If we finish 4th

Vamos_buffalo

If we finish 4th and Motherwell win the cup it means we wouldn’t make Europe but it also means the chunts double treble is gone.

What would we wish for in that scenario?

It's unthinkable. We need the revenue from Europe, even if it is only a few games and we also need it to attract players. We can't think about them, we have to sort ourselves out.

It depends, are we going into Europe playing like we have this season or with new vigour?

I never want us to do badly, but at the same time, Progres still gives me nightmares.

It has been stated several times we need revenue from Europe. If the bheasts win the cup I take it 2nd place in the league goes to the 2nd qualifying round and 3rd & 4th league place go into the 1st qualifying round?

It has been stated several times we need revenue from Europe. If the bheasts win the cup I take it 2nd place in the league goes to the 2nd qualifying round and 3rd & 4th league place go into the 1st qualifying round?

Correct 2nd place QR2 entry if Celtc win SC

This is why 4th is absolutely to be avoided. Think we will avoid 4th but 3rd is a reasonably strong possibility.

I suppose what you are asking OP, is in the event we finish 4th, are we sitting hoping for Celtic winning the cup the following weekend.

The answer to your question, is %^*& no!!!

Europe, obviously. Even if we get one round out of it that is much needed revenue and could be the best part of £1m depending on ticket prices/opposition.

There is little to no chance that Celtic don’t win the cup in any case, they will be 90 minutes away from a double treble and will have 3 quarters of Hampden behind them in the last game of the season, it will be a cricket score.

I'm not sure how far we'd actually qualify in our current condition, and the 1st stages are something ridiculous like 5 weeks after the end of the season and during the world cup. Money aside giving the new manager more time to prepare would be a benefit. So aye, if we finish 4th I'd want to see Motherwell fck them out of another treble.

In saying that I hope this isn't an choice we're even having to contemplate come the 19th May.

If we finish 4th and Motherwell win the cup it means we wouldn’t make Europe but it also means the chunts double treble is gone.

You even need to ask that?

But seriously, let's just hope that by some miracle we get 2nd and this nightmare scenario doesn't come to pass.

I genuinely couldn’t care less where we finish now. Talk about Europe? We’d be papped out in June anyway so not as if it’s a massive wedge of money filtering in to the club. All it would do is give us even less of a break at the season end. I’d rather we had a proper pre season under a proper manager and actually have a go at winni g something next year forget Europe we are nowhere near ready for that.

Being honest 4th is very much on the cards away to hibs celtic and Aberdeen quite possibly zero points and who’s to say we’ll beat killie

I'm not sure how far we'd actually qualify in our current condition, and the 1st stages are something ridiculous like 5 weeks after the end of the season and during the world cup. Money aside giving the new manager more time to prepare would be a benefit. So aye, if we finish 4th I'd want to see Motherwell fck them out of another treble.

In saying that I hope this isn't an choice we're even having to contemplate come the 19th May.

No Europe means League Cup group stages,
matches start July 14th with 5 games in a fortnight.

QR1 of the Europa League starts July 12th, one game a week.

If anything the manager will have more time to prepare if we get Europe.

No Europe means League Cup group stages,
matches start July 14th with 5 games in a fortnight.

QR1 of the Europa League starts July 12th, one game a week.

If anything the manager will have more time to prepare if we get Europe.

Ach, you're right mate. I'd forgotten about the changes to the League cup.

The only thing I can think of then is that there would be less pressure (and less chance of a screw up) to win those games than in the first round of the EL, especially with Pedro's disaster heaped on our shoulders.

And of course it would also mean the scum winning something.

Mental to believe we could realistically finish 4th after King chased Warburton for not being a strong enough 2nd. The last 18 months or so have been shambolic on the football side of the business.

We are a fùcking train wreck at the minute. I'm worried about finishing 5th.

Scarily enough anyone who thinks this is outwith the realms of possibility hasn't been paying attention. Killie have been the form team in the league for about half a season now and there's no reasonable suggestion that this is going to just suddenly stop. Our next 3 games are Hearts (h), scum (a), and Killie (h). I'm not convinced we'll take more than 4 points out of 9. Then we've got Aberdeen and Hibs away, and the only saving grace there is that Aberdeen are collapsing almost as badly as we are.

Then you hate them more than you support us, and that's unforgivable.

Fucking sue me!

We are nowhere near ready for Europe and would be out again by August in any event, so yeah I don't think I would be hoping Celtic win a trophy to gain us entry in to Europe. If you do, fair enough, but I actually find that unforgivable. But each to their own!

I genuinely couldn’t care less where we finish now. Talk about Europe? We’d be papped out in June anyway so not as if it’s a massive wedge of money filtering in to the club. All it would do is give us even less of a break at the season end. I’d rather we had a proper pre season under a proper manager and actually have a go at winni g something next year forget Europe we are nowhere near ready for that.

If we play one qualifier in Europe we'll make a minimum of 500k. We need every penny. If you couldn't care less where we finish, you either need to take a week off then come back and retract that statement, or just don't bother ever coming back.

If we play one qualifier in Europe we'll make a minimum of 500k. We need every penny. If you couldn't care less where we finish, you either need to take a week off then come back and retract that statement, or just don't bother ever coming back.

So will you be supporting Celtic on May 19th in the event we finish 4th?

8 points should see us get at least 3rd. If we can't do that we'd be papped out of Europe in July so what's the point. If we could take 12 points and finish 2nd then we might have half a hope of a wee run into autumn but doesn't seem at all likely just now

I’d rather we finished second and I couldn’t give a flying %^*& about the cup final

I'd want Motherwell to win. For 3 reasons really.
1 it stops them doing the double treble.
2 i don't really want to sneak into Europe based on help from another team.
3 apart from the financial benefit of Europe i just can't get excited about it. We are liable to lose to whichever bunch of part timers we face first.

We absolutely need Europe. A couple of games can be worth 1.5-2m in revenue to us. That's a lot of money for us at the moment.

8 points should see us get at least 3rd. If we can't do that we'd be papped out of Europe in July so what's the point. If we could take 12 points and finish 2nd then we might have half a hope of a wee run into autumn but doesn't seem at all likely just now

Where do you see us getting 8 points from?

Where do you see us getting 8 points from?

It's a good question. Potentially wins against sheep and Hearts and draws from Hibs and Killie. My point was if we're not capable of that we won't get past the second qualifying stage in Europe. In which case, if we're 4th, there is no question I'd want Motherwell to win the cup as I would see no benefit in Europe

What a shite thread. Can’t believe we’re even discussing this. Fact is if we finish 4th in the Scottish premier league we don’t deserve to be anywhere near European competition. We need to finish 2nd and start again in the summer. Last thing we need is another season of the sheep thinking they’re the 2nd best team and add to that they tramps from leith.

I wont be giving a rats ass about the final wherever we finish.

But to pick between them not getting something or us getting something good. Its us getting something good every time. Its about Rangers. However I would not be cheering Celtic on, we dont make Europe its simply because we didnt deserve to.

Worth bearing in mind that while we'll likely get fewer points than we'd like in the last 5 games, the sheep are even worse and will likely get fewer still and Killie are just too far behind.

3rd is humiliating enough though

Back