The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross Wilson by the end of the week

scrooge-donald-duck.gif

If we dont get the £10m there surely must be a sell on

We will get the £10m, but every team in football would rather pay in instalments than up front so the release clause wont be activated most likely. Can see us being more than fine with taking instalments as long as we get a sell on % in there too.

According to The Athletic

"Aribo is known to have thoroughly enjoyed his time at Rangers and while his preference is a move south of the border and to play Premier League football, he wants the situation to be dealt with amicably.
The former Charlton Athletic player was scheduled to meet up with the rest of the Rangers squad in Portugal on Thursday but he is currently in London."

This only gets messy if Southampton play funny buggers. Hopefully they pay the release fee everyone wins. Would hate for Aribo's time to end sourly.

Hence the reason the club via the likes of GS was putting it out in public that he hadn't knocked back a deal, Aribo obviously doesn't want it to look as though he was ungrateful to Rangers, which is absolutely fair enough

The wages that will be freed up for transfers from Aribos move will be huge also. Way more than just the £10m it looks on paper.

Joe Aribo is an absolutely sensational talent and he will be missed, however, he is a player who for 3 seasons now we have all had at least one discussion over where his best position is/how to use him best.
£10m in the last year of his contract isn’t the worst deal in the world, yes we’d all liked more but it’s decent business.
If the funds are used to bring in and out and out RW and a midfielder who can go box to box and score then I can’t help but feel it’ll be very good business and we’ll be stronger overall

It is absalutely nowhere near what that boy is worth.
Yes it’s the last year of his contract but we’re getting mugged no matter what anyone says.
If he was worth a lot more than 10M and undervalued, there would be about 10 other EPL teams throwing bids to snatch him up for 1-2M quid more.

That release clause is shockingly low, no matter how long was left on his deal. Continually under value our own players, whilst the Manks seem to get over the odds for everyone they sell.

Mate it was agreed 3 seasons ago, nobody knew then how it would go for certain, but it helped us get a player to join who had loads of options.

Dunno why people don't get that.

Hence the reason the club via the likes of GS was putting it out in public that he hadn't knocked back a deal, Aribo obviously doesn't want it to look as though he was ungrateful to Rangers, which is absolutely fair enough
He hadn’t knocked back a deal because he already said he wouldn’t be signing one. It’s effectively the same thing.

I wonder how much if any influence this will have on Kamara and Bassey. By all accounts, those 2 and Aribo are very close and they may be coveting a move to the EPL sooner rather than later given Aribo's imminent departure.

Also, Josh Tymon was a name mentioned at the start of the window but considered unlikely without a big sale. Wouldn't say LB is a priority position with neither Borna or Bassey having left but it may be a name that crops up again soon.

Ordinarily yes

But we will have to replace Aribo with a quality player

We also need a first 11 quality right winger

Also need IMO a first 11 goal scoring midfielder

£5m won’t cut it for these additions
Hopefully you're right, Del Boy, maybe the board will release the purse strings and allow Gio to spend what we bring in.

I'll not be convinced of that until it actually happens, though.

We are now in Portugal with preseason underway and still haven’t got our targets in.

Gio came back two weeks ago and it was expected we should see movement when he returned even The boys on H&H daily update said much the same back then but still nothing this is now getting to the stage anyone brought in might not be ready for the start of the season fitness wise and we don’t need to be chasing getting new signings up to speed.

You'll be called a doom monger but I remember at the end of the season Gio said he wanted his targets in early. Not exactly going to plan.

Mate it was agreed 3 seasons ago, nobody knew then how it would go for certain, but it helped us get a player to join who had loads of options.

Dunno why people don't get that.
I think some people fail to understand a release clause. The player/agent want it to be lowish and not too high that it would put teams coming in for them.

We along with other clubs fought to sign Aribo so if a 10m release fee helped him choose us then that was the correct choice.

Putting a 10m release fee onto a player who cost 300k isn’t exactly unbelievable.

And the Board got lucky when we won 55 because they would have got hammered if we hadn't...

King stepped aside. Thankfully the Board managed to financially cover the deals King green-lighted.
There are many areas where I agree the board could've done better, if you really believe you're right then you shouldn't have to belittle a title win to make your point.

Unless you firmly believe we would've spent cash on players should a different board/chair have been in place last season, and we wouldn't have clearly, then I don't get the lengths you're going to.

