Sky Sports - Rangers agree fee for Colak

Status
Not open for further replies.
A poor photoshop
FW_PYSuXwAUgl95

No. The opposite!
Please read my posts again.
I think you may have misinterpreted them.
:)
What I'm trying to say is Rangers have previously signed players who have played well against us. If they sign Colak he becomes one of them, but in this day and age I would expect them to know a bit more than previous eras.

I am becoming more and more convinced that there are a serious number of undercover Tims on here who make controversial posts just to agitate us and get us arguing among ourselves.
Some posters seem to only post negatively about everything, with no positivity in their post history at all.
I wish it was that, but deep down you just know it's halfwits within our own support.

He also came out with an article calling Rangers players and staff liars after being assaulted on the pitch after the 2016 SCF.

It was along the lines of trying to rubbish a club statement because less Rangers employees had been assaulted than what was claimed.

Obviously, the Hibs fans swarming in their thousands attacking folk wasn't that big a deal.
Jordan Cambell co wrote an article that basically had Rangers and Celtic both as culpable as each other regarding the historical child abuse. He then posted on Twitter that he wasn’t allowed into a match at Ibrox and he hoped it wasn’t due to that report. Basically hinting that he had been banned due to the report.

Yet some people on here adore him and take everything that comes out his mouth as gospel.

Got to question the wisdom of using a known Rangers Hater in Johnny Bhoy McFarlane as a mouthpiece.

Who can forget him sobbing about The Billy Boys after beating the spoonburners 4-2.

Rangers Record FC: The Billy Boys is unacceptable and singing it only serves to feed the salivating trolls
BLOGGER Jonny McFarlane was left hugely disappointed after sectarian singing detracted from his team's performance against Hibs on Monday.

GIVEN the white hot atmosphere stoked up in the press during the build up to the game on Monday, I wasn’t surprised to hear the re-emergence of an old, and pretty objectionable ditty.

For a few in our support, the song represents an act of defiance that they can’t allow to fully slip from their repertoire.

Having been to every home game so far this season, I can say that this was the first time it has been aired at Ibrox. This represents a huge move forward over a decade and is emblematic of the hard graft the club have put in to educate the supporters about what is acceptable to be sung at our football ground. Many with an agenda wish to represent Monday as the norm, it is not.

For the avoidance of doubt The Billy Boys is not acceptable.

We must tackle this truth head on. Let’s not hide behind ‘politics’ or any other excuse: glorifying Billy Fullerton and wading in ‘19th Century Terrorist blood’ needs to be consigned to history. It has nothing to do with football and under recent legislation is illegal.

I will leave the moral argument to the academics and politicians qualified to discuss a complex issue with the nuance and balance it deserves. The last thing anyone needs is Jonny the Ger or Moobsy the Celtic fan pontificating from a position of relative (and in some cases total) ignorance.

Every Rangers man reading this should ask themselves a pertinent question: Who stands to gain from the singing of The Billy Boys at Ibrox on Monday?

Certainly not the club, who have to deal with coverage that is seriously out of sync with their own commitment to tackling the issue. It’s difficult enough to attract young kids away from the Chelsea’s and Manchester United’s of this world without making parents reluctant to allow them to support Rangers on account of a false perception of rampant sectarianism.

The fans gain a momentary sense of defiance and the team is roused by the atmosphere of an old tune but the real winners are the social media vampires who feed off of hatred of the club and its culture.

All we are doing is arming them, allowing them to move away from their wild claims about General Ashley and his tanks to refocus on an issue where they have the moral and intellectual high ground. Are these guys genuinely offended at the Billy Boys? The same guys that justify terrorist chanting as political? Of course not, but just because a few extremists have an agenda doesn’t make it right.

The difference at Rangers is we have the ability to face up to our problems. This club has had the strength of character and adaptability to change over the decades without ever losing the aspects that make the club special.

Those aspects are team-work, determination, courage in the face of adversity, passion and dignity. These are the facets of the club and its culture we should be promoting – these are aspects the haters will never defeat.

As fans we need to accept that the only winners from singing these tunes are the haters. We are feeding them and on Monday, instead of talking about our dynamic young team and our most exciting manager in at least a decade, we laid an 8 course tasting menu in front of a pack of salivating trolls.
That's a decent article to be honest but I don't agree with us having to give up the Billy Boys.

He says:

"The fans gain a momentary sense of defiance and the team is roused by the atmosphere of an old tune but the real winners are the social media vampires who feed off of hatred of the club and its culture."

So he agrees that the song allows the supporters to perform their core function of rousing the team, but then says we need to give the song up as it allows our haters to hate us.

Let's revert to the old Billy Boys lyrics and sing it loud and proud in non European games.

