Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck mate. As I said, I *think* they pick up on it from your purchase via your login but it takes a while to show on MyGers. I've never been able to get anyone who's bought to confirm that though.:)

If you don't mind, and if you remember, can you do us all a favour and pop back into this thread in due course and let us know how it played out for you? Would be handy for future reference. Thanks if you do.

Here's the most recent thread on the topic for info:

I will update this thread once I have an answer.

For those wondering - including @LoyalUlsterMan above - another poster just advised the following in another thread:

I cancelled my monthly subscription recently and went annual on the same day if they do not pick up your Rangers no themselves, they will email you asking for it . This is what happened with me mate.

Post #3 in this thread:

For those wondering - including @LoyalUlsterMan above - another poster just advised the following in another thread:

I cancelled my monthly subscription recently and went annual on the same day if they do not pick up your Rangers no themselves, they will email you asking for it . This is what happened with me mate.

Post #3 in this thread:

Thanks

Post #3 in this thread:

Thanks Valley Bluenose.

New season looms. Here we go! All 4 pre-season friendlies are available both overseas and within the UK for those who can't make it along.

See OP for details.

I subscribed to the annual unlimeted service last August, does anyone know if it lasts a year or if I'll need to renew for the friendlies?

Is the 10% discount for rangers tv for only the first year if paid annually? Thanks
No idea. The FAQ is below. One thing that's clear, you don't get it for rolling over your subscription as it states new subscriptions only. It *might* work if you let it expire, then took out a new sub on the same account and then emailed MyGers asking for the discount. I'm doubtful though. As its UK subs only you aren't talking big money here.;)

How can I redeem my 30 days free trial and 10% off an annual RTV standard subscription discount?

The details of how to obtain your 30 days free trial and subsequent discount will be contained within the welcome email you will receive from the Club. MyGers Members will receive this email within 24 hours of receiving their payment confirmation email.

If you have not received a copy of the Welcome E-mail, please e-mail the team at mygers@rangers.co.uk who will be happy to provide you with the discounted link.

Please note that to use the offer, MyGers Members must create an account with RTV. During registration, you will be asked to enter your Rangers Number.

This benefit is available to new RTV subscriptions only and cannot be applied to current subscriptions.

Buggers automatically took my yearly subs, might not have wanted it next season :))
I'm sure you do.:)

If you don't want it to auto-renew there is a cancel button next to your subscription on the Accounts bit. Cancel now and your sub will live on until it expires next year and then you can renew at your own leisure mate.

You know you love it though.;)

Just wish the club would do a better job in terms of promoting the content. For example, I've really enjoyed the training ground stuff, but would never have seen the videos unless they were posted on here by @Valley Bluenose .

The content is there, but the amplification isn't at times.

On a side note, it's dawned on me that I'm paying around 120 quid to watch all the football I want this season. Insane!

I'm sure you do.:)

If you don't want it to auto-renew there is a cancel button next to your subscription on the Accounts bit. Cancel now and your sub will live on until it expires next year and then you can renew at your own leisure mate.

You know you love it though.;)
Of course I do but it wouldn’t be FF if there wasn’t someone moaning :shh:

Just wish the club would do a better job in terms of promoting the content. For example, I've really enjoyed the training ground stuff, but would never have seen the videos unless they were posted on here by @Valley Bluenose .

The content is there, but the amplification isn't at times.

On a side note, it's dawned on me that I'm paying around 120 quid to watch all the football I want this season. Insane!
They do tend to put out snippets on Twitter with a link to the full piece I think. I don't do Twitter, and I'm sure many others don't either, but usually pick it up from someone posting on here.

Weird situation today though, when they posted this snippet with a link to the full Training Day 3 video. The link works and takes you to RangersTV to login and view. However, if you login direct to RangersTV - that Training Day 3 video still isn't listed under Latest Videos some 6 hours later. Very odd.

EDIT: Actually I've now found it under Latest Videos. Strangely its a few lines down and pre-dates the Training Day 2 video, which is what threw me. Both Day 2 and Day 3 are dated 07/07/2022.

Do you get mygers points for buying the package?

