Compston, Thompson and Capaldi IRA chanting

Got the following response from GCU to my follow up email:

Dear XXX
Thank you for your email. Further to my earlier reply, having reviewed available clips of the event to which you refer, we can find no evidence that Martin Compston participated in singing inappropriate lyrics. Our Communications team regularly views all content on social media which refers to GCU and, having viewed this video on multiple channels, we maintain our position that there are no grounds to review the University’s relationship with Martin Compston.
Against this background the University considers this correspondence closed.

Regards

Debbie

Debbie Donnet
Acting Head of Governance | Department of Governance and Legal Services
Shocked i tells Ye.
They get away with it every time.

Dear XXX
Thank you for your email. Further to my earlier reply, having reviewed available clips of the event to which you refer, we can find no evidence that Martin Compston participated in singing inappropriate lyrics. Our Communications team regularly views all content on social media which refers to GCU and, having viewed this video on multiple channels, we maintain our position that there are no grounds to review the University’s relationship with Martin Compston.

Regards

Debbie

Debbie Donnet
Got a similar one myself this morning

Dear XXX

Regards

Debbie

Debbie Donnet
Thats total bullshit from them. Its breaks their own equality and diversity rules.

Dear XXX

Regards

Debbie

Debbie Donnet
That is fkn unbelievable,the evidence is staring them right in the fkn face ffs!!

Compstons guilt still very much relevant due to his Twitter silence. The events over the past few days would normally have a person like him rattling out the tweets. He knows that he has been caught out and seems to be hiding behind the bushes. His empathy and moral capacity seems evidently is at all time low. Proper loser of a man.

Dear XXX

Regards

Debbie

Debbie Donnet
Astonishing take on footage :oops:

Tells you all you want to know about GCU

Dear XXX

Regards

Debbie

Debbie Donnet
Straight back to their appeals process. You need to add the withdrawal from any further tweets compared to his usual output (sorry not a twitterati) and the hanky hoardes singing it at the TattieDome.

In the past weeks the scum have renewed players contracts and brought a couple in, a Tory Prime Minister has resigned and this wee nationalist SNP mouthpiece rat is still silent on Twitter.

The silence is deafening, at the very least I am enjoying the fact his arse has been twitching big style the last 3 weeks.

Dear XXX

Regards

Debbie

Debbie Donnet

Dear GCU,

I have today become aware from various social media platforms of GCU's standard reply to complaints of the sectarian and anti British racist behaviour of Martin Compston. I have attached GCU's reply below.

This reply is utterly incredulous. Having viewed the video of Martin Compston, indulging in sectarian and anti British racist behaviour, your reply only serves to tarnish the reputation of the University. GCU Acting Head of Governance Debbie Donnet can find "no evidence" of sectarian and anti British racism by Martin Compston. Undoubtedly, the investigation carried out by Debbie Donnet had several plausible conclusions. "No evidence" isn't one of them. Can you confirm that Debbie Donnet contacted Martin Compston to explain his behaviour. Until this happens and Martin Compston's issues a denial to GCU that he engaged in sectarian and anti British racist behaviour and that his denial, should he choose to deny it, is made publically available there will be "grounds to review the University's relationship with Martin Compston".

Against this background GCU aligning themselves to the sectarianism and anti British racism of Martin Compston is very far from closed.

Will you please remind Debbie Donnet, Acting Head of Governance, that governance provides a framework for managing organisations. It identifies who has the authority to act on behalf of the organisation and who is accountable for how an organisation and its representatives behave. The sectarian and anti British racist behaviour of Martin Compston is not how a representative of GCU should behave as detailed in the policy of your University. He should be held accountable. If those responsible for the governance of GCU who choose not apply the University's policy they should also be held accountable.

I await your considered reply

XXXXXXXX

Dear XXX

Regards

Debbie

Debbie Donnet

That story in the Sun about him playing his “hero” James Connolly. One step to him portraying his true hero in McGuiness and Adams. The guy is out and out Provo filth. He supports the murder of my family and friends. He wants to glorify those who were at the forefront of sectarian murder campaigns. He epitomises everything that is wrong with them. He is pure evil. From the cradle to hell.
Ideally we need family members of the victims of IRA murders to call him and other Provo apologists out before there will ever be any

Dear XXX

Regards

Debbie

Debbie Donnet
What a pile of shite

Dear GCU,

I have today become aware from various social media platforms of GCU's standard reply to complaints of the sectarian and anti British racist behaviour of Martin Compston. I have attached GCU's reply below.

