The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the release clause is 10 million why the %^*& are we even entertaining 6 million with potential add ons??

Because he could have left for nothing at the end of the season. If a team was willing to pay £10 million upfront i.e Fulham or Crystal Palace he would have likely ended up there. If we'd played hardball we'd have risked losing him for nothing. Why do people not grasp this?

He was part of a front three for large parts of his career with us, especially under McLeish who moved us to that at first (before making an ar*e of it with his 4-2-4).

Even had some games right up front which we've never really used Kent for.

I guess the overall point is that McCann is extremely fondly remembered despite many an argument, moan and criticism about him being around at the time and his goals record being extremely similar to Kent last season for most of his seasons. We'll look back on Kent with far more appreciation than he gets right now.
Some may well.

There was plenty of it, and he had his spells on the bench too.
Time tends to gloss over these things.
Anyway, I'd say McCann was an out and out winger for most of his Rangers career. A lefty playing on the left who tended to hit the bye line as opposed to cutting inside, as Kent tends to do. That being the case he was less likely to be in a goalscoring position.
I have to say...again, the excuse making for a truly horrendous goal return from FF's Golden Boy is unbelievable.
You need a can of juice mate.

Because he could have left for nothing at the end of the season. If a team was willing to pay £10 million upfront i.e Fulham or Crystal Palace he would have likely ended up there. If we'd played hardball we'd have risked losing him for nothing. Why do people not grasp this?
Mutants being mutants unfortunately. Best thing about this transfer thread has being curating my ignore list :))

Kent and Aflie might not have perfect numbers but what they do is take 2/3 players of the opposition out of play each game. Which then frees up up other players.

I'm beginning to think Kent shagged a posters missus on here.
He'd miss the target...lol.

F93-E177-B-5-E8-B-4605-988-B-F7-D418865-DD7.jpg
Seems to be lagging behind in that photo. Worrying.....

Yeah why not.

Apart from Kents goals last season? What else is the issue?
Do you not see with watching our games how opposition crowds around him and creates space for other team mates?
I tell you what I see.
I see a player who's quick, two footed and who can be very direct, who can beat a man on both sides and who works like a dog. In short, a player with the necessary attributes to be an outstanding footballer.

What I also see is a player who seizes up almost everytime he's in a position to score. Who invariably screws the ball wide of the target when it's easier to score.

He frustrates the fvck outta me and I simply don't see that changing.

Shocking we sold him for potentially more than his clause. Terrible business.
Flip side is we only get £6m because he doesnt meet the add ons and flops and we don’t get any sell on …

This guy is reliable by all accounts and he’s claiming £6m plus add ons.

Kind of makes many posters in this thread look silly by claiming all day it’s really £10m guaranteed plus a big sell on when it’s actually only guaranteed £6m which is poor IMO

I tell you what I see.
I see a player who's quick, two footed and who can be very direct, who can beat a man on both sides and who works like a dog. In short, a player with the necessary attributes to be an outstanding footballer.

What I also see is a player who seizes up almost everytime he's in a position to score. Who invariably screws the ball wide of the target when it's easier to score.

Ok I get that

So £6m + add ons is indeed the fee. Posters getting battered this morning for daring to believe Romano, one of the best sources around. Backed up by another of the best sources around.

We're really relying on Aribo to be a hit in the PL to get the add ons & in turn ensure he gets a good move again for the sell on fee %.

Right now its £6m guaranteed, nothing more. Instalments are not 'add ons' before anyone starts that.

I tell you what I see.

Yep, accurate. His best attribute in domestic games is his work rate.
He'd be badly missed in Europe though, where he isn't defended in the same way (doubled up on and booted up in the air). His ability really shows in those games.

I tell you what I see.

Who would you suggest as a replacement?
I have tbh I only watch Rangers.

Flip side is we only get £6m because he doesnt meet the add ons and flops and we don’t get any sell on …

This guy is reliable by all accounts and he’s claiming £6m plus add ons.

Kind of makes many posters in this thread look silly by claiming all day it’s really £10m guaranteed plus a big sell on when it’s actually only guaranteed £6m which is poor IMO

I would have been happy to sacrifice a couple of million from the initial price for a sell on fee tbh.

Nobody really knows what the add-ons require, so not too much point in speculating how good/bad a deal it is for us.

If we manage to make over £10 million from it, plus have a sell on in there, it's a good piece of negotiating from us; if we only get £6m it's poor.

Ultimately it's a bit of a risk, but it's one I'm happy to take with a player like Aribo. I think he'll do well there.

Again, we’ll see what the breakdown is.

If it’s potentially less than £10m and the add-ons are ‘potential’ fees based on performance, we’ve done poorly.

If the add-ons are guaranteed instalments, then we’ve done very well to get a significant sell on included as well as the full clause fee.

Adds on are not guaranteed installment, those will be included within the £6m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back