Tonight's Game FTA on Belgium Channel VTM 2 - How To (VPN required)

Boab

Official Ticketer
UPDATE 09:35: Looks like they may region lock some programmes as currently on VTM 2 is 'Seven Year Switch USA' and the message 'Sorry, this video is not available in your current location' is showing'. It's likely they will do this for the game so please don't rely on this method unless you're familiar with using a VPN if needed.

Further Update 10:17: VPN only required to start the stream then can be switched off based on a test I did just now. See post #10 for details.

First of all for Admin, this is completely free and with no VPN required. It does need registration and an app install if using Android, similar to STV Player etc, which I'm providing the instructions for below.

VTM 2 can be viewed on the VTM Go website (PC/Laptop only) or their Android App.

Click on the link to register on the VTM Go website
1. On the First page enter your email address and then hit Ga Verder (Continue).
2. The Second Page is for filling out your details, translating the page is easiest but if you're not sure this is the fields that are compulsory translated:

Stel je wachtwoord in (Set your Password) 10 characters required for this.

Persoonlijke gegevens (Personal Information)

Drop down choose Meneer for Mr or Mevrouw for Mrs

Voornam = First Name
Achternaam = Last Name
Gerbootedatum = Date of birth (**/**/**** format)

Postcode - I entered Enter 9992 but you can use any code if you search online for Belgium post codes.

Land (Country) - Belgie

DON'T select the two option boxes as it's saying yes to marketing from them and 3rd parties

Then select the Mask Mijn account aan (Create my account) button

You will then have a page with a text box which says above it:
Vul je verificatiecode in (Enter your Verification Code)

Get the code from your email which needs to be entered within 15 minutes and type it in that box and hit activeer account ( activate account) to verify your account.

The next page may populate a box which has links to Google play store for the app, close this as the app isn't available in the UK store.

After you've closed the pop up select a colour circle for your profile then hit the Profile aanmaken (make a profile) button.

That will be registration complete and you'll be taken to the website where you can hit the Live option and select VTM 2 channel to start viewing.

If you want to view on the App it can be found on the APKPure website (Use at your own risk, I've installed it and no issues found). Once installed just log in using your details to start viewing.

On a Fire Stick if you use the downloader apps browser option you can install it directly on it and it seems to be well optimised for the stick.

Sadly their doesn't seem to be a native Chromecast option on the app itself.

Lastly it will most definitely be foreign commentary but surely better than listening to Craigen and probably make more sense B-D

Last edited:
That was surprisingly easy! Worked first time. I've got the two day pass for RTV already so will see if that's working fine and fall back on this if it doesn't work properly. Thanks

For those who DO have a VPN (probably the majority of us these days) a reminder the game is available on RangersTV. See OP in thread below. Do NOT login prior to trying to purchase as the process will take you through login at the appropriate point.

That was surprisingly easy! Worked first time. I've got the two day pass for RTV already so will see if that's working fine and fall back on this if it doesn't work properly. Thanks
How did you get the two day pass?

Im not getting that option.

Added the following update to the OP after checking the channel was still working ok this morning.

UPDATE 09:35: Looks like they may region lock some programmes as currently on VTM 2 is 'Seven Year Switch USA' and the message 'Sorry, this video is not available in your current location' is showing'. It's likely they will do this for the game so please don't rely on this method unless you're familiar with using a VPN if needed.

Further Update 10:17: VTM 2 is currently not broadcasting so I've tested a programme called 'Hello K3' which is showing on the VTM Kids channel just now and is region locked. Turned on Tunnel Bear on my PC (free 500mb a month option available), set it to Belgium then refreshed the VTM webpage. The programme came on straight away. I can also confirm you can switch the VPN off and the programme will continue to play so won't use up your free VPN data allowance.

So to conclude you only need the VPN to start the stream then it can be turned off. Not sure how this will work on an Android Mobile or Fire Stick. I might test the Fire Stick later and post back.

IOS Users - The web page shows an IOS App option for VTM Go but I don't have IOS so not sure if you can download it from the App Store easily in the UK. Feel free to try and report back on here.

How did you get the two day pass?

Im not getting that option.
It came up for me just before the Rangers Livingston. I just went to RTV on the website, didn't use the app and it gave me a 3 day option (sorry said 2 before). It runs out today so I should get the game tonight before it stops

It came up for me just before the Rangers Livingston. I just went to RTV on the website, didn't use the app and it gave me a 3 day option (sorry said 2 before). It runs out today so I should get the game tonight before it stops
Some bad news mate. The three day Unlimited pass runs for 72 hours from time of purchase. So if you bought before Livi game it will have expired now. Sorry.