This reply is utterly incredulous. Having viewed the video of Martin Compston, indulging in sectarian and anti British racist behaviour, your reply only serves to tarnish the reputation of the University. GCU Acting Head of Governance Debbie Donnet can find "no evidence" of sectarian and anti British racism by Martin Compston. Undoubtedly, the investigation carried out by Debbie Donnet had several plausible conclusions. "No evidence" isn't one of them. Can you confirm that Debbie Donnet contacted Martin Compston to explain his behaviour. Until this happens and Martin Compston's issues a denial to GCU that he engaged in sectarian and anti British racist behaviour and that his denial, should he choose to deny it, is made publically available there will be "grounds to review the University's relationship with Martin Compston".

Against this background GCU aligning themselves to the sectarianism and anti British racism of Martin Compston is very far from closed.

Will you please remind Debbie Donnet, Acting Head of Governance, that governance provides a framework for managing organisations. It identifies who has the authority to act on behalf of the organisation and who is accountable for how an organisation and its representatives behave. The sectarian and anti British racist behaviour of Martin Compston is not how a representative of GCU should behave as detailed in the policy of your University. He should be held accountable. If those responsible for the governance of GCU who choose not apply the University's policy they should also be held accountable.

XXXXXXXX

Dear XXX

Regards

Debbie

Debbie Donnet
Emailed GCU today.

The anti-racism banner on the GCU email received was quite the irony n’all.
Only "anti racist" when it's convenient. That's just a stick to beat people with. The idea is that you can't criticise it, or it's "so you're not against racism". They don't give a damn about racism, it's just an "acceptable" way to persecute people. A lot of normal people accept it, but what normal people don't realise is that these people aren't using the definition of racism that we've always known. Everything is racist to the "anti racist" mob, when it suits. If you want to destroy people in a kosher way, this is the movement to be in. It provides cover for some of the most vitriolic and vindictive people out there. After all , if they deem you racist, you deserve everything you get

Last edited:
England fans have been pulled up for singing 'No surrender to the IRA'.

That shows you what we're up against.
Seems like the song may still have relevance.

Extract from BBC article from 2013.

"But the way the song persists so long after the Good Friday Agreement is more than a little odd. Perryman says it fails to recognise the compromise - the "surrender" by all sides - that effectively ended the worst of the violence in Northern Ireland."

Compared to BBC article from 2018.

158 security-related deaths' since Good Friday Agreement​

Dear XXX

Regards

Debbie

Debbie Donnet
I have just recieved the same.

As there are original alternative lyrics it does become extremely difficult to prove what he is singing.

What is evident however is the content of the audiences singing.He has at no time condemned their actions and any reasonable person can assume that he would be able to hear the content of the crowds lyrics just as we can.

This leaves us with at least two main considerations.

His behaviour during the incident and post incident reaction.

He is actively participating and reacting in an elated chest thumping militant manner to a crowd praising a proscribed terrorist organisation.It is entirely unreasonable that he did not know exactly what was being sung.Hes not deaf.

He makes no attempt to leave the area or to take the mike and ask the crowd to stop.He appears highly elated.

Post event he makes no attempt to condem the open praise given to a proscribed terrorist organisation now that it has been pointed out to him that it is obvious to all that alternative lyrics were being sung.

Therefore she may have considered the case closed with regards to proof in relation to what is being sung by Compston.

However his elated behaviour on stage whilst a crowd openly praises the IRA and his lack of condemnation have not been considered.

I would say that there are grounds for being dissatisfied with the response on the grounds that it does not evaluate the situation in its entirely.Therefore despite her assertion that the matter is closed it is not and anyone can raise further points.

I would also say that there may be grounds for submitting a complaint about her deliberately streamlined and incomplete examination of the video evidence.

It may be the case that Ms Donnets decision requires to be complained about and reviewed.Imho.

Dear GCU,

XXXXXXXX

Dear XXX

Regards

Debbie

Debbie Donnet
Wonder who Debbie Donnet watches and what saints school she got educated in?

