Ross McCrorie

dt17

The Jay Cartwright of FF
Everyone has been singing his praises this year saying he's the young player of the year etc but today showed that he's never a centre back in a million years. Dembele absolutely bullied him from start to finish. Rogic ripped him for his goal and the sending off was absolutely ridiculous.

Yet for some reason he escapes a lot of criticism on here, especially compared to the likes of Tav who makes one mistake and there's countless threads made about him.

Everyone has been singing his praises this year saying he's the young player of the year etc but today showed that he's never a centre back in a million years. Dembele absolutely bullied him from start to finish. Rogic ripped him for his goal and the sending off was absolutely ridiculous.

Yet for some reason he escapes a lot of criticism on here, especially compared to the likes of Tav who makes one mistake and there's countless threads made about him.
I would rather he played in a CDM role today but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

A young guy Who shouldn't have been left with Dembele when it clearly wasn't working

Murty & Martin are to blame for that

He's a CM I think that's been put to bed until he's much older

The support have held onto the young players as bastions of hope.....it probably reflects where we are.

McCrorie and Bates were always going to have days like today-better and more experienced players have blown up in big games. Bates obviously won't be here to see it....

I suspect/fear you can put the kettle on for Docherty being under severe pressure early next season if he retains a place and doesn't improve.

Youth is not the answer and it seldom is at Rangers.

The support have held onto the young players as bastions of hope.....it probably reflects where we are.

McCrorie and Bates were always going to have days like today-better and more experienced players have blown up in big games. Bates obviously won't be here to see it....

I suspect/fear you can put the kettle on for Docherty being under severe pressure early next season if he retains a place and doesn't improve.

Youth is not the answer and it seldom is at Rangers.

I would bring bates into it he held his own when playing in the defence he was always the better defender.

He was absolutely dreadful today, we were as good as a man down with his performance.
Gutted for the lad, he has been put on a pedestal far too soon but he played as if a "little boy lost" today.

Two points from me on this:

1. He’s only back from a long lay off

2. He had to play centre half today given how horrific Martin and Alves have been, ideally you’d have him in midfield but we’ve been let down by lack of alternatives.

Look forward to seeing him working with a football manager next season

1. So is Halliday yet he gets no leeway from the support.

Starting Martin over Alves was criminal though.

As bad a performance as I’ve ever seen against them.Anyone with a pair of eyes in their head seen it coming after a few minutes when Dembele started on him,he was all over the place.He is not a CB.

Loses his man and commits himself too early to play at centre half. At defensive midfield he is good at picking up the lose balls and giving the defence a bit of cover. He has never been convincing at centre half. He does however have a future in midfield.

Nonsense, he is one of the few real prospects in our squad, was handed a tough job today while older, more experienced guys hid, and is not yet fully fit

He’s a CH all day long . However he’s never going to be a one man unit . He played midfield because Jack got injured and at the time we had Wilson and Alves available and a fill in with Bates. The boy is just that , a boy. Expectations on here are ridiculous for this season but he will , in my opinion , prove a basis , providing we hold on to him , for a good CH pairing . Just not with Alves and , god forbid , Martin . Too many folk playing FIFA18 and believing they are the next Guardiola !! Let the boy develop into the CH he can become and enjoy . FFS Dougie Arnott used to torture big Goughie !! Everyone can have an off day

He was turned for their first. That can happen to any defender by himself. The rest of the defence just stood and watched it happen. As with the rest of the game nobody closed down or pressured our opponents

He's still a Youth player he's not strong enough or good enough to play for our first team, he's potential.
Mate, take it you didn’t watch the game at the piggery at new year? Boy was best player on the park and didn’t Shite out of anything and kept their midfield at bay to a reasonable extent (wouldn’t have had to work as hard if Kranjcar wasn’t useless). But the boy is first team and is probably our best player, there’s no shame in that. Also he’s a fucking defensive midfielder.

Halliday hasn’t shown much since the Championship though, this isn’t his level. Not blaming the lad he just isn’t good enough.

Difficult to judge since he's never, as far as I can recall, played in his proper position. All we can say for certain is you can't make him into a defensive central midfielder.

He’s a CH all day long . However he’s never going to be a one man unit . He played midfield because Jack got injured and at the time we had Wilson and Alves available and a fill in with Bates. The boy is just that , a boy. Expectations on here are ridiculous for this season but he will , in my opinion , prove a basis , providing we hold on to him , for a good CH pairing . Just not with Alves and , god forbid , Martin . Too many folk playing FIFA18 and believing they are the next Guardiola !! Let the boy develop into the CH he can become and enjoy . FFS Dougie Arnott used to torture big Goughie !! Everyone can have an off day
Yes he was brought in as a center half and then had to fill in midfield for Jack but he’s been that good in midfield you can’t say that isn’t his position, he’s better than jack in every aspect of his game.

Up until the red card I thought he was actually doing quite well. His pace and snap in the tackle broke down a lot of the opposition attacks.
The best we have played this season by far was with him playing sweeper in front of 2CBs and it was his contribution to that that was giving us a solid platform to build from.
When he got injured Murty abandoned that idea altogether which was a bit baffling.

Mate, take it you didn’t watch the game at the piggery at new year? Boy was best player on the park and didn’t Shite out of anything and kept their midfield at bay to a reasonable extent (wouldn’t have had to work as hard if Kranjcar wasn’t useless). But the boy is first team and is probably our best player, there’s no shame in that. Also he’s a fucking defensive midfielder.

He's a decent youth player he's outmuscled too easily we saw it against Malumba we saw it today he's not good enough yet he may improve but he's not even close to what we need at the back or in Midfield.

Was terrible today but he has looked brilliant at DM which is where he should be playing. I kind of understand why he never went with Alves and Martin due to the lack of pace but Alves should of started instead of Martin. Martin has been chronic since signing.

I think McCrorie could develop into a Kevin Thomson type player in midfield.

He’s got far more potential than other players, who get chance after chance or are still on our books without getting pitch time.

He's not a better centre half than Bruno Alves.
He's a better DM than Andy Halliday.
Graeme Murty is a better football coach than me.
I could pick a better team than Graeme Murty.

He's a midfielder, it's that simple.
I've said it before whilst he was playing in there earlier this season that he's the best we've brought through since Barry.
I stand by that statement, but only as a midfielder.

The 2nd goal where Martin laid it off nicely for McGregor is unbelievable. This guy should not under any circumstances be signed for next year.

He's a far better player as a defensive midfielder. Maybe in a few years once he's physically matured but midfield is his position.

There was no organisation in that defence whatsoever today and the boy was getting into the wrong positions allowing Dembele to overpower him nearly every time, i would have epected the so called senior partner to talk the boy through it.

No excuses.....he was terrible.

He's been given a lot of slack and made countless mistakes .

Wilson looked better breaking through, truth be told.

Boy is class and will captain us to many victories over them if we can keep hold.

Red card today was a joke, even if if was probably a penalty.

Turn for the 1st was jst one of those ones and fair play to a good player.

Prefer Ross in front of defence and today maybe showed why. But, on a day when no one turned up for us, the boy at least looked like he cared.

He's a kid, FFS.
He, and Docherty and even Morelos, should not be getting any criticism at all, outwith "seen him play better".

He was dreadful today, no excuses regarding lack of football, a better midfielder than centre back, just dreadful. However he is an outstanding prospect in both positions. All the shit stars aligned today, the manager is shit, the shit players were shit, the so called better players were,,,,,,,,,you get my drift.

Back