The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flip side is we only get £6m because he doesnt meet the add ons and flops and we don’t get any sell on …

This guy is reliable by all accounts and he’s claiming £6m plus add ons.

Kind of makes many posters in this thread look silly by claiming all day it’s really £10m guaranteed plus a big sell on when it’s actually only guaranteed £6m which is poor IMO
Until we know what the add-ons are we can't exactly say they aren't guaranteed, or close to it. Maybe it is installments just being phrased differently, maybe it's after 50 PL appearances, we don't know.

Bit of a gamble.

Not overly pleased with that, then again, I don’t know what the add ons are and what will trigger them etc.

The again, one good year and he could be off to Arsenal or Spurs for mega money, and we make a decent whack in return.

I’m generally fine with sacrificing a bit to gamble on getting more in the future, so long as the add ons aren’t mental, then fine.

*Shrugs shoulders*

Last edited:
Seeing it laid out in black and white, can’t help but feel we’ve been shafted really in terms of the up front fee.

It is what it is and we’ve had to do this purely to get the sell on
I'm not so sure.

Either he is good enough to fulfil any reasonable performance/appearance related add ons, or he's not worth the money anyway.
In any case, nobody is offering more, so we haven't been shafted.

And will completely disregard the rest of the deal because it suits.
All I’ve seen on here is folk berating anyone not convinced we’d be guaranteed £10m plus a sell on clause

Now we’ve had Romano and the Atheltic guy confirming it’s £6m guaranteed, £4m add ons plus a sell on fee.

It’s potentially a decent deal but that’s all it is, potential.

If he gets a bad injury or flops then itll have turned out to be a shocking deal only getting £6m for him.

Too many of the permanent optimists like yourself that believe everything good, love rounding on posters that question things and don’t immediately sign up to believing best case scenario on everything involving the club.

Then when it turns out you’re wrong you take snide digs at those that questioned it in the first place

Not sure how i feel. Im more interested in how big the sell on fee is. If its something like the 40% PSG had on Edouard, then im very happy. If its like 10% then its a bit of a pish deal. Dont think the add-ons will be too unrealistic either.

Flip side is we only get £6m because he doesnt meet the add ons and flops and we don’t get any sell on …

This guy is reliable by all accounts and he’s claiming £6m plus add ons.

Kind of makes many posters in this thread look silly by claiming all day it’s really £10m guaranteed plus a big sell on when it’s actually only guaranteed £6m which is poor IMO
So you’re just assuming add ons aren’t just instalments but performance related, not surprised… Nobody really knows what the add ons are but putting a negative spin on it kind of sums you up as a poster. Ornstein could mean that it could exceed £10 million if he’s sold on but we really won’t know. The club will spend as if they are receiving £10 million.

I’m really struggling to see what people want/expect with Aribo? He’s in the last year of his deal, not a great goal scoring record, he’s not a teenager either, he wants to move on (weakens our position), and we have a release clause that we could only absolutely max out at 10m anyway? A deal worth (likely) more than 10m isn’t bad.

Brilliant that we've got a sell on clause included, wasn't sure that was possible. No idea what the percentage is but that could easily be worth £5m plus in a few years time.
Not really. If you take the deal as being worth £10m (I’d argue it isn’t, but theoretically it could be) and we had a high, 20%, sell-on then that generally only applies to value above what you bought for. So, in order for us to get £5m in a sell-on Joe would need to move on for £35m.

As highly as I rate Joe I don’t see him moving on for that sort of fee in a couple of years time.

I just find it strange that with there being a good number of clubs interested in Aribo that we say deal on a guaranteed £6m.

Surely the guaranteed element of the deal had to be a lot closer to £10m, not £4m off that figure.

I’m sure Joe will go down there and be a success and we reap the benefits of whatever add ons/ sell on. Just seems silly to take the risk though.

It also sets a bit of a precedent for if Morelos and Kent don’t sign new deals when we’ve just let a prized asset go for a relative pittance.

So £6m + add ons is indeed the fee. Posters getting battered this morning for daring to believe Romano, one of the best sources around. Backed up by another of the best sources around.