He's starting to become quite active on Instagram again. Posting stories, where no one can reply of course. Will no doubt have been advised to avoid everything else.

Absolutely sickening how this can just blow over with no repercussions for him

He's starting to become quite active on Instagram again. Posting stories, where no one can reply of course. Will no doubt have been advised to avoid everything else.

Absolutely sickening how this can just blow over with no repercussions for him
What do you expect to happen to him?

I have just recieved the same.

As there are original alternative lyrics it does become extremely difficult to prove what he is singing.

What is evident however is the content of the audiences singing.He has at no time condemned their actions and any reasonable person can assume that he would be able to hear the content of the crowds lyrics just as we can.

This leaves us with at least two main considerations.

His behaviour during the incident and post incident reaction.

He is actively participating and reacting in an elated chest thumping militant manner to a crowd praising a proscribed terrorist organisation.It is entirely unreasonable that he did not know exactly what was being sung.Hes not deaf.

He makes no attempt to leave the area or to take the mike and ask the crowd to stop.He appears highly elated.

Post event he makes no attempt to condem the open praise given to a proscribed terrorist organisation now that it has been pointed out to him that it is obvious to all that alternative lyrics were being sung.

Therefore she may have considered the case closed with regards to proof in relation to what is being sung by Compston.

However his elated behaviour on stage whilst a crowd openly praises the IRA and his lack of condemnation have not been considered.

I would say that there are grounds for being dissatisfied with the response on the grounds that it does not evaluate the situation in its entirely.Therefore despite her assertion that the matter is closed it is not and anyone can raise further points.

I would also say that there may be grounds for submitting a complaint about her deliberately streamlined and incomplete examination of the video evidence.

It may be the case that Ms Donnets decision requires to be complained about and reviewed.Imho.
Thats should be done through the officials GCU complaints procedure or they will also use that as an excuse.

She actually re-tweeted this..

Then turns a blind eye to people who support said organisation.
That's just unbelievable.

Her credibility as an impartial, neutral consideration of Compstan's participation, is clearly compromised.

What other reason can there be for her rejection of the clear evidence of support for a proscribed terrorist organisation?

Celtic fans & the IRA? lol nothing ever changes. Nothings ever done about North Curve Celtic, which is a breeding ground for brain-washing wains with sectarian IRA propaganda. That account regular remembers IRA terrorists. Its a joke.

That's just unbelievable.

Her credibility as an impartial, neutral consideration of Compstan's participation, is clearly compromised.

What other reason can there be for her rejection of the clear evidence of support for a proscribed terrorist organisation?
I would also consider going to the Scottish public service ombudsman as clearly she is biased. The only other thing I would do is go above her head and make sure the full GCU complaints procedure is followed to the letter

stage 1-2 and so on.

Only "anti racist" when it's convenient. That's just a stick to beat people with. The idea is that you can't criticise it, or it's "so you're not against racism". They don't give a damn about racism, it's just an "acceptable" way to persecute people. A lot of normal people accept it, but what normal people don't realise is that these people aren't using the definition of racism that we've always known. Everything is racist to the "anti racist" mob, when it suits. If you want to destroy people in a kosher way, this is the movement to be in. It provides cover for some of the most vitriolic and vindictive people out there. After all , if they deem you racist, you deserve everything you get

Saw a great video by Charlie Kirk about how being "privileged" means its ok for others to discriminate against you.
Being a "victim" now entitles you to privileges and exempts you from any criticism.

He wasn't applying this to 'poor downtrodden' Irish RC's, but you can see the parallels.

They are untouchable and will stay so until this situation is highlighted and challenged.

Thats should be done through the officials GCU complaints procedure or they will also use that as an excuse.
Cheers mate.There are hundreds of messages here.If you don't mind and have the link/address would you put it on again as reply to me.It would be appreciated and wouldn't do any harm.

I think a few bears are unhappy and will be following up on this and then complaining if it's not done fairly.
Typical damage control address only one point.

As we all know behaviour is directly linked to thoughts, emotions and the environment we are in.
She has not assessed that at all.

Why is he so elated as the crowd sing that song?

Why is he not, for example,swaying to the sound with his arms aloft to a happy song.(the original lyrics)

Instead he's pumping his chest in a militant fashion that more matches the crowds praise of an extremist terrorist organisation.

