The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DT17 is more of a Celtic cheerleader than Walker or Sutton. Double their money on Jota ? Why did nobody buy him from Benfica ( loan to buy is irrelevant if player refuses to sign)

Great patter that. You could ask why nobody has bought any of our players...not sure the point you're trying to make? Jota's just came off the best season of his career and he's guaranteed CL football this season - are you saying you can't see why he'd want to stay?

More head in the sand stuff.

I had an even better song for Aribo possibly staying to the tune of don’t go by yazoo, but given the negativity towards my Hendrix one, I’ll leave it.

I think some people just revel in being negative and moany.
I’m waiting on your take of Joe Le Taxi by Vanessa Pradis.

And here we are with the burying your head in the sand from you. No idea where you're getting £10m for CCV for or how you know the ins and outs of Jota's deal but just carry on believing Celtic are pish / lucky / downsizing or whatever else helps you sleep at night.

Meanwhile they won the league and we don't look like signing anyone.

Been widely reported that the Vickers deal (will leave you to call him CCV) could cost them up to £10m, it’s also been said quite a few times Benfica have a 30% sell on fee for Jota, so for them to “double their money” they will need to sell him for around £16m, not a chance

I didn’t say once “they were pish / downsizing or lucky”, however they have so far added a LB and a reserve goalie, lost 2 midfielders (1 who has bailed them out pretty often) and are £19m worse off for doing so, again spare me the Celtic love in but carry on, you seem intent on blowing smoke up their arses and moaning about our club

Think it means it would cost €1.5m considering what he’s brought to the team? Not too sure. Doesn’t seem to rate him though.
Means Genk can replace Bongonda's output with a player for 1.5m (based on that guys stats for similar players / in similar leagues).

His stats are kinda hard to make sense of to be honest - he had Colak's replacement value for PAOK at like 6m.

I don’t know how much this will fit in with the current climate but getting John Park in to our scouting dept is an excellent acquisition.

Known of him for years and how he knocked back Chelsea Man United and others while at the beggars.

The likelihood of him turning around deals in a matter of weeks is unlikely so expect the Park Out brigade to have formed by at least errr next Saturday?

People will be along in a minute to tell you you're a Celtic lover.

Been widely reported that the Vickers deal (will leave you to call him CCV) could cost them up to £10m, it’s also been said quite a few times Benfica have a 30% sell on fee for Jota, so for them to “double their money” they will need to sell him for around £16m, not a chance

I didn’t say once “they were pish / downsizing or lucky”, however they have so far added a LB and a reserve goalie, lost 2 midfielders (1 who has bailed them out pretty often) and are £19m worse off for doing so, again spare me the Celtic love in but carry on, you seem intent on blowing smoke up their arses and moaning about our club

Can you explain how it's a "love in"?

Moaning about our club. Aye it'd be nice if our squad who just lost the league and league cup to fat Ange was actually improved upon. God forbid wanting us to sign someone eh.

You one of the happy clappers who can't have a bad word said about the board?

Moaning about our club. Aye it'd be nice if our squad who just lost the league and league cup to fat Ange was actually improved upon. God forbid wanting us to sign someone eh.

Na, just a poster who doesn’t piss his pants about what “Ange” and those lot do or indeed panic about us when there’s still about 8 weeks of a transfer window to go

Have criticised the board etc plenty when I feel it’s justified to be honest

People will be along in a minute to tell you you're a Celtic lover.
If you'd bothered to go into the seperate thread on him you'd see everyone is happy he is now with us and in addition I read in there he grew up a Rangers supporter. If he even brings us 1 Van Dyke, Wanyama etc (2 players who'd walk into our current team from when they were still with them, unlike your two love interests) throughout his time here he'll have earnt his wage multiple times over and we will have one helluva player on our hands.

Na, just a poster who doesn’t piss his pants about what “Ange” and those lot do or indeed panic about us when there’s still about 8 weeks of a transfer window to go

Have criticised the board etc plenty when I feel it’s justified to be honest

So you're not concerned about what Celtic do in the transfer window? How very staunch of you.

Meanwhile we have Champions League qualifiers in a few weeks and we're going into them with an almost identical squad that failed at that stage last year.

Some buzz.

If Colak signs you’re assuming he’ll have had a full pre season as he’s training with his current club?

I’ve not seen Souttar or Jack in any of the pre season training clips and it looks as if McLaughlin is training as no 1?

How can you train as no1?

If you'd bothered to go into the seperate thread on him you'd see everyone is happy he is now with us and in addition I read in there he grew up a Rangers supporter. If he even brings us 1 Van Dyke, Wanyama etc (2 players who'd walk into our current team from when they were still with them, unlike your two love interests) throughout his time here he'll have earnt his wage multiple times over and we will have one helluva player on our hands.

I'll assume you mean Jota and Carter-Vickers.

Are you honestly saying they wouldn't get a game for us?

Staunch mate, staunch.