We're really relying on Aribo to be a hit in the PL to get the add ons & in turn ensure he gets a good move again for the sell on fee %.

Right now its £6m guaranteed, nothing more. Instalments are not 'add ons' before anyone starts that.
Instalments aren’t add ons because they don’t suit your view point I assume? You don’t really know what the add ons are but are still choosing to be annoyed.

I just find it strange that with there being a good number of clubs interested in Aribo that we say deal on a guaranteed £6m.

Surely the guaranteed element of the deal had to be a lot closer to £10m, not £4m off that figure.

I’m sure Joe will go down there and be a success and we reap the benefits of whatever add ons/ sell on. Just seems silly to take the risk though.
Depends on where he wanted to go, I suppose.

Alternatively he sits tight and leaves for nothing to them next year, signing a pre contract in 6 months time.

I’m somewhat surprised that we couldn’t get £10m fee up front, or some form of guaranteed £10m fee. Caveat obviously being we don’t know what the add ons are, and how achievable they are. Then the sell on %.

I can’t imagine the add ons being that mental, considering they were getting him for a few gingey bottles anyway. Then again, will never know until the money comes in.

I’m really struggling to see what people want/expect with Aribo? He’s in the last year of his deal, not a great goal scoring record, he’s not a teenager either, he wants to move on (weakens our position), and we have a release clause that we could only absolutely max out at 10m anyway? A deal worth (likely) more than 10m isn’t bad.
£6 million for Joe Aribo? We don't even know what the rest of the attachments amount to, but on that fee alone he is worth much more than that.

I take it as 6m now, a further 4 m in installments plus a potential % on a sell on fee.
Not addons.

Not really. If you take the deal as being worth £10m (I’d argue it isn’t, but theoretically it could be) and we had a high, 20%, sell- on then that generally only applies to value above what you bought for. So, in order for us to get £5m in a sell-on Joe would need to move on for £35m.

As highly as I rate Joe I don’t see him moving on for that sort of fee in a couple of years time.
I'd say £35m for Aribo is very plausible if he continues to develop down there. You quite often see fairly ordinary players move from PL club to other PL clubs for that sort of fee, someone like Alex Iwobi for example.

Seeing it laid out in black and white, can’t help but feel we’ve been shafted really in terms of the up front fee.

It is what it is and we’ve had to do this purely to get the sell on
If there’s a chance that we could end up with just £6m for a £20m footballer - and yes I know about the clause - then I think at best it’s a risky deal, at worst very poor.

So you’re just assuming add ons aren’t just instalments but performance related, not surprised… Nobody really knows what the add ons are but putting a negative spin on it kind of sums you up as a poster. Ornstein could mean that it could exceed £10 million if he’s sold on but we really won’t know. The club will spend as if they are receiving £10 million.
Add ons and instalments are two separate things.

If you want to clutch at straws carry on.

If you don’t know the difference then I can’t help you

£6 million for Joe Aribo? We don't even know what the rest of the attachments amount to, but on that fee alone he is worth much more than that.
Well you must know more than all of the sporting directors in football, because nobody was offering more than £6m. He went to the highest (only) bidder.

Surprised Southampton agreed to a sell on if the modest fee of £10m, in Premier League terms, activated the release clause without any further conditions.

Completely depends on what the add ons are and the likelihood they will be triggered.

Doubt we will ever know.

I'm of the same mind - without knowing that I don't think I can really judge it either way.

And it would seem there were no other offers, so that has a bearing as well.

I know it's not particularly fashionable on this thread, but I don't believe we'll have negotiated add-ons that are unachievable, or even difficult for Aribo to achieve.

Correct!

Not really. If you take the deal as being worth £10m (I’d argue it isn’t, but theoretically it could be) and we had a high, 20%, sell-on then that generally only applies to value above what you bought for. So, in order for us to get £5m in a sell-on Joe would need to move on for £35m.

Indeed.

We are over a barrel to a degree, however if we have negotiated down to £6 million guaranteed from a position of a clause for £10 million and several interested clubs then it is more than a touch alarming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back