I’ve paid the £25 anyway so the answer isn’t going to determine whether I pay or not, just curious

Does anyone know if RTV is going to have full match replays of all the friendlies?
I don't think any of us 'know' mate. Only highlights of the Thistle match, but that was behind closed doors. I'd expect them to have the full match replay though - but that's not a guarantee.

Just about to buy the Sunderland game for £6.99 as will be at the others. Did the RTV stream sort the casting option so I can watch on tv by casting from my phone?

If memory serves, it was fine during lockdown season but last season it wasn’t an option.

Just about to buy the Sunderland game for £6.99 as will be at the others. Did the RTV stream sort the casting option so I can watch on tv by casting from my phone?

If memory serves, it was fine during lockdown season but last season it wasn’t an option.
If it helps I use a an app called Web video caster which has worked amazingly well for me for two seasons now including through the VPN if required.

Has anyone got a problem with the RTV app and trying to watch it full screen on your phone?
Phone software is upto date, deleted app and reinstalled etc but any time I go to expand screen to full the audio continues but picture freezes and doesn't recover. Android phone.

… apart from the lose of picture:confused:, I hooked up the RTV app from my iPhone today for the first time to my LG 60” SmartTV (I know, I know - but I’m an old fart).
(Had disconnect the laptop & moved it to my now repaired :rolleyes: 55” LG.)

Delighted with the ease & result all-round (after watching a YouTube video ;))

… although I’m a bit worried as the picture is getting really dark !?

Whats the best way to watch RTV? Im planning on getting the £240 package and using a VPN but can't be arsed using an HDMI through a laptop. Is there an app? I can't really make much sense of it from google and I'm meant to be intelligent. Have a Sony Bravia if that helps

Whats the best way to watch RTV? Im planning on getting the £240 package and using a VPN but can't be arsed using an HDMI through a laptop. Is there an app? I can't really make much sense of it from google and I'm meant to be intelligent. Have a Sony Bravia if that helps
There’s an App. In my opinion it’s shit for viewing the videos and slightly less shit for live streams. Laptop/HDMI is, by a country mile, the best way to view. Inconvenient or not. Other options, like casting, can bring their own problems.

Anyone on the monthly unlimited (legacy) had their payment taken this month yet? Mine is usually taken by 8th or 9th of month, nothing so far :confused:

Anyone on the monthly unlimited (legacy) had their payment taken this month yet? Mine is usually taken by 8th or 9th of month, nothing so far :confused:
Mine is due 13 July so I should know tomorrow. You're an old hand at this so I'm sure you know anyway but, if not, login to your account, click on the 'wee man' icon and select RTV Account. Scroll down to Active Subscriptions and it will tell you when the next renewal date is. Further down it will show your last payment date.

Mine is due 13 July so I should know tomorrow. You're an old hand at this so I'm sure you know anyway but, if not, login to your account, click on the 'wee man' icon and select RTV Account. Scroll down to Active Subscriptions and it will tell you when the next renewal date is. Further down it will show your last payment date.

Done that, shows my account as active…Next payment date as 8th July. Strange.

Done that, shows my account as active…Next payment date as 8th July. Strange.
That is odd. Presumably further down under Recent Transactions it doesn't show a recent payment?

I know I always get an email confirming payment taken but, I have to be honest, I've no idea if it gets taken on the due date or not. Looking at my credit card account though, it seems that it does - 13th of the month regular as clockwork.

I'd keep a close eye on it, especially with another game coming up on Saturday, to make sure it continues to show as Active. Hopefully the payment will show soon.

Obviously the worry is it changes to Inactive. Nothing in your bank about payment declined? No indication of Rangers trying to take the payment?

That is odd. Presumably further down under Recent Transactions it doesn't show a recent payment?

I know I always get an email confirming payment taken but, I have to be honest, I've no idea if it gets taken on the due date or not. Looking at my credit card account though, it seems that it does - 13th of the month regular as clockwork.

I'd keep a close eye on it, especially with another game coming up on Saturday, to make sure it continues to show as Active. Hopefully the payment will show soon.

Obviously the worry is it changes to Inactive. Nothing in your bank about payment declined? No indication of Rangers trying to take the payment?

Recent transactions show last payment was 8th June.
Nothing from bank, same old card which doesn't expire until late next year.
I usually get the email straight away too plus a notification of payment on my banking app. Hopefully I'll wake up to it tommorrow am.
I hope they're not trying to get rid of us legacy subcribers!