There was nothing lucky about our last title win

That release clause is shockingly low, no matter how long was left on his deal. Continually under value our own players, whilst the Manks seem to get over the odds for everyone they sell.
Has it not only came into play in his last year? If so it's not great but realistically how much more would we get than 10 if it wasn’t there and he was in last year? Maybe 3 million at a push 4 maybe? If it was 10 and he had 2 or 3 years to go believe me I would be moaning like feck about it. But it's not that bad really.

I'm gutted Aribo is going but this could definitely kick start our transfer business we could be seeing a decent overhaul to our attack which I think is needed.

A quality replacement, RW, ST are now the priorities and depending on outgoings a CM, CB that's the best outcome for this window anything else is a bonus.

You'll be called a doom monger but I remember at the end of the season Gio said he wanted his targets in early. Not exactly going to plan.
Unfortunately it takes more than Rangers to make a transfer.

We expected Colak, and others, to have arrived before leaving for Portugal. We've all seen the soap opera with Colak.

It's not as straightforward as pinpointing a player and the deal is done.

Once the likes of Romano and Ornstein go public with transfers it's usually just a step or two away from being completed. A transfer that could be worth 10 million for a player in the final year of his contract and no sign of signing a new one is a good deal. Should be able to sign a goal scoring right wing with some of the Aribo cash.

£10m allows us to bring in the players we need.

Four hopefully; striker, right sided attacker, attack minded central midfield and a CB or LB depending on what happens with Bassey/Barišić. I’m still not overly comfortable with Souttar and Helander given their injuries.

Getting Roofe off the wage bill and replacing him would be something I’d be happy with too.

Then we need to think about Kent and Morelos contracts.
I appreciate your view on this but I think we only sign a cb if Helander is sold. If we do as you suggest and it pushes King back to 5th choice then I wouldn’t blame the boy if he immediately handed in a transfer request.

There are many areas where I agree the board could've done better, if you really believe you're right then you shouldn't have to belittle a title win to make your point.

Unless you firmly believe we would've spent cash on players should a different board/chair have been in place last season, and we wouldn't have clearly, then I don't get the lengths you're going to.

There was nothing lucky about our last title win

I know. I was responding to a poster who suggested winning trophies = the Board getting lucky. My reference to 55 was illustrating his illogical stance.

Aribo will be a big loss to us but £10m for a guy we signed for £300k and a year left on contract is a decent deal

Now we need to invest in a couple of players, always felt like we needed movement out to bring some in

Looks like that’s about to start

What did you think of Aribo on first impressions? When you saw him how much did you think he'd be worth in the summer of 2022?

£10m clause for a player thay was attracting a lot of attention elsewhere was a gamble worth taking to secure him.

This obviously might not be the last major departure. We'll need to prepare for a Kamara or a Bassey leaving at the very least

If he goes, which looks likely I really hope he smashes it there. We need these guys to succeed to we can increase the asking price for the next player sold.
He will do well. But I don't think he's ever going to get to where his talent could take him. 26 now and he's still quite hot and cold. He also imo doesn't realise how good he is at times and lacks a wee bit of belief in what he actually has. Now I've said that he will go on to be POY.

£10m for Aribo in his final year is good business. Been some player for us.

Be interesting to see what it does to the likes of Bassey & Kamara. They all seem a close knit group.
Bassey is the main worry. Kamara, I think we could live without if the money was right. Saying that, if it triggers 25m for bassey then that is a no brainer.

I don’t think bassey is the type to get down about it. He loves the club and football too much.

So the good news is we are getting him but the bad news is he isn't very good?

Surprised at this because he has a decent amount of goals and assists in the league for the minutes he played (a goal or assist every 139 minutes) and it looks like almost all his goals came against the better sides in the league.
He is good. Where is the news we are getting him?

Still just ventura knowing we were watching him last year?

I'm gutted Aribo is going but this could definitely kick start our transfer business we could be seeing a decent overhaul to our attack which I think is needed.

A quality replacement, RW, ST are now the priorities and depending on outgoings a CM, CB that's the best outcome for this window anything else is a bonus.
Bloody hell don't want much do you? Lol.
We have plenty CM and atm CB as well.
Unless Roife or Morelos goes no need for a ST , RW certainly and s good one is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back