5 League games to go, possibly no Europe next season

Buffalo

Was tough enough with that thing in the Dugout anyway but now we have a manager who has chucked it, a team who have chucked playing for him and a fan base revolting against the team and management.

If Motherwell win the cup the 4th place team doesn't get a European place.

We are equal with Aberdeen, Hibs 3 points behind, I'm normally quietly optimistic but this could turn out even more disastrous than last season,

Hopefully we seal 2nd or 3rd at worst. I would vomit my guts up if we had to cheer on them to win the SC final if we finished 4th.

We will end up forth if the board keep their heads in the sand and hope for the best with Murty. The teams in the top 6 all know how to beat us except one and I would still not fancy our chances at pittodrie

No European football (even if its just the qualifiers) is a very real possibility! There’s no point burying our head in the sand about it!

We could end the league season in 4th place and need to rely on the mentally challengeds sealing the treble by beating Motherwell in the final to get us Europe. Absolute horrible thought!

No European football (even if its just the qualifiers) is a very real possibility! There’s no point burying our head in the sand about it!

We could end the league season in 4th place and need to rely on the mentally challengeds sealing the treble by beating Motherwell in the final to get us Europe. Absolute horrible thought!

We have 5 games to prevent that happening from a financial point of view it is not great if we don't have European football

Posted this on another thread last night and about 2nd place

Can't see Motherwell winning the SC means they win and by winning the League, 2nd place team would enter EL on 26th July 2018 in the QR2

That is the target now

Reduced to relying on favours, and from them

This isn't where Rangers should be at the end of a season

Motherwell win SC no Europe if 4th place - LC group stage instead

Celtc win SC 4th place gets European place
Motherwell win SC no Europe if 4th place - LC group stage instead

Celtc win SC 4th place gets European place
The very thought of this, or getting to the point where we're relying on celtic winning the scottish cup absolutely makes me sick. The board need to realise though that this is a distinct possibility and take some action.

We will finish 4th. I expect Hibs to get a result v them then they beat us to win the league. That then allows them to lie down to Aberdeen, which they have previous for.

As for us, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we don't win another game. We are a certainty to lose to them and Hibs. Killie and hearts will give us a decent game. The sheep are bigger bottle merchants than us so that's probably our best chance of a victory.

Also, even if we do finish 4th I still hope Motherwell win the cup.

Being in Europe will only lead to further embarrassment.

I want 2nd to prove we are on the right track and closing the gap more than getting excited about one home tie at Ibrox against some Andorran nobodies that we will inevitably struggle to get past.

Is Europe going to be a big deal for us?

Let’s face it we are not getting anywhere near the group stages of the EL.

So it’s a couple of ties against Cypriot and Polish opposition.

Hardly sounds like a money spinner.

We must have made nearly around £750k-800k from the Progres game?

So yes LC group stage we have share it and we aren't selling out against the likes of Stranraer etc either

We have a boys coach who knows he is not getting the job as manager,is he thinking FU,the set up yesterday seemed to point that way.
Tactically this guy is a utter disaster and will cost us Europe and much needed cash.
But hey he is a nice guy.

Is Europe going to be a big deal for us?

Let’s face it we are not getting anywhere near the group stages of the EL.

So it’s a couple of ties against Cypriot and Polish opposition.

Hardly sounds like a money spinner.
Guaranteed a full house or two so there would be money to be made.

Not enough money to make me want Celtic to beat Motherwell in the final mind you

The other part people are forgetting in all this, is Aberdeen are equally shite and inconsistent. I'm more concerned about Hibs.

I'm not confident, but I think we'll just about make it over the line to second, albeit relying on favours from others. The tims will have a big say on things, I expect them to put our reserve teams against Aberdeen and Hibs.

quite frankly if we finnish 4th i would personally like too see Motherwell win the cup as we wouldn't deserve to be in europe and at least that will stop there treble and give a new manager time for a proper pre season without the pressure of qualifiers and being beat by some mob from god knows where for the money it would generate its probably a hindrance too us at this moment in time and it makes me sad saying that although as above it would mean being in that god awful league cup group stage shambles .

We have 5 games to prevent that happening from a financial point of view it is not great if we don't have European football

Can't see Motherwell winning the SC means they win and by winning the League, 2nd place team would enter EL on 26th July 2018 in the QR2

That is the target now

The target is to win every game and secure 2nd place and European football!

Anything less (like finishing 3rd or getting in to Europe via the back door of 4th place) is unacceptable regardless of the excuse like financial comparison!

Missing out on Europe is a very realistic possibility and for all we know - a “top” manager might be lined up with the assumption of Europa League participation! Failure to gain a European spot ‘might’ have us back at the drawing board in terms of our manager search.

The target is to win every game and secure 2nd place and European football!

Anything less (like finishing 3rd or getting in to Europe via the back door of 4th place) is unacceptable regardless of the excuse like financial comparison!

Missing out on Europe is a very realistic possibility and for all we know - a “top” manager might be lined up with the assumption of Europa League participation! Failure to gain a European spot ‘might’ have us back at the drawing board in terms of our manager search.

It is fine balance of what could happen as you say every game we have to try and win

Finance is also key as it forms part of the road ahead for the club

quite frankly if we finnish 4th i would personally like too see Motherwell win the cup as we wouldn't deserve to be in europe and at least that will stop there treble and give a new manager time for a proper pre season without the pressure of qualifiers and being beat by some mob from god knows where for the money it would generate its probably a hindrance too us at this moment in time and it makes me sad saying that although as above it would mean being in that god awful league cup group stage shambles .
Got as far as too.

A grim thought. Especially since our financial model is dependent on the cash from European competition.

I doubt any manager will base their decision on Europa League participation and having to negotiate qualifying rounds in July. They're coming to build a domestic challenge.

I doubt any manager will base their decision on Europa League participation and having to negotiate qualifying rounds in July. They're coming to build a domestic challenge.

You never know mate. It’s just one of many reasons why we need to make sure we win all our games and guarantee Europe.

We are the team every one will want to beat over the next few weeks. At this stage I think we will get seven points maximum if they leave Murty in charge.

would rather no Europe if we get beat by Progres type again. That and yesterday were 2 all time lows, though Progres was worse.

Have been watching Rangers for nearly 60 years now, and up until last season the Berwick 1967 result was the most humiliating for me. That was until Progres.

However, yesterday was the most gutless, most embarrassing display by Rangers ever.

As I said on another thread, we were lucky to get NIL.

That is the target now

What date do 3rd & 4th play ELQs mate?

Will we have a squad good enough to win on a Sunday after playing in Europe on a Thursday

We will finish 4th. I expect Hibs to get a result v them then they beat us to win the league. That then allows them to lie down to Aberdeen, which they have previous for.

As for us, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we don't win another game. We are a certainty to lose to them and Hibs. Killie and hearts will give us a decent game. The sheep are bigger bottle merchants than us so that's probably our best chance of a victory.

Also, even if we do finish 4th I still hope Motherwell win the cup.
Never known them to lie down to the sheep before, now the other way around, yes.

The other part people are forgetting in all this, is Aberdeen are equally shite and inconsistent. I'm more concerned about Hibs.

I'm not confident, but I think we'll just about make it over the line to second, albeit relying on favours from others. The tims will have a big say on things, I expect them to put our reserve teams against Aberdeen and Hibs.
And still beat them.

Hopefully the steelmen will win the cup ..regardless of where we finish in the league ..European football for us ..sadly has been a non event

I fear that we will struggle to win any of the last five fixtures if the board do not remove Murty from the managers seat. We will see players calling off injured left right and centre and morale will be at an all time low - if it isn't already

Back