Jordan Cambell co wrote an article that basically had Rangers and Celtic both as culpable as each other regarding the historical child abuse. He then posted on Twitter that he wasn’t allowed into a match at Ibrox and he hoped it wasn’t due to that report. Basically hinting that he had been banned due to the report.

Yet some people on here adore him and take everything that comes out his mouth as gospel.

He also grassed on the rangers support at feyenoord.

I am becoming more and more convinced that there are a serious number of undercover Tims on here who make controversial posts just to agitate us and get us arguing among ourselves.
Some posters seem to only post negatively about everything, with no positivity in their post history at all.

The negativity aspect of your post I 100% concur with. It is an absolute bind and excruciating at times. However, I'm a 'happy clapper' poster and only like to consider the positives. As unpalatable as it is, they are as entitled to post on here as you or I are.

It is an open football forum and we have some excellent contributors within it who openly and unashamedly support other teams, Academical being a prime example, Jambo Reid another, and offer a neutral and honest assessment on whatever subjects interest them. It's refreshing to read their posts most of the time. Naturally, given the easy accessibility to the site, trolls will inevitably follow follow too.

However, as I said above, I only like to view the positives. Their constant, inane drivel inspires a response which drives site traffic and interaction, which increases ad viewer numbers which, in turn, earns Mark more money. This subsequently helps Mark to pay Rangers the 25k per year to be Rangers media partners. This allows me to receive emails giving me access to full press conferences and interviews etc we wouldn't otherwise have access to.

Long live Dt17, Delboy et al, no matter whom their true allegiance is to. They may be bears, they may not, it doesn't matter either way. They are financially contributing directly to Rangers and are doing their bit in benefitting us all with the service they provide. We welcome the debate. :)

It should also be noted that his little hissy fit came at a time when 46000 of us season ticket holders weren't allowed in to seats we actually paid for.

The negativity aspect of your post I 100% concur with. It is an absolute bind and excruciating at times. However, I'm a 'happy clapper' poster and only like to consider the positives. As unpalatable as it is, they are as entitled to post on here as you or I are.

It is an open football forum and we have some excellent contributors within it who openly and unashamedly support other teams, Academical being a prime example, Jambo Reid another, and offer a neutral and honest assessment on whatever subjects interest them. It's refreshing to read their posts most of the time. Naturally, given the easy accessibility to the site, trolls will inevitably follow follow too.

However, as I said above, I only like to view the positives. Their constant, inane drivel inspires a response which drives site traffic and interaction, which increases ad viewer numbers which, in turn, earns Mark more money. This subsequently helps Mark to pay Rangers the 25k per year to be Rangers media partners. This allows me to receive emails giving me access to full press conferences and interviews etc we wouldn't otherwise have access to.

Long live Dt17, Delboy et al, no matter whom their true allegiance is to. They may be bears, they may not, it doesn't matter either way. They are financially contributing you nailed it…directly to Rangers and are doing their bit in benefitting us all with the service they provide. We welcome the debate. :)
You nailed it…

I'm just glad we keep our transfer dealings under wrap until signed. Copyright the perma delighted on transfer thread.

Seems a decent signing.

Turkish (Çolak): nickname from çolak a word denoting someone who had lost a hand/arm (or has it paralysed).

Dead hand gang - Urban Dictionary
Sitting on your hand for 10-15 minutes, until your hand goes numb, then masturbating. Originates from the UK television show, The Inbetweeners. Also known as ...

I like him already

Not a glowing report.
To be fair, he sounds like exactly what we need to replace Itten, a guy who is effective against teams who sit in deep (which is the vast majority of the league).

Roofe can do it, but he’s injured too often to do that role consistently, Sakala clearly isn’t suited to that style of play at all, and we’ve already seen what can happen if we overplay Morelos.

Look how many games we threw away last season, especially at Ibrox. That wasn’t purely because of McGregor and the defence, we also brought it upon ourselves because of how sloppy our finishing was.

We’ve never really replaced Defoe since he got too old, that role of a consistent flat-track bully (I know it’s often used as a negative, but it’s something we have always needed - think Boyd, Novo and I dare say even Lafferty) - this guy seems like the perfect player to fill that gap.

Last edited:
I’m surprised more people don’t see it as clear as day. You get new posters that rack up hundreds of posts in a few weeks, then start dropping the constant negativity all over the place. It’s a serious problem that’s causing a lot of good bears to avoid the forum. I suppose that’s part of the appeal for teams of Celtc fans or Sheep with fuckall else to do.

They must take it in shifts, each logging on to one account to get the numbers up.

