Surprising Comment From A Couple Of Blackpool Supporters Yesterday

Highway Star

Was talking to them in a beer garden after the game.

Very complimentary about our team and our support, saying we're a credit to our club and they'd love the game to be an annual event.

What did suprise me though, was how complimentary about Davis, McCann and Arfield were in midfield, when they came on.
They were saying how they totally ran the game and Blackpool couldn't get a kick once they came on.

When I told them that the 3 of them were likely our 2nd choice midfielders this season, they were well impressed.

"They totally schooled an English Championship midfield", was their reply.

It just shows the depth of quality we've got in that area.

Had a look at their forum today, and 99% are saying we were fantastic and fans in the home end were all in good spirits also.

Maybe we don’t need silly threads telling us to behave every time we step foot outside Scotland.
Correct brother. I genuinely find it embarrassing when people post that shit. 99% of bears travel and behave exceptionally well. We have a few absolute cretins who need removed from our support, but they aren’t representative of us.

And we know, those making the comments actually never travel to any game.

I watched the game on the Blackpool YouTube channel and both commentators were raving about the support and how they very much favoured Rangers over the other mob, and they'd like to see it become an annual event. They finished off by one of them saying he wanted to hit the pub with the Bears!

Correct brother. I genuinely find it embarrassing when people post that shit. 99% of bears travel and behave exceptionally well. We have a few absolute cretins who need removed from our support, but they aren’t representative of us.

And we know, those making the comments actually never travel to any game.
It’s tiresome the worst was feyenoord away people advising us not to travel. No problem, think I’ll just go and have a blast like usual haha

Very complimentary about our team and our support, saying we're a credit to our club and they'd love the game to be an annual event.

What did suprise me though, was how complimentary about Davis, McCann and Arfield were in midfield, when they came on.
They were saying how they totally ran the game and Blackpool couldn't get a kick once they came on.

When I told them that the 3 of them were likely our 2nd choice midfielders this season, they were well impressed.

The thing I find interesting about that is the midfield 3 that started the game are most likely our first choice 3. Maybe swap Kamara for Lawrence or Lowry but our midfield didn’t have the same impact in the first half

I think the difference is what the two sets of fans are used to watching. We’re used to a lot more of the ball than Blackpool, we always complain about not being able to breakdown 9 man defences. Blackpool don’t get that.

Davis plays too deep to be playing that final pass we often don’t have. Arfield is a late runner not a playmaker.

I think what they want in midfield is the ability to keep the ball. What we want is someone who can take defenders out of a game with some sort of forward pass.

So I can see why they liked our midfield yesterday. But I can see we wouldn’t be happy without starting with a playmaker in the middle of the park.

Not really surprising if you watched the match?

We were far more dominant in the 2nd half with Davis and Arfield on the park

However this may be due to Arfield dealing with the physical play from Blackpool better than Kamara did 1st half. They were very rough and ready for a friendly and didn't look like we were up for matching that 1st half.

It’s tiresome the worst was feyenoord away people advising us not to travel. No problem, think I’ll just go and have a blast like usual haha
Was in Rotterdam and Belgrade and the usual cowards saying we can’t travel. Our support back down from no one. Bow down to no one. Fear no one. And that goes for our own bed wetters. We will continue to charge on, following Rangers wherever we may go. It’ll never stop.

OP is spot on.

Lundstram was on it from the start but the addition of Davis and Arfield turned us around in that game.

I wasn't keen on them both getting extensions in the summer, thought it should be one or the other, but they were just much more attacking in their thinking than Jack and Kamara. McCann also looked a couple of year's more advanced than the other B team players. He looks totally ready for the first team.

It's fair comment they changed the game up, in the second half we had much more urgency and looked a different team, that said I thought Kamara had a good first half

Arfield and David will have a role to play in closing out the last 20 minutes of games this season. McCann looks an absolute find. Full of energy.

The people complaining about Davis and Arfield getting new contracts need to see that having these guys as squad players has got to be preferable to signing the likes of Bacuna. Much better chance of developing young players like Lowry and McCann under the tutelage of legends than if they were fighting for a jersey with journeyman pros.

Had a look at their forum today, and 99% are saying we were fantastic and fans in the home end were all in good spirits also.

Maybe we don’t need silly threads telling us to behave every time we step foot outside Scotland.
The “silly threads” don’t do any harm just a wee reminder and by the looks of things maybe just maybe they work.

The people complaining about Davis and Arfield getting new contracts need to see that having these guys as squad players has got to be preferable to signing the likes of Bacuna. Much better chance of developing young players like Lowry and McCann under the tutelage of legends than if they were fighting for a jersey with journeyman pros.
There will hopefully always be someone coming through that needs tutelage. How long do we keep them around for? That's the big question. And Arfield a legend? That is overstating it just a tad isn't it? Not everyone has to be a legend to be appreciated.

There were folk on here (including an admin) saying the Union Bears were going to get folk stabbed in Barcelona because we unveiled a banner saying "Catalunya es Espana" at the home game.

Went against the wee love in everyone wanted for the home game where we used another clubs motto for a card display

Loads of people don’t realise the ‘10’ position is quite rare at the top level just now, Most teams need a midfield 3 to dominate and control the game and allow the front 3 and full backs more freedom

There will hopefully always be someone coming through that needs tutelage. How long do we keep them around for? That's the big question. And Arfield a legend? That is overstating it just a tad isn't it? Not everyone has to be a legend to be appreciated.
Wasn’t my main point, but agree Arfield not quite on legendary status but I’d rather an Arfield for an extra year than a Bacuna, Zungu or Greg Stewart type journeyman squad player.

We are on the up but if only takes a couple of idiots to spoil things.It does no harm to remind everybody that fan behaviour reflects on the Club.We dont need it rammed down our throat but positive encouragement to remember this is a good thing imo.

I watched the game on the Blackpool YouTube channel and both commentators were raving about the support and how they very much favoured Rangers over the other mob, and they'd like to see it become an annual event. They finished off by one of them saying he wanted to hit the pub with the Bears!
Was very refreshing to listen to their commentary. Consistently complimentary about fans and praising the atmosphere. Also spoke highly of Davis and Arfield saying they were both Rolls Royces of players.

I remember one guy freaking out everyday at the thought of us going to Rotterdam. Genuine hysterics.
Exact one I was thinking of mate the guy was terrified and wasn’t going because of what could happen haha. The worst thing that happened was the walk up those stairs only beaten by Braga for a workout to get into the stands

Exact one I was thinking of mate the guy was terrified and wasn’t going because of what could happen haha. The worst thing that happened was the walk up those stairs only beaten by Braga for a workout to get into the stands

I’m surprised David Graham never slipped Charlie Adam £500 quid to appear on sky sports yesterday to tell us to take sun screen and remember who we were representing it’s embarrassing.

Back