Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

FXPVmlVWIAASssp

It does my head in that so many great colour photos from the Eighties, have a backdrop of green and grey.

I'd have been taking the photos from their end, looking towards the Rangers End, as I captured our heroes.

Why didn't the Playing for Rangers photographers get on board?

Not really, but there can’t have been too many games Tiger had to be stretchered off.
In Jan 1st 1952 it was 4-1 for us at Celtic Park and we played the last 30 minutes with 10 players. In the report it does not say Jock Shaw was stretchered off but it did say "I can't let the day go without saying let tribute to the veteran Jock Shaw perhaps playing his last Old Firm game and Prentice playing his first"

In Jan 1st 1952 it was 4-1 for us at Celtic Park and we played the last 30 minutes with 10 players. In the report it does not say Jock Shaw was stretchered off but it did say "I can't let the day go without saying let tribute to the veteran Jock Shaw perhaps playing his last Old Firm game and Prentice playing his first"
The great old book "Rangers the New Era" starts with Shaw being carried off in that game and begging Mr Struth to be allowed back on.
That's why I asked if this was the game, I read that book so often when I was wee.

The great old book "Rangers the New Era" starts with Shaw being carried off in that game and begging Mr Struth to be allowed back on.
That's why I asked if this was the game, I read that book so often when I was wee.
More stuff about that game
  • This was an all ticket game and there were notices in the papers to supporters not to turn up with bottles or banners and to watch their language.
  • Ne’er Day game 1952. Disturbances began in the West End of the North Enclosure with about 20 minutes remaining with a number of fights kicking off. Spectators invaded the track to get clear of the disturbances which mostly involved fights and bottle throwing. The game however, despite the track invasion and spectators spilling onto the pitch, was not stopped. Disturbances continued around the ground after full time with arrests being made and others trying to free the arrestees from the Marias. Arrestees lol

I remember reading that. Broken leg, wasn’t it?

More stuff about that game
  • This was an all ticket game and there were notices in the papers to supporters not to turn up with bottles or banners and to watch their language.
  • Ne’er Day game 1952. Disturbances began in the West End of the North Enclosure with about 20 minutes remaining with a number of fights kicking off. Spectators invaded the track to get clear of the disturbances which mostly involved fights and bottle throwing. The game however, despite the track invasion and spectators spilling onto the pitch, was not stopped. Disturbances continued around the ground after full time with arrests being made and others trying to free the arrestees from the Marias. Arrestees lol
Now I’m no Boy Scout, but would I be right in saying that the West End of the North Enclosure was the Janefield St end of the Jungle?

Back