Aaron Hickey £17 million

Brentford’s recruitment is usually spot on. They must be very confident that he’s got what it takes to make him their record signing.

What has Wilson done wrong here?
Facts please.

He could have quickly kiiled off the now obvious nonsense that Big Joe had a £ 10 million trigger-clause for a start. We don't even know if there was any such clause whatsoever. £ 6 million is likely all we will see for Big Joe. That's the guts of it, tbh.

He could have quickly kiiled off the now obvious nonsense that Big Joe had a £ 10 million trigger-clause for a start. We don't even know if there was any such clause whatsoever. £ 6 million is likely all we will see for Big Joe. That's the guts of it, tbh.
How can you say it’s likely all we will see when every single report says it’s an overall £10m package. Unless the add ons include Southampton winning the league then I would say we are going to end up with more than £6m for him.

Even so, nobody outwith the player/agent and the clubs know all the ins and outs.

Another point. How is it nonsense he had a £10m release clause? That doesn’t mean he can’t be sold for less than £10m. It only means if someone offers that then we have to let the player talk to the club.

If nobody is offering more then what else do we do? Keep an unhappy player for a season and lose on a free?

How can you say it’s likely all we will see when every single report says it’s an overall £10m package. Unless the add ons include Southampton winning the league then I would say we are going to end up with more than £6m for him.

Even so, nobody outwith the player/agent and the clubs know all the ins and outs.

You're correct. We don't know what any add-ons are, but as of now we will receive £ 6 million, which is the reality of the situation. The general consensus in the tabloids and on here was that the trigger-clause was £ 10 million, which has clearly been shown up as nonsense. I think we can agree on that.

Fcuk me, I don't rate him and think he is over hyped. That is my opinion and I don't need to provide a full dossier on why thats the case to appease the fan boys on this forum.

If we were to go player to player on who we rate and who we don't then we will always have disagreements but every man's / woman's opinion is their own.

The love in for Hickey on here is hilarious and if anyone goes against that then they are targeted for being idiots who can't dress themselves in the morning.

Big Bologna fan then? :rolleyes:
I have to say I didn't expect that furious reaction or an insinuation I am a fan boy...:D

Ultimately though you seem to have zero to justify your opinion (hence your reaction) but hey ho a non debate. Hope you got yourself dressed ok.

You're correct. We don't know what any add-ons are, but as of now we will receive £ 6 million, which is the reality of the situation. The general consensus in the tabloids and on here was that the trigger-clause was £ 10 million, which has clearly been shown up as nonsense. I think we can agree on that.

In what way does it show the release clause as nonsense?

Just because someone didnt pay that amount doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Another point. How is it nonsense he had a £10m release clause? That doesn’t mean he can’t be sold for less than £10m. It only means if someone offers that then we have to let the player talk to the club.

If nobody is offering more then what else do we do? Keep an unhappy player for a season and lose on a free?

Southampton low-balled us for a player entering the end of his contract. Nothing wrong in that. Its what clubs do. They knew we were in no position to turn down £ 6 million. We've accepted their offer, and we move on.

I still don’t see it with him as being a top player, but good luck to him, hope he proves me wrong.

Southampton low-balled us for a player entering the end of his contract. Nothing wrong in that. Its what clubs do. They knew we were in no position to turn down £ 6 million. We've accepted their offer, and we move on.
That doesn’t explain how the release clause was nonsense.

I think it is hilarious that Scotland are rubbish, but have three highly valued players who happen to all be left backs.

In what way does it show the release clause as nonsense?

Just because someone didnt pay that amount doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Personally, it would not surprise me if the trigger clause was actually £ 3- £5 million for Big Joe. They had us over a barrel and were never paying anywhere near £ 10 million. That 's cuckoo-land stuff for a player running down his contract.

Whi

Whit? Haha

We signed Smith when we were in the second Division. The season after we played in the 3rd against Roberston.

Posts like the drivel you just posted reminds me of the lengths people will go to in order to avoid saying the club didn't make the vest decision.
So Robertson was a standout then as it's funny no one mentioned him. Plus if you watch him play for Scotland there is no way you would want him looks good surrounded by quality players at Liverpool looks but dugshit for Scotland.

I have honestly never rated him and every time I watch him he still looks like a wee boy.

It goes against the grain though as so many posters on here must be part time Bologna fans due to their constant raving of him.

I just dont see it!
I’m the same, I just don’t see it.
I wouldn’t have him in our team for free.
Tim anyway

I have to say I didn't expect that furious reaction or an insinuation I am a fan boy...:D

Ultimately though you seem to have zero to justify your opinion (hence your reaction) but hey ho a non debate. Hope you got yourself dressed ok.

Poor guy had to type that in the buff.

If Bassey impresses again in Europe and at International level then I can’t see him still with us come the end of January….but can see a new Scottish transfer record!!

So Robertson was a standout then as it's funny no one mentioned him. Plus if you watch him play for Scotland there is no way you would want him looks good surrounded by quality players at Liverpool looks but dugshit for Scotland.
So you admit you made an absolute arse of it and got all the info wrong in your last post?

And yes, various threads at the time singled him out as a stand out. No doubt you were replying saying he was shite and wouldn't get near our team.

Amazingly by still insisting we were right to sign Stevie Smith instead of Andy Roberston, even now you perfectly prove my point.

I have to say I didn't expect that furious reaction or an insinuation I am a fan boy...Ultimately though you seem to have zero to justify your opinion (hence your reaction) but hey ho a non debate. Hope you got yourself dressed ok.

Hardly a furious reaction was it?

Anytime I have seen him play he has been woeful, thats generally why I don't rate him. That includes games for Hearts, Scotland and Bologna.

You clearly rate him and other posters on FF feel the same.

I dont rate him and other posters on FF also feel the same.

Simple as that!

Anytime I have seen him play he has been woeful, thats generally why I don't rate him. That includes games for Hearts, Scotland and Bologna.

Simple as that!
Not sure why you appear to have quoted there me as it was not me that said that but, Barryhopez ! (post160)..

Last edited:

Simple as that!
The only 'simple' in here is unfortunately you. As:

It was a furious reaction...
I never said I rated him...
I only asked you a question...

:D

Last edited:

Simple as that!
How many 90 minutes did you watch him play for Bologna?

So, you don’t know then!
You don’t like the guy, and see the chance of angry moan.
If there wasn’t a clause why settle for just £6m when he managed to get £15 for Patterson?
Edit: By the way, you might actually be correct but all you’ve done is create the scenario and get angry about it.

Last edited:
Because we have Ross Wilson.

ffs re Aribo transfer fee. Before agreeing to extend his contract Aribo and his agent demanded a £10m buy out clause to come into effect in it's final year. How is this Wilson's fault?

Players have all the power these days and these type of clauses will become more and more the norm. There were also rumours doing the rounds about a year ago that Kent also has a buy out clause, around £14m being the figure.

None, Im just basing my opinion on when he was bullied playing with Hearts as a 16 year old.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You?
I'm not the one saying he's overrated/pish/will flop at Brentford etc etc. I'm only going on him being a standout in Serie A, playing the most games in Europe for a boy his age in a top league and getting a £17m move to the best league in the world.

Based on that last game he played for Scotland, that is a ridiculous amount of money.
Andy Robertson looked like an absolute amateur in his last game for Scotland and he was playing in his natural position. That doesn’t mean he’s not still a CL winning Liverpool player who’s regularly selected by one of the best managers in the world.

Deals like this really make me feel a bit worse about our Aribo deal though.

So you admit you made an absolute arse of it and got all the info wrong in your last post?

And yes, various threads at the time singled him out as a stand out. No doubt you were replying saying he was shite and wouldn't get near our team.

Amazingly by still insisting we were right to sign Stevie Smith instead of Andy Roberston, even now you perfectly prove my point.
None of what I posted was wrong, you seem to be getting wound up pretty tight about one of them.

You have to laugh at the tims, they released two LBs that have went for huge amounts of money.

So with regards to your last paragraph with which I agree , the same should be done with Kent and Morelos surely?

Personally, it would not surprise me if the trigger clause was actually £ 3- £5 million for Big Joe. They had us over a barrel and were never paying anywhere near £ 10 million. That 's cuckoo-land stuff for a player running down his contract.

You've made every part of this post up.

By most accounts, we accepted £6 million upfront with two further installments and a sell-on fee. We gambled a small portion of the £10 million against Southampton selling him on at a profit and gaining us more in the long run.

And he wasn't running down his contract, Gerrard refused to let any of our key players be sold last summer.

Back