I usually get the email straight away too plus a notification of payment on my banking app. Hopefully I'll wake up to it tommorrow am.
Will update tomorrow confirming that my payment has gone through (I hope).

Reactions: BWO
Good luck mate. As I said, I *think* they pick up on it from your purchase via your login but it takes a while to show on MyGers. I've never been able to get anyone who's bought to confirm that though.:)

If you don't mind, and if you remember, can you do us all a favour and pop back into this thread in due course and let us know how it played out for you? Would be handy for future reference. Thanks if you do.

Here's the most recent thread on the topic for info:

I emailed mygers@rangers.co.uk
with my name, my son's name and our MyGers numbers.
I received an email back asking for a screenshot of the date of purchase. Once I sent that, I received another email stating that purchases after 11 June would be updated in the next quarter. We had purchased on 25 June.

I emailed mygers@rangers.co.uk
with my name, my son's name and our MyGers numbers.
I received an email back asking for a screenshot of the date of purchase. Once I sent that, I received another email stating that purchases after 11 June would be updated in the next quarter. We had purchased on 25 June.
Thanks for coming back with the update. The delay is as expected but at least now we have a fixed date of 11 June as the cut-off. Buy after that and it will be October update before points show.

Never heard anyone be asked for a screenshot before, that’s a new one.

Just to follow-up. Woke up this morning to the regular email saying my payment had been taken mate.

Might be worth checking the right card is shown on your RTV Account and that it’s in date. Checking with bank for any declined payments. Firing off an email to RangersTV. In that order perhaps.

Or let it go and see if your Account remains ‘Active’.:)

Just to follow-up. Woke up this morning to the regular email saying my payment had been taken mate.

Might be worth checking the right card is shown on your RTV Account and that it’s in date. Checking with bank for any declined payments. Firing off an email to RangersTV. In that order perhaps.

Or let it go and see if your Account remains ‘Active’.:)

Emailed them and this is word for word what they replied with, I've told them to reprocess it. Will be livid if I need to fork out £240 in one go

“ Hi BWO thank you for getting but seems like the payment has got stuck in the system I would advise to cancel the pass then tart it again
kind regudes “

:mad:

Emailed them and this is word for word what they replied with, I've told them to reprocess it. Will be livid if I need to fork out £240 in one go

“ Hi BWO thank you for getting but seems like the payment has got stuck in the system I would advise to cancel the pass then tart it again
kind regudes “

:mad:
Ha ha, they have to be kidding. Start again - aye, at £24 a month. No chance. Surely the correct answer is for them to re-process the payment? I'd go back and suggest that, reminding them of course that you are a Legacy Member. I wouldn't be letting go of it with that shitey response. Out of interest, does your Account still show as Active (you might be onto a winner here - kidding, obvs).

As for the spelling and grammar. Lordy, Lordy!:eek:

Ha ha, they have to be kidding. Start again - aye, at £24 a month. No chance. Surely the correct answer is for them to re-process the payment? I'd go back and suggest that, reminding them of course that you are a Legacy Member. I wouldn't be letting go of it with that shitey response. Out of interest, does your Account still show as Active (you might be onto a winner here - kidding, obvs).

As for the spelling and grammar. Lordy, Lordy!:eek:

Yeah account is still showing as active just now so still some hope. £24 a month isn’t the end of the world, except you can‘t pay the overseas package in instalments :mad:

Yeah account is still showing as active just now so still some hope. £24 a month isn’t the end of the world, except you can‘t pay the overseas package in instalments :mad:
Yeah, you can do the monthly subs again for overseas now, but its £24 instead of the Legacy £17.25. Quite a hike.

I'm guessing you used the Contact Us page on the official website? You might get a better response going direct to the following email address (no guarantees it still works but I think it should):

rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

Yeah, you can do the monthly subs again for overseas now, but its £24 instead of the Legacy £17.25. Quite a hike.

I'm guessing you used the Contact Us page on the official website? You might get a better response going direct to the following email address (no guarantees it still works but I think it should):

rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

That was the email I contacted, doesn’t give you much confidence in the operation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back