As well as the spreading of negativity and fake stuff, they probably try to draw people in so that they say something stupid, then try to get them in bother somehow. I’m up for that game ;)

My ignore list is the length of London Road.

Back in the 50's and early 60's we seemed to sign a few players on the strength of a good game against us. The memory of Bomber's last game against us before we signed him always leaves a smile on my face. A cold early January night at Dens Park with a howling gale blowing. Super scored our winner but not long after it Bomber blasted a shot well over our bar. He was barracked by the Bears in the enclosure and gave us the full underarm 'V' sign. Two weeks later he was a Rangers player.
Cammy Fraser did similar in Rangers top

Cammy Fraser did similar in Rangers top

Cammy Fraser did it in a game where he actually was playing for Rangers. I was at Ibrox on the day it happened. We were playing St Mirren and although we were 1-0 up we were not playing well and the Bears were getting more than a bit restless. Fraser scored our second into the Broomloan end and ran past the Govan Stand straight after it, flicking the V sign at the Bears in it. They were not happy.

Last edited:
Cammy Fraser did it in a game where he actually was playing for Rangers. I was at Ibrox on the day it happened. We were plaing St Mirren and although we were 1-0 up we were not playing well and the Bears were getting more than a bit rest
Did he get subbed that day and got an earful? I’m sure I remember that. Not sure if it was that game right enough.

I was at that game against St

Although I was there I can't remember if he was subbed. Wallace tried to defend him after it by saying that Fraser was giving the "victory sign".
I was at the game and he scored first goal and gave the vicky to the Govan. In the main stand that day and we all laughed about it - dont think just the Govan deserved it prob the whole the stadium. Low crowd that day maybe somebody he heard:)). Nowadays it would be :shh: and he wasn't subbed. McDonald came on and scored second. Thing is Cammy 2 years later along with 'big Hen' McPherson was still at Ibrox - none of the others remained including the manager.

Last edited:
I’m sure he was getting verbals one game he was subbed and gave the enclosure it when he was going up the tunnel. Not sure what game right enough before Graeme Souness and Walter came in.
I was at the game and he scored first goal and gave the vicky to the Govan. In the main stand that day and we all laughed about it - dont think just the Govan deserved it prob the whole the stadium. Low crowd that day maybe somebody he heard. Nowadays it would be :shh: and he wasn't subbed. McDonald came on and scored second. Thing is Cammy 2 years later along with big Hen McPherson he was still at Ibrox - none of the others including the manager.

I was at the game and he scored first goal and gave the vicky to the Govan. In the main stand that day and we all laughed about it - dont think just the Govan deserved it prob the whole the stadium. Low crowd that day maybe somebody he heard. Nowadays it would be :shh: and he wasn't subbed. McDonald came on and scored second. Thing is Cammy 2 years later along with big Hen McPherson he was still at Ibrox - none of the others including the manager.
Low crowd or not, that was one of the most toxic atmospheres I can recall at Ibrox. I left the ground that day wondering where the hell we were heading. Thankfully David Holmes answered that question.

I was at the game and he scored first goal and gave the vicky to the Govan. In the main stand that day and we all laughed about it - dont think just the Govan deserved it prob the whole the stadium. Low crowd that day maybe somebody he heard:)). Nowadays it would be :shh: and he wasn't subbed. McDonald came on and scored second. Thing is Cammy 2 years later along with 'big Hen' McPherson was still at Ibrox - none of the others remained including the manager.

To compound matters, Fraser missed a penalty against that mob at Parkhead on the following Saturday.

Cammy Fraser did it in a game where he actually was playing for Rangers. I was at Ibrox on the day it happened. We were playing St Mirren and although we were 1-0 up we were not playing well and the Bears were getting more than a bit restless. Fraser scored our second into the Broomloan end and ran past the Govan Stand straight after it, flicking the V sign at the Bears in it. They were not happy.

I was one of them. Went bananas.

According to the Record today, PAOK legend Michalis Iordanidis
thinks that Colak can't handle the heat of Greek football, comparison to Sweden, ffs, What does that mean for us. Scottish football is traditionally a hard place to transition too.
Now Abel Ferreira is saying the same thing. That Greek football was too hard for him. Again in the Record.

On the upside Robert Prytz (in the Sun) speaks better of him as he fitted in well in the Swedish league. Believe Robert is a season ticket holder at Malmo.

Hopefully our background team know something better than the PAOK people.

Last edited:
Now Abel Ferreira is saying the same thing. ThatGreek football was too hard for him. Again in the Record.

On the upside Robert Prytz speaks better of him as he fitted in well in the Swedish league. Believe Robert is a season ticket holder at Malmo.

Hopefully our background team know something better than the PAOK people.
The daily record is just looking to play down the player before he's even in the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back