So you're not concerned about what Celtic do in the transfer window? How very staunch of you.

Meanwhile we have Champions League qualifiers in a few weeks and we're going into them with an almost identical squad that failed at that stage last year.

Some buzz.

Enjoy your night mate

That's very much the glass half empty summary from yourself, as it often is.
Alternatively, you could have a glass half full outlook to your claims.

The left back could easily be worse than Taylor.
We know absolutely nothing about him and he's got absolutely zero international pedigree.
Remember Laxalt or Bollingoli?

They have lost Rogic and Bitton, but you never bothered mentioning them, but seen fit to mention our departures.

You seem to have decided that Souttar won't strengthen us, yet the unknown left back will strengthen them.
Time will tell with Souttar, but the worst case scenario is that we've got 3 top central defenders (and I'm not even counting Bassey) competing for 2 places.

Before you mention Souttar and Helander's injuries, don't forget how much of a crock Furuhashi was last season.
He was probably out more than Roofe was, but it just gets glossed over.

Even more concerning for them would be the nature of his injuries too.
Muscular injuries, particularly hamstrings, often have a history of affecting players quite regularly throughout their careers.

You've also decided Colak won't be a first 11 player.
Well, it's a squad game and with his finishing ability, there will be plenty games, particularly when we have the majority of possession, that he could be a big player for us.

You seem to like to big up all their signings and some of them have done very well, particularly Hart, Carter Vickers and the Greek.
They've all definitely strengthened them.

However, not all of them have been so successful.
McCarthy and Guci contributed nothing and Hatate's form fell off a cliff towards the end of the season.
Maeda has decent work rate, but is an absolute headless chicken.

I'm not saying that's my opinion on everything.

It's more just not putting that wee celtic gloss on things the way you do, when you try to paint your doom and gloom over everything Rangers.
Where to start with that nonsense

In a follow up post I mentioned Rogic and Bitton

Colak won’t budge Morelos, let’s be brutally honest

Souttar I like but his history shows he is often injured. Again, just facts. Roofe is the same.

I'll assume you mean Jota and Carter-Vickers.

Are you honestly saying they wouldn't get a game for us?

Staunch mate, staunch.
We've been round the houses on this before, you and I. Vickers doesn't get in ahead of Goldson or Bassey. Absolutely nothing staunch about that, just common sense and using my eyes. Both are better than him, simple really. Jota, on early season form 100% would, however from November on Celtic fans I know wanted him dropped at certain times as he wasn't pulling his weight and over the season it'd be no too.

Some buzz.

Same squad but it's different circumstances, different manager and we aren't missing a host of players going into them either.

Are you one of the boring, childish, needy, repetitive clappers who can't cope in the grown up world?

Where to start with that nonsense

In a follow up post I mentioned Rogic and Bitton

Colak won’t budge Morelos, let’s be brutally honest

Souttar I like but his history shows he is often injured. Again, just facts. Roofe is the same.

It's not me that spouted the nonsense.

All we get from you is constant negativity about us, usually without justification and constant positivity about them, usually without justification too.

The post I replied to being the perfect example of it.

The way you compared both sides was laughable and totally biased.

But anyway, it's a football forum and you're just as entitled to your opinion as anyone else.

However, I'll just ignore it in future thanks.

Last edited:
Mate, with respect.

There's enough pish being spouted out in this thread, without a lazy post like that. Which does absolutely nothing to help when it comes to filtering through it.

Absolutely no-one is saying that we don't want to see new signings. We all do. We all want them to be the very best that we can get. We all want them yesterday.

We just don't all buy into this narrative that it's all doom & gloom, no-ones doing their job, & that this team that lost the title by 4 points, reached a euro final, & won the Scottish Cup are 'just not good enough'.

But in this thread that view makes you a.. You know the 'phrase'..
It’s not a narrative though

It’s hard facts. The majority of this squad has won 2/9 domestic trophies.

Already seeing posts of “they won’t be as consistent”, “we were only a few points away from winning the league” etc. No doubt the same posters up until February last season telling anyone raising concerns to shut up as “we only need one good performance to kickstart us and that lot will crumble”

No one is saying this team is poor. Simply stating it badly needs fresh faces and a couple of starting 11 quality players added to it.

We are now in Portugal with preseason underway and still haven’t got our targets in.

Gio came back two weeks ago and it was expected we should see movement when he returned even The boys on H&H daily update said much the same back then but still nothing this is now getting to the stage anyone brought in might not be ready for the start of the season fitness wise and we don’t need to be chasing getting new signings up to speed.

Aribo will be a huge loss, you will struggle to find a player that can play left back, CM, AM, RF and ST like the big man.

That being said, if he isn't going to sign an extension then we need to take the 10m (even though he is worth double).

We need to use the money and put it towards a RF and a AM.

Good luck to big Joe, been a great signing.

Be interesting to see how much of the £10m (minimum) gets reinvested in the squad. Likely pennies given the start to the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back