He appears elated whilst a crowd sing about the IRA.

And on and on there's lots to assess regarding his behaviour etc in relation to his position and the establishments own rules on descent behaviour,attitudes and conduct.

What do you expect to happen to him?
I expected it to pan out exactly how it has.

If he was treated the same way a Rangers fan would be then I would have expected days upon days of front page headlines in the Scottish press. A witch-hunt to remove his GCU credentials and to get him fired from Line of Duty. Ultimately his name dragged through the mud and career over

Dear GCU,

XXXXXXXX

Dear XXX

Regards

Debbie

Debbie Donnet

The part where GCU state "we can find no evidence that Martin Compston participated in singing inappropriate lyrics" in itself tells that their starting position on this entire scandal is a defence of Martin Compston. They have failed to acknowledge his behaviour in clearly attempting to lead what is going on.

It is like the lawyer of a bank job getaway drivers defence saying there is no evidence of the accused actually robbing the bank. These sort of things don't stand any longer and GCU need to address the bigger picture which so far I see they have failed to do.
I have contacted them & whilst others on here can clearly communicate on a clearer manner than myself, I believe we need to be asking GCU about the entire incident
1. His attendance
2. His clear promotion of others actions
3. His continued attendance at event
4. His failure to call out what happened
5. His acknowledgement that he is not the lyric add-on Police it itself is an admission of Compston knowing what went on
Etc etc

Cheers mate.There are hundreds of messages here.If you don't mind and have the link/address would you put it on again as reply to me.It would be appreciated and wouldn't do any harm.

I think a few bears are unhappy and will be following up on this and then complaining if it's not done fairly.
Typical damage control address only one point.

As we all know behaviour is directly linked to thoughts, emotions and the environment we are in.
She has not assessed that at all.

Why is he so elated as the crowd sing that song?

Why is he not, for example,swaying to the sound with his arms aloft to a happy song.(the original lyrics)

Instead he's pumping his chest in a militant fashion that more matches the crowds praise of an extremist terrorist organisation.

He appears elated whilst a crowd sing about the IRA.

And on and on there's lots to assess regarding his behaviour etc in relation to his position and the establishments own rules on descent behaviour,attitudes and conduct.
GCU complaints process

There is the other option of showing up GCU for their nonsense

These are GCU Twitter account for the Uni and Alumni account . I may be an idea to do a series of tweets explaining the complaint itself and then how appalling the University has been in their dealing of this and their shocking handling of this affair and making it clear, they are not following their own process & are being biased in their handling of this complaint. The Alumni twitter feed is one that should be targeted using the format below as many former students/now graduates are actually in positions of authority in business etc and that do business with GCU to take students for training, sponsorship etc..

Tweet 1

Show the video of Compston singing about the IRA and why we are complaining.

Tweet 2

Post the response from GCU and their bare faced lies and downright stupidity of their email response

Tweet 3
Just ask the simple question.. Why is GCU refusing to following its own rules on equality & diversity & do the right thing & strip Martin Compston of his honorary degree ? Are GCU also then saying they support the song he is singing & the IRA terror gangs?

I would also say if anyone does do this, please just stick to the basics and do not add in any comments that could be deemed to be possibly sectarian such as using terms such as F-enians.

Last edited:
The part where GCU state "we can find no evidence that Martin Compston participated in singing inappropriate lyrics" in itself tells that their starting position on this entire scandal is a defence of Martin Compston. They have failed to acknowledge his behaviour in clearly attempting to lead what is going on.

It is like the lawyer of a bank job getaway drivers defence saying there is no evidence of the accused actually robbing the bank. These sort of things don't stand any longer and GCU need to address the bigger picture which so far I see they have failed to do.
I have contacted them & whilst others on here can clearly communicate on a clearer manner than myself, I believe we need to be asking GCU about the entire incident
1. His attendance
2. His clear promotion of others actions
3. His continued attendance at event
4. His failure to call out what happened
5. His acknowledgement that he is not the lyric add-on Police it itself is an admission of Compston knowing what went on
Etc etc
She's appears to be acting as his defence by deliberate omission.
I think that its possible that she also thinks that she is dealing with knuckle draggers

Back