Rangers make a lot of cock-ups but they aren’t daft.

The link for VTM Go comes up with the following error mesage:

Oeps, er is een fout opgetreden​

The link for VTM Go comes up with the following error mesage:

Oeps, er is een fout opgetreden​

I've just checked all my links and they are all working ok for me.

Have you tried googling VTM Go and see if you can access it that way?

I've just checked all my links and they are all working ok for me.

Have you tried googling VTM Go and see if you can access it that way?
Yep, found the site but unable to register. Tried downloading the ap using a VPN but it's still region-blocked.

Yep, found the site but unable to register. Tried downloading the ap using a VPN but it's still region-blocked.
Weird, I didn't need a VPN to install the app or register. The VPN is only needed at the point of starting the channel, once it's playing you can switch it off.

Weird, I didn't need a VPN to install the app or register. The VPN is only needed at the point of starting the channel, once it's playing you can switch it off.
Bit the bullet and went on holiday with my RTV account. Thanks for posting and trying to help though.

Yeah the VTM app and browser are both blocking me from watching live even with VPN on - very likely same will apply for the game.

Just going to have go back down the RTV route with a VPN on

Yeah the VTM app and browser are both blocking me from watching live even with VPN on - very likely same will apply for the game.

What VPN are you using as it still works fine for me using Tunnel Bear?

Further Update 10:17: VPN only required to start the stream then can be switched off based on a test I did just now. See post #10 for details.

First of all for Admin, this is completely free and with no VPN required. It does need registration and an app install if using Android, similar to STV Player etc, which I'm providing the instructions for below.

VTM 2 can be viewed on the VTM Go website (PC/Laptop only) or their Android App.

1. On the First page enter your email address and then hit Ga Verder (Continue).
2. The Second Page is for filling out your details, translating the page is easiest but if you're not sure this is the fields that are compulsory translated:

Voornam = First Name
Achternaam = Last Name

Postcode - I entered Enter 9992 but you can use any code if you search online for Belgium post codes.

Land (Country) - Belgie

DON'T select the two option boxes as it's saying yes to marketing from them and 3rd parties

Get the code from your email which needs to be entered within 15 minutes and type it in that box and hit activeer account ( activate account) to verify your account.

The next page may populate a box which has links to Google play store for the app, close this as the app isn't available in the UK store.

After you've closed the pop up select a colour circle for your profile then hit the Profile aanmaken (make a profile) button.

That will be registration complete and you'll be taken to the website where you can hit the Live option and select VTM 2 channel to start viewing.

If you want to view on the App it can be found on the APKPure website (Use at your own risk, I've installed it and no issues found). Once installed just log in using your details to start viewing.

On a Fire Stick if you use the downloader apps browser option you can install it directly on it and it seems to be well optimised for the stick.

Lastly it will most definitely be foreign commentary but surely better than listening to Craigen and probably make more sense B-D
most definitely be foreign commentary but surely better than listening to Craigen

I watched the Livi game on Saturday from a Portuguese stream, much better with foreign commentary than Walker/Crocker/Craigen.

Just to add, I've managed to log in on both android app on mobile and web browser on PC at the same time with VPN's on to start the stream then switching the VPN's off and both still work. App is about 20 secs behind the web browser though.

If you are having to use a VPN to get this working just pay the money and watch on RangersTV for goodness sakes. Give the Club some money and get a commentary in English.

@Boab has done good work finding this, which initially appeared you didn't need a VPN and would have been great for the technically-afraid posters, but now you need the VPN you're as well helping the Club and hearing it in English.;)

Just to add, I've managed to log in on both android app on mobile and web browser on PC at the same time with VPN's on to start the stream then switching the VPN's off and both still work. App is about 20 secs behind the web browser though.
This is for VT2 as well?

This is for VT2 as well?
Not sure if you mistyped but yes if you're meaning the VTM 2 channel.

Windows PC, Chrome Browser, Tunnel Bear, VTM Go website

Android Mobile, VTM Go App from APKPure website, Keepsolid VPN

Just realised though that they're both logged in with different log ins as I created a 2nd one to help me type up the instructions as I couldn't remember it all lol

For those who DO have a VPN (probably the majority of us these days) a reminder the game is available on RangersTV. See OP in thread below. Do NOT login prior to trying to purchase as the process will take you through login at the appropriate point.

You legend VB - I never even knew this was on RTV as I had no email or anything.

Just did a quick Fire Stick test, working fine with Keepsolid VPN Unlimited app set to Belgium. Only issue is I can't see a way to turn the VPN off without the VTM Go app reloading the channel stream when you go back to it, so it seems the VPN needs to stay on if using the app on the stick.

If you are having to use a VPN to get this working just pay the money and watch on RangersTV for goodness sakes. Give the Club some money and get a commentary in English.

@Boab has done good work finding this, which initially appeared you didn't need a VPN and would have been great for the technically-afraid posters, but now you need the VPN you're as well helping the Club and hearing it in English.;)
Wasn't sure where you were going with that after reading the first paragraph ha ha.

I like to think my way stops people having to subscribe to Premier Sport but would definitely recommend RTV at the very least for the English Commentary.

Not sure if you mistyped but yes if you're meaning the VTM 2 channel.

Windows PC, Chrome Browser, Tunnel Bear, VTM Go website

Android Mobile, VTM Go App from APKPure website, Keepsolid VPN

Just realised though that they're both logged in with different log ins as I created a 2nd one to help me type up the instructions as I couldn't remember it all lol
It's working! Was using a different VPN app but installed Keepsolid and changed location to Belgium. Seems to be okay so far

Wasn't sure where you were going with that after reading the first paragraph ha ha.

I like to think my way stops people having to subscribe to Premier Sport but would definitely recommend RTV at the very least for the English Commentary.
Neither was I mate.:) When I first saw this early today I thought 'that's a brilliant bit of work' and deserving of much praise. It still is, BUT the requirement for the VPN kinda holed the idea below the water line for me though.;)

Neither was I mate.:) When I first saw this early today I thought 'that's a brilliant bit of work' and deserving of much praise. It still is, BUT the requirement for the VPN kinda holed the idea below the water line for me though.;)
Agree, couldn't sleep when I found it and posted up and there wasn't any programmes playing so made me think I'd hit the jackpot. Seems to work VPN free for commercials but kicks in the geo restrictions on the programmes themselves which is annoying. Still it's an option or at least a back up if RTV goes tits up and you have a VPN to use B-)

Agree, couldn't sleep when I found it and posted up and there wasn't any programmes playing so made me think I'd hit the jackpot. Seems to work VPN free for commercials but kicks in the geo restrictions on the programmes themselves which is annoying. Still it's an option or at least a back up if RTV goes tits up and you have a VPN to use B-)
Plenty on the thread appear to be taking advantage of it mate so its helped a few out. Can't go wrong with that. That's all any of us want to do - even if I am stuck in RangersTV 'cheerleader' mode - so its been a well worthy thread.

What do you type in to the Firestick Downloader?
I hit the browser option on the left then typed in the Google URL, I then searched VTM GO APK and choose the APKPure option. You can then find the download link in there. Be careful you choose the correct one as there is a few ads with download links which aren't for the app.

IOS Users - The web page shows an IOS App option for VTM Go but I don't have IOS so not sure if you can download it from the App Store easily in the UK. Feel free to try and report back on here.
I put the pop up form the site through the translator and got:

Watch video?

Watching videos is only available in the app or on desktop.

Watch this in the app
App not yet installed?
Looks like you need the app to watch via iOS. For that you would need to have your Apple account based in Belgium as the app is not available in the U.K. App Store.

I put the pop up form the site through the translator and got:

Looks like you need the app to watch via iOS. For that you would need to have your Apple account based in Belgium as the app is not available in the U.K. App Store.
What I suspected, with Android it's easy to sideload to get round this issue.

Voornam = First Name
Achternaam = Last Name

Land (Country) - Belgie

If you have access to a vpn then it’s on rangers tv, give the money to rangers. It’s only a tenner

Voornam = First Name
Achternaam = Last Name

Land (Country) - Belgie

worked fine, thanks mate!

What I suspected, with Android it's easy to sideload to get round this issue.
I’ve managed to get round it. If you click the AA on the left of the browser bar (on Safari) you can switch to the Desktop Site and it will play.

Voornam = First Name
Achternaam = Last Name

Land (Country) - Belgie

Seems easy enough

Programme started and 100% needs the VPN to start the channel. This is the Android App

Back