to England which isn’t going to change its time frame fr transfers to suit those from the diddy countries euro qualifiers. Calm the fcuk down

My feeling, without any knowledge of the mindset of Park or King, is that we have gone from a position of attractive strength from a European final to looking lacklustre in too many departments. I don’t feel disgruntled, but I feel uneasy about things on too many fronts.

On the pitch, the window has not been fruitful so far and the clock is ticking. Of course there are many factors and we just need to wait to see the money that will come in from sales and/or UCL qualification, but there seems the same Malmö gamble coming.

Off the pitch, too many amateurish dealings recently. Castore remain an issue to the fan base, the strip launch was poor, the museum, “Champions” wall and the absolute disconnect with the Ticket centre. The standards have been righted in many aspects but there is far to go and only a few in the building get my full trust. A few others, I’m not sure are modern enough for the level we need. It’s lots of small, medium points that in isolation wouldn’t be a worry but in total lead to negativity at a time where it should be easy to sell Rangers or promote us.

The next two months are absolutely vital for the playing side and that is the main focus.

See that would explain it. It could be Park is just more sensible with money and has a more difficult situation to navigate because of the hand dealt after King left. I thought we could have a conversation about it but clearly FF can’t handle anything that remotely resembles a criticism.
I think this post shows the purpose of your op.

Not delivered anything of note?

When we post pre-tax profits for last year against what, a £25m loss on the previous one?

Aye - pure p*sh!!

Dave King showed how much he values money over Rangers in the league run in as usual he could not keep himself out the papers at a crucial time for the club.

I'd be more worried if we'd let go/sold a load of players.

The days of big marque signings are gone (well, the Ramsey loan was a bit like that, but just a loan)

We got Lundstrum last season, if we can get 1 or 2 and extend a few contacts, we'll be in good shape.

We weren't horsed in the league, goal keeping errors alone were the main difference(and some dodgy calls that helped them), and huge euro run

This squad is more than competitive and finished the season really strong. Gerrard leaving/his attitude last season cost us a lot as well.

I'd have King - or someone like him - back tomorrow.

He's not perfect, but he is a big, big miss.

I think the OP has a point.

To have the season we had last season, get compensation for the previous management, the Patterson money and reaching a European final and we are under 4 week away from the first test of the season and we haven’t made any improvements in an ageing and squad that we will be asking to go to the well for the 5th season in a row.

The old saying goes if nothing changes nothing changes.

We are making the same mistakes we seen across the city make in by gone seasons and we laughed at them for it.

We really are taking another gamble.

I think the OP has a point.

To have the season we had last season, get compensation for the previous management, the Patterson money and reaching a European final and we are under 4 week away from the first test of the season and we haven’t made any improvements in an ageing and squad that we will be asking to go to the well for the 5th season in a row.

The old saying goes if nothing changes nothing changes.

We are making the same mistakes we seen across the city make in by gone seasons and we laughed at them for it.

We really are taking another gamble.
That remains to be seen though, does it not?

Didn't King do most of our transfers in installments and we seem to be still paying for some of them.

It might explain the lack of playing squad investment these past 12 months.
All clubs do transfers in instalments

It’s not his money though.
Also, how much of his own money did he spend to get to this point
He’s the Chairman he will have a big say In the decision.

He’s plenty of money and if it wasn’t for his boys he probably wouldn’t have spent much at all.

Did King not leave us/Park in a bit of a mess in terms of funding. I seem to remember chat about something like a 25mil funding hole Park had to fill.

Could be talking absolute rubbish.
King lost £20 million via David Murray 20 years ago which likely equates to £50 million in todays terms.
He then came back for more.
Douglas Park was at one time a Hearts director, is he in it like a lot for the ego/ fame.
Dave King walked to the games as a youngster from castlemilk, I know where Kings heart is.
Theres no doubt theres be a lot of money wasted and bad decisions made by this board.
We need to consider the income from fans, europe, etc etc.
There should be a top line then costs thereafter , if managed correctly we shouldnt need loans.
We have just pulled in £15 million for nothing for SG and Paterson.
I would also hazard a guess that gio and his staff cost a lot less than SG and his staff.

He’s the Chairman he will have a big say In the decision.

He’s plenty of money and if it wasn’t for his boys he probably wouldn’t have spent much at all.
Line one, yes I know he’ll have a massive influence but it’s not a dictatorship at the club.
Line two is a bit too subjective and I’m not sure of the answer either way.

Yes, £17m, plus, spent by him.
Incredibly tight.

Let’s just say he could have bought Rangers a long time ago but basically wanted the lot for nothing when Murray was in charge.

It’s his money he can do when he wants but if his Sons weren’t pushing he would never have invested in a big way.

Its a loan, shares etc.
King lost £20 million to Murray , never to be seen again.
In todays money that could be £50 million.
I’m don’t think King gave Murray £20m to lose.
I’d have though he’d have seen this as an investment.

Line one, yes I know he’ll have a massive influence but it’s not a dictatorship at the club.
Line two is a bit too subjective and I’m not sure of the answer either way.
Let’s put it this way, I was about his Hamilton dealership a lot when he had his own office in it one round from the Oden as I say it’s his money his call but he won’t spend a penny he doesn’t have to.

I’m don’t think King gave Murray £20m to lose.
I’d have though he’d have seen this as an investment.
They all did it was a big fanfare regardless though both King and ENIC or whatever they were called ploughed a shit load in and never seen another penny King then came back and invested same again if not more because he wanted to put us back on top which he did.

Three posts, at least, you’ve used now to correct me but, at the end of it, you just don’t really know, do you?

Let’s put it this way, I was about his Hamilton dealership a lot when he had his own office in it one round from the Oden as I say it’s his money his call but he won’t spend a penny he doesn’t have to.

But he has. It doesn’t matter what he was doing years ago or if it’s at his kids’ behest - he’s invested his personal money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back