Aaron Hickey £17 million

ffs re Aribo transfer fee. Before agreeing to extend his contract Aribo and his agent demanded a £10m buy out clause to come into effect in it's final year. How is this Wilson's fault?

Players have all the power these days and these type of clauses will become more and more the norm. There were also rumours doing the rounds about a year ago that Kent also has a buy out clause, around £14m being the figure.
Would be happy with £14m for Kent.

So it was only 9m.. People were quoting 16m that never happened and we won't see anything near 16m

The deal is all in £16m. Sky had it as £9m upfront, £3m in instalments, the last £3m based on performance, plus a sell on fee.

Aaron Ramsey
Kemar Roofe
allowing contracts to run down , don’t want to be here move on.
poor transfer windows (last January possibly cost us the league)
paying off Brandon Barker
in a nutshell his job.
Ramsey …I’ll give you.

Roofe … no idea when you’re coming from.

allowing contracts to run down , don’t want to be here move on… You’ll need to try to understand this one as it seems your clueless when it comes to how contracts work.
You CANNOT just move on.
Please let that sink in.
On that one though, where have we lost out?
Goldson stayed and we’ve got the fee for Aribo.
Nobody else is affected yet.

Poor transfer window… do you know his remit?
Do you what he had to deal with?
Was there money made available?

Brandon Barker…
You’ll need to try to understand this one as it seems your clueless when it comes to how contracts work.
You CANNOT just move on.
Please let that sink in.

In a nutshell, you just don’t really know.

I have honestly never rated him and every time I watch him he still looks like a wee boy.

It goes against the grain though as so many posters on here must be part time Bologna fans due to their constant raving of him.

I just dont see it!
Will be same ones that raved about how we had to sign ohalloran & jones

Ramsey …I’ll give you.

Roofe … no idea when you’re coming from.

allowing contracts to run down , don’t want to be here move on… You’ll need to try to understand this one as it seems your clueless when it comes to how contracts work.
You CANNOT just move on.
Please let that sink in.
On that one though, where have we lost out?
Goldson stayed and we’ve got the fee for Aribo.
Nobody else is affected yet.

Poor transfer window… do you know his remit?
Do you what he had to deal with?
Was there money made available?

Brandon Barker…
You’ll need to try to understand this one as it seems your clueless when it comes to how contracts work.
You CANNOT just move on.
Please let that sink in.

In a nutshell, you just don’t really know.
In a nutshell you think you know too much.

This time last year certain of our players stocks were higher and therefore values greater , start negotiating for those you want to keep , no response cash into the highest bidder , better a fee than a free.

The reviews he has been getting over there are tremendous. Felt sorry for him when he played against Ukraine because he was out of position but his a talent.

A Steve Clarke classic play the better player out of position to fit an inferior Tim player into the system and make the good player look crap.

Would not have touched Hickey for even £1 million after his game against Ukraine.

Those stats?
If

Those stats?
Stats taken over the duration of his 47 games for Bologna would maybe present a fairer reflection of his time there, he did well enough to attract a big money offer from the EPL so that suggests he did well. It's also a team game, unfair to attribute blame to an individual player every time a team loses.Also, his goals suggest he has an attacking side to his game which appealed to Brentford.

So you admit you made an absolute arse of it and got all the info wrong in your last post?

And yes, various threads at the time singled him out as a stand out. No doubt you were replying saying he was shite and wouldn't get near our team.

Amazingly by still insisting we were right to sign Stevie Smith instead of Andy Roberston, even now you perfectly prove my point.
He’d have Morelos as 3rd choice striker (4th if Defoe was still here) so I’d take what he’s saying with a large pinch of salt!
Stats don’t show the full picture. Kent’s goals/assist stats are pish on paper.
The classic “eye test” doesn’t fair too well for Kent either at times. He has far too many poor games, forgetting stats completely.

He must have improved a lot recently as he is not a patch on Patterson potential wise.
17 million is a lot

Miscommunication here I thought we were still talking about Hickey, I agree on Patterson he is a fantastic player I watched him for Everton under 23 and he stood out a mile.

I've not seen enough of Hickey to have an opinion, but there's obviously a lot of talent there. I just don't remember him standing out when I have seen him tbh.

I watched him in SC final against the Tim’s and knew straight away he was a cracking player. Good luck to him even if he is a tim.

I guess Brentford are looking at playing him for a couple of seasons and shifting him on at a profit - that's their game is it not?

Still though you would think they could get better value than £17m and a player who might not get roasted as much as Hickey inevitably will.

I absolutely agree, this year especially. But it seems for whatever reason other teams do not see it that way. How no one has came in and offered serious money for Tav is baffling for me apart from a shitty bid from West Brom.
Yip I find that strange too, the man’s a machine,and a goal scorer !!

Wish the guy success
He's went to Italy and proven himself

People saying he was shite against us
He was 17 or 18

I have honestly never rated him and every time I watch him he still looks like a wee boy.

It goes against the grain though as so many posters on here must be part time Bologna fans due to their constant raving of him.

I just dont see it!
Brentford scouts must be part time Bologna fans n’all

This time last year certain of our players stocks were higher and therefore values greater , start negotiating for those you want to keep , no response cash into the highest bidder , better a fee than a free.
Just the opposite, bud.
Other than how transfers work.
Your post though, reads like you’re still not getting the simple principles of a transfer though.

On the transfer/negotiation line, couple of points/questions.
Firstly, there was chat that Gerrard insisted in no players being sold.
True or false, I don’t know but maybe the board succumbed to his wishes and Wilson couldn’t do what you consider his job to be.
You’re last line though, whilst a “fee is undoubtedly better than a free” is it better than a player most wanted to stay actually staying and signing a new deal?
Would Wilson be due any credit for that?

Edit: meant to edit my previous post to add this one.

I admit to not having seen much of Hickey, but from what I have seen that fee looks ridiculously high.

Wee boy going for a mans fee and Brentford fans will get a shock when they see him play. He would be our 3rd choice full back right now on either side.

He was found out against Ukraine at Hampden

Hickey was played out of position in his first big start, next to a midfielder who was completely lost at centre back. He was then tasked with marshalling the entire flank himself.

Someone like Souttar could have at least talked him through it.

Clarke hung the lad out to dry that day.

Who’s left on a free ya fucking idiot

Hickey was played out of position in his first big start, next to a midfielder who was completely lost at centre back. He was then tasked with marshalling the entire flank himself.

Someone like Souttar could have at least talked him through it.

Clarke hung the lad out to dry that day.
Sums up Clarke’s coaching abilities to a tee

Back