The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So long Joe. You've made loads of memories for yourself and us and I hope you go down there and tear the Premiership up.

On a side note, I hope to fùck no one else in our starting 11 has a £10m release clause or is it his last year of his contract triggered the clause? If so £10m with 12 months left is good business.

I can't really get my head round it either mate. I think Caskie's graphs show a lot more.

Here's what his graphs about Kent and Morelos say

Seems everyone is laughing at these but stats are just facts, do people not wonder why big teams haven’t come in for Kent and Morelos? They are overrated by our fanbase and replaceable if we have a functioning scouting and recruitment team, despite the hysteria saying so causes on here every time.

It is absalutely nowhere near what that boy is worth.
Yes it’s the last year of his contract but we’re getting mugged no matter what anyone says.
Aribo had choices when we signed him. That release clause could be him end ensuring he has a position for negotiating with the next team.

What is important is our profit on the deal. Most of that £10m is orjj on fit and we have had a great player as well.

That release clause is shockingly low, no matter how long was left on his deal. Continually under value our own players, whilst the Manks seem to get over the odds for everyone they sell.
The 10m release clause was only in the last year of his deal I believe.

A release clause can be the difference between signing a player and not signing one.

There is no reason for every penny not to be reinvested.

All funding gaps etc are covered by the extra income from Gerrard comp, Patterson sale and additional europa and commercial income.
I may well be out with that estimation, but until we see it spent I'm holding to it.

Of course, that is if the deal actually goes through.

Time, as always, will reveal all.

I believe we’ve made ourselves totally sustainable. Apparently we’ve got 6-8m to spend in this window without sales.

Sales take it to a new level of player. I wouldn’t be surprised if we’ve held off until we sell and it could turn out to the be right decision.

£10m allows us to bring in the players we need.

Four hopefully; striker, right sided attacker, attack minded central midfield and a CB or LB depending on what happens with Bassey/Barišić. I’m still not overly comfortable with Souttar and Helander given their injuries.

Getting Roofe off the wage bill and replacing him would be something I’d be happy with too.

Then we need to think about Kent and Morelos contracts.

I think we can replace Aribo with that money easily and strengthen elsewhere and start the cycle again. Maybe not one with the technical ability but Aribo didn’t always show up, against the filth in paricular. It could end up a blessing.

For very little output we got a real good turn out of him and made a huge profit, that is the model.

I believe we’ve made ourselves totally sustainable. Apparently we’ve got 6-8m to spend in this window without sales.

Sales take it to a new level of player. I wouldn’t be surprised if we’ve held off until we sell and it could turn out to the be right decision.
Where did you hear that?

According to The Athletic

"Aribo is known to have thoroughly enjoyed his time at Rangers and while his preference is a move south of the border and to play Premier League football, he wants the situation to be dealt with amicably.
The former Charlton Athletic player was scheduled to meet up with the rest of the Rangers squad in Portugal on Thursday but he is currently in London."

This only gets messy if Southampton play funny buggers. Hopefully they pay the release fee everyone wins. Would hate for Aribo's time to end sourly.

The release clause probably wont be activated I reckon. More likely to be negotiated to be paid in instalments. Could see us trying to get a sell on % in there too.

£10m for Aribo in the last year of his deal is decent money.

However the issue becomes twofold, Will the board give Gio all the money and do you trust Wilson to source players?

Scary prospect.

Will miss Joe Aribo, he's been a great servant to the club, but if he's going I'd rather he was gone now and it was over and done with . You'd hope the club already have a list of replacements lined up.
I just hope this isn't like the d1ck swinging contest that took place on here last week, various sources making out his departure was imminent only for that not to be the case.

Don’t think so

Joe goes with my best wishes. Signed for 300k and selling for over 30 times that price. Opens up a gateway to future Premier league sales and he also scored the goal that’s gave me the best feeling I’ve experienced as a Rangers fan.

Where did you hear that?

It's time for Joe to go - not because he's not worth keeping, but because it's high time we started delivering this player trading model we've been banking on about for 4 years, and the fact he's not signing a new deal.

All in I'd say £10m at this stage of proceedings is a good bit of business. Hopefully we see a fair chunk reinvested.

That release clause is shockingly low, no matter how long was left on his deal. Continually under value our own players, whilst the Manks seem to get over the odds for everyone they sell.
The release clause has obviously been there since he signed for £300k. Could well have been part of the deal to get him to come.
So the choice would be sign the player with release fee which is 30x what we paid or not sign the player.
I know what I would have chosen.

£10m allows us to bring in the players we need.

Four hopefully; striker, right sided attacker, attack minded central midfield and a CB or LB depending on what happens with Bassey/Barišić. I’m still not overly comfortable with Souttar and Helander given their injuries.

Getting Roofe off the wage bill and replacing him would be something I’d be happy with too.

Then we need to think about Kent and Morelos contracts.

In other words, a dream window.

The release clause has obviously been there since he signed for £300k. Could well have been part of the deal to get him to come.
So the choice would be sign the player with release fee which is 30x what we paid or not sign the player.
I know what I would have chosen.
It will be a two way street too. We will want a figure on his contract that isn't too low but isn't too high that other clubs will be put off in the last year. The player will want it at a reasonable price so we can't price him out of a move.

£10m in the last year seems fair. Without it we might have got more, but there's also the risk that he just sits tight for a year and we get %^*& all.

How much did we give Ashley. I don't know if it was revealed.
In the previous courtcase paperwork expectation was around £1.25m but no idea what we agreed on.

Without factoring in additional profit from Europa or commercial we would have had around a £5.5 - 6m excess after using reported Gerrard comp (£4m) and part of Patterson upfront fee (£9m) to cover the forecasted funding gap.

So even if Ashley was double the £1.25m there should be a profit of some sort available even before Aribo and Itten